The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Especially if there's a wind up in there somewhere.

But my 1st digital camera was.... drum roll.... a Fuji!
:D

Especially if there's a wind up in there somewhere.

But my 1st digital camera was.... drum roll.... a Fuji!
:D

Haha
Im still deciding what "gang" to side with [emoji38][emoji38]
The A6000 Sony troop..... or Fuji t1 or t10 maybe.... or e2 hmm hahaha

Haha
Im still deciding what "gang" to side with [emoji38][emoji38]
The A6000 Sony troop..... or Fuji t1 or t10 maybe.... or e2 hmm hahaha

I quite fancy an A6000 and both new and used prices seem to reasonable but one thing they lack that the later ones have is an electronic shutter. Gotta be careful with banding under artificial light and rolling shutter may be an issue for some but being able to take a picture silently is nice, and not for pervy reasons.

Things I do like about the Sony's are being able to shoot with auto ISO and exposure confirmation in manual mode and having real time DoF preview. These are nice things :D

I quite fancy an A6000 and both new and used prices seem to reasonable but one thing they lack that the later ones have is an electronic shutter. Gotta be careful with banding under artificial light and rolling shutter may be an issue for some but being able to take a picture silently is nice, and not for pervy reasons.

Things I do like about the Sony's are being able to shoot with auto ISO and exposure confirmation in manual mode and having real time DoF preview. These are nice things :D

I really need to go into jessops and check them all out side by side...

Another I took while I was bored not too sure if it works..

It works. As does the colour one.

Mine over process :( lol

I was actually impressed with yours. Mine only looks natural because I have no idea how to process it.

Plus it's at ISO 20,000 you know :D

Nik treatment...

I have to say that yours are better Andrew. I've had a "good" drink but even when I'm sober I wont do better.

Last edited:
I've been following the Fuji thread. Amaze how well the OIS is on fuji

Optical image stabiliser

OIS is good but I think the Sony IBIS is better.
It's a big negative for the Fuji system imo.

And you going Fuji [emoji14]

But it amaze me how good it is. Not too sure if I think it that good on A7ii but it works

Just had a look at these strange the non af model £300 and filter 77mm £450 for the af model and 67mm filter seems small for the af version considering f1.4:runaway:

Checked out some reviews on youboob and it looks pretty decent. Less than half the price of the zeiss 50mm 1.4 and less than the 55mm

Still in 2 minds

Apart from mushy files, cooked raws and a smaller sensor what attracts you to the Fuji system? :D

I can see how downgrading and recouping some money was good for Riz as he had an insane for a normal person amount of money invested in a top end camera and very top end lenses but I think that like me you have quite a basic kit. Do it and you'll miss the quality of the Sony files.

Ever consider the Samyang 50 1.4? Looks like great value. Has af too.

I haven't looked at this but I assume it's bigger than the Sony 55mm f1.8. I'll have a look out of interest but as I have the 55mm and might add the 50mm macro and also have a bag full of manual 50mm's I can't see me getting a Samyang. It would only make sense if the difference between f1.4 and f1.8 was significant for me and I don't think that it is.

That's Chromatic Aberration and is caused by the lens rather than body. There's a simple slider in Lightroom to correct the majority of it (Lens Correction near the bottom of the Develop settings). It's a result of high contrast in the scene on the edge of the branches.

Back