The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Whether actually true or not it's clear that Sony has given the competition a big kick up the proverbial which had been required for a long time [Ex Canon user here] though I'm surprised (but don't follow them) that Nikon especially given they are taking Sony sensor's are reported to be struggling. That's definitely not good for competition IMHO

i think i read somewhere that nikon won't be using sony sensors going forward. I'm not sure if that was a decision sony or Nikon made.

Whether actually true or not it's clear that Sony has given the competition a big kick up the proverbial which had been required for a long time [Ex Canon user here] though I'm surprised (but don't follow them) that Nikon especially given they are taking Sony sensor's are reported to be struggling. That's definitely not good for competition IMHO
Imo Canon still top dog for pro work. Especially now when Canon bodies have more or less same DR with way better colors out of the box then Sony.

Ooo - they're out! Thought they'd be early this year - going out next weekend to check our local spots.

Ooo - they're out! Thought they'd be early this year - going out next weekend to check our local spots.

my local spot is only a 10 minute drive away. this year access has been restricted to larger paths as there is worry that they will get walked on and damaged.

Just got back from a very hot and humid Thailand and I'm happy to report that the A7 and 35mm f2.8 performed flawlessly as it did last time. I've never experienced this heat and humidity before in the hot places I've been and even my GF said it was a bit much (she's Thai) but the camera carried on working :D but we did avoid the water fighting.

I'll post some pictures another day.

Last edited:
Big Sony announcement 3-4pm GMT apparently. :D
A
ccording to rumors, Sony will finally be announcing the Pro FE body build for speed, high fps, professional sports shooters!
My guess is the body will come in at a easy £2999-3499... maybe even £3999-£4499 :eek:

Last edited:
Big Sony announcement 3-4pm GMT apparently. :D
A
ccording to rumors, Sony will finally be announcing the Pro FE body build for speed, high fps, professional sports shooters!
My guess is the body will come in at a easy £2999-3499... maybe even £3999-£4499 :eek:

I think it may even be north of your predictions.

Looking at the rumoured specs, I wonder if it's 6k?
I think Sony will be very aggressive on the pricing and may match or undercut both Nikon and Canon's prices. :D
Meanwhile I am looking forward to Fuji's Pro APS-C offering which is apparently in the works.... :)

I think Sony will be very aggressive on the pricing and may match or undercut both Nikon and Canon's prices. :D
Meanwhile I am looking forward to Fuji's Pro APS-C offering which is apparently in the works.... :)

Would that be a new mount to allow for ibis, meaning all the current lenses wouldn't be compatible?
For the fooj I mean.

Would that be a new mount to allow for ibis, meaning all the current lenses wouldn't be compatible?
For the fooj I mean.

I doubt Fuji will create a new mount and lens line-up for their Pro body. They have the GFX to consider now also for lens developments.
From what I have heard, Fuji have previously stated that IBIS is not possible.... not sure why though and/or if it is because its a limitation of their current XT body design.

I think IBIS is great for video work but OIS is works in most cases, Fuji would be best developing a OIS versions of their 16-55mm f2.8 :D

Last edited:
There's a new external dial that looks like it's controlling shooting speed and AF functions

Sony-A9-700x585.png

Last edited:
Back