The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Yes the A7ii at the moment would not be buying both at the moment though :D

In that case I would go for the G Master glass...... Sony will always improve the A7 series with the A7 III / A9, the G Master lenses feel like they have been built to last the test of time!

Morning Sony users at about 11.40 last night I had a GAS attack ;)

Looks like I ordered a used Sony A7R 2 after much soul searching I decided that I think the mk2 does everything I need and will be a fair bit less expensive than a future mk3 now hope my iMac can grind the raws okay.

Not going to keep 2 bodies though so I will be selling my A7m ii shortly :sony:

Morning Sony users at about 11.40 last night I had a GAS attack ;)

Looks like I ordered a used Sony A7R 2 after much soul searching I decided that I think the mk2 does everything I need and will be a fair bit less expensive than a future mk3 now hope my iMac can grind the raws okay.

Not going to keep 2 bodies though so I will be selling my A7m ii shortly :sony:
The only thing I hate about the a7r2 is the buffer rate. Not expecting 1dx2 like buffer but at least 5d3 kind of level. I can't even use it for studio portrait work. It's that slow....

The only thing I hate about the a7r2 is the buffer rate. Not expecting 1dx2 like buffer but at least 5d3 kind of level. I can't even use it for studio portrait work. It's that slow....
It's just not an issue for me for landscape and the few action shots I just don't fire stacks off in one go the 2 things I am hoping for is be able to crop in more when needed and a little more ISO range. 4K video is a small plus for me. I have really thought about a return to Canon if they had evf I may well have done just for available lens but evf is a deal beater for me.

It's just not an issue for me for landscape and the few action shots I just don't fire stacks off in one go the 2 things I am hoping for is be able to crop in more when needed and a little more ISO range. 4K video is a small plus for me. I have really thought about a return to Canon if they had evf I may well have done just for available lens but evf is a deal beater for me.
The A7RII's 42.2mp sensor gives you epic cropping abilities ;)

don't forget you can use canon glass on the a7r2. I'm thinking of getting a 17-40 f4

the 135 would be AMAZING
i just fear it would be about £1500

Don't fear it..... just give in to GAS....

You could get the Batis 18mm next and then followed by the 135mm......
Mind you, your Sony A7RII will be dying to get some G Master glass on the front of it ;) :D lol
G Master.....

16-35mm f2.8 GM
24-70mm f2.8 GM
70-200mm f2.8 GM

What more do you need? :D lol

I tell you what. The ibis saved me loads in Budapest and it was amazing. No tripod. Can't wait to share the results with you lot.

Mind you, your Sony A7RII will be dying to get some G Master glass on the front of it ;) :D lol
G Master.....

16-35mm f2.8 GM
24-70mm f2.8 GM
70-200mm f2.8 GM

f4 is fine for me for wide stuff so i have no real interest in the 2.8 when it comes. it also means it will be a far bit bigger.
i may go the cheaper option on the 135 and get the canon 135 f2. decent prices on used ones. would love the get the a mount zeiss 135 f1.8 but its about £1200 and then need the laea4 adapter too.

don't forget you can use canon glass on the a7r2. I'm thinking of getting a 17-40 f4
Agree looked at the metabones mk4 used from 270 17-40 used from about 350 advantage I could use other canon glass the 16-35 f4 goes for about 800 so change at best couple hundred only issue is having owned both 16-35 for my eye is sharper.

Canon 50 f1.4 or maybe f1.2 or perhaps a mk1 24-70mm say 700

One thing that is a very high priority for me is total length of lens body might sound stupid but I am having health issues with the carrying of the camera when the entire length starts pushing into my leg a big reason my 70-200 went

Weight I don't think is a massive issue draw the line at a kilo

G Master.....

16-35mm f2.8 GM
24-70mm f2.8 GM
70-200mm f2.8 GM

You have no idea how close I was on your 24-70 only issue was price last night only I could have bought new from London for £1440 and use PayPal that in turn would have given home for interest free so body won for now

f4 is fine for me for wide stuff so i have no real interest in the 2.8 when it comes. it also means it will be a far bit bigger.
i may go the cheaper option on the 135 and get the canon 135 f2. decent prices on used ones. would love the get the a mount zeiss 135 f1.8 but its about £1200 and then need the laea4 adapter too.
The adapters kill it in some ways :)

You have no idea how close I was on your 24-70 only issue was price last night only I could have bought new from London for £1440 and use PayPal that in turn would have given home for interest free so body won for now
£1440 is cheap...... that's less than what I was offered as a trade value! :eek:

£1440 is cheap...... that's less than what I was offered as a trade value! :eek:
It was only Black Friday weekend gone now

Non U.K. stock £1539 I think it is from France one used was £1400 your trade offer is really good however non Black Friday is not uk so I am sure some will pay a premium for a U.K receipt

Never wanted to spoil your sale thread hence bought the body, my favourite gm would probably be the 16-35mm however doubt I would switch

It was only Black Friday weekend gone now

Non U.K. stock £1539 I think it is from France one used was £1400 your trade offer is really good however non Black Friday is not uk so I am sure some will pay a premium for a U.K receipt

Never wanted to spoil your sale thread hence bought the body, my favourite gm would probably be the 16-35mm however doubt I would switch

The problem with the Sony G Master lenses are that they are not cheap and that most people don't have that kind of money laying about.
I do have some very firm prices in my head to make it worth me selling them privately, otherwise they are going back to the originating dealership where I bought them from.

The problem with the Sony G Master lenses are that they are not cheap and that most people don't have that kind of money laying about.
I do have some very firm prices in my head to make it worth me selling them privately, otherwise they are going back to the originating dealership where I bought them from.
Fully understand and agree fully, the money laying about is only for a limited number of people if I was you I would keep my eye on prices dropping just a little maybe the dealer would reassess the offer. Panamoz have the A7r2 at about £2264 it might herald a few minor price drops. Also for the reasons you mention the majority would dispite the loss of quality buy the f4 model purely for price reasons

I'm sure everyone hopes fellow tp members can get the best prices for the used gear :)

Sunday and Monday had very nice sunsets but I couldn't get out, today I could but the sunset wasn't anywhere near as spectacular. Such is life...

A7 with Minolta 24mm f2.8.

And a PS.

When I first went out I was paddling through mud but on the way home it'd frozen. Going to be cold tonight.

And a PPS.

I took my 24mm f2.8 and 50mm f1.2 and changed lenses 4 times while stood in the field so when I got home I checked the sensor at f22 and... clean! Well done Sony! :D Any of my Canon DSLR's would have needed a wet clean.

Last edited:
And an extra one. This time with my Minolta 50mm f1.2 at f8. Couldn't get a sunstar at any aperture though.

Hmmm. There's banding in the sky here not visible in the original.

Last edited:
Getting out and about by myself with a camera is becoming increasingly rare. I really did enjoy yesterday evening though. My legs were frozen and my fingers were so cold I could hardly work the camera but it felt good :D

One last shot. 24mm again. Flare isn't a issue, it's to be embraced and enjoyed. I'm only sad I could induce more.

Last edited:
Well i am the owner of the A7r2 now just got it sorting out bits charging batteries moving L bracket over Checked for sensor spots had a few now cleaned in truth not really looking forward to re setting my preferences but will get round to it soon.

Looks sharp LR at the moment seemed no worse the the mii but maybe when i have lots on the go may be different. Think i will need to order some 32g cards as i only get just over 300 on a 16gb card thats at compressed.

Like often when toys come things still need doing so dentist shortly yaaa ;) :sony:

Well i am the owner of the A7r2 now just got it sorting out bits charging batteries moving L bracket over Checked for sensor spots had a few now cleaned in truth not really looking forward to re setting my preferences but will get round to it soon.

Looks sharp LR at the moment seemed no worse the the mii but maybe when i have lots on the go may be different. Think i will need to order some 32g cards as i only get just over 300 on a 16gb card thats at compressed.

Like often when toys come things still need doing so dentist shortly yaaa ;) :sony:

One thing I do is change my mind how I want things set up. I never used to bother with the function menu thingy but now apart from having a button to call up the focus point the Fn is now pretty much all I use as it saves remembering what everything does especially if using more than one camera.

I'm sure you will love it. It's a landscape beast!

Back