The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

I've used it! I can not afford it. That's the only thing stopping me get one. Dan Cook has bought his over a few times and it's a very nice looking camera in the flesh. And it just oozes class
I had a play with it and the af is a joke on that camera!

Don't care how class it looks if half the images are out of focus!

I've used it! I can not afford it. That's the only thing stopping me get one. Dan Cook has bought his over a few times and it's a very nice looking camera in the flesh. And it just oozes class

You sound like a prime candidate for a Fuji :D

I couldn't give a flying what my camera looks like, within reason :D I managed to avoid buying into badges or class when I was into cars so I can easily avoid it with cameras :D

Would it though? I believe banding is a combination of the light source frequency, which is never constant, so you wouldn't get banding in every single shot at 20fps... it depends on a few variables including shutter speed. :)

I understand that but the percentage will still be higher than his 2%. Because it would be the exact same conditions for 1 second, there would be more repetitions of the frequency "pulse", I never said it would be every shot.

I had a play with it and the af is a joke on that camera!

Don't care how class it looks if half the images are out of focus!
Lol you need to go back I didn't have issues in my house with it
You sound like a prime candidate for a Fuji :D

I couldn't give a flying what my camera looks like, within reason :D I managed to avoid buying into badges or class when I was into cars so I can easily avoid it with cameras :D
Haha no man I had a foooj f*****g awful s***. Wouldn't go back there unless I was given one.

Right one question about the r2.
I've set the shutter speed to a minimum of 125 and even tried 60 and stuck the the iso on auto. Now it's still going below 60! For the ss

Lol you need to go back I didn't have issues in my house with it

Haha no man I had a foooj f*****g awful s***. Wouldn't go back there unless I was given one.

Right one question about the r2.
I've set the shutter speed to a minimum of 125 and even tried 60 and stuck the the iso on auto. Now it's still going below 60! For the ss
Shoot in appature mode?

I think Leica are great and fill a certain gap in the market, they are not designed to really complete with most other camera's out there.
Personally its not for me nor would I have one over a Sony A9 or even a Fuji XT-2 for that matter.... different bodies for different people :) I think the closes rival for feel and look is the Fuji X-Pro2. :)

Last edited:
na i would put leica in the sam bracket as hasselblad and id go with them as they are medium format and offer far superior IQ

Really?

I've always regarded Hasselblad as makers of quality kit. Wasn't/isn't it in their mission statement to make the best kit? Something like that. I'd set them apart from Leica who I now see as a sort of Morgan (them that make nice cars...) of the camera industry - making kit for people who are buying into the brand and feel rather than buying kit they think is actually the best to take pictures with.

Lumping Hasselblad with Leica is maybe an insult :D

Hasselblad is the daddy. i would go with them for medium format hands down.

Umm now getting ideas of selling all my canon gear for a medium format hassleblad setup for studio work!!!!

o dear!

Umm now getting ideas of selling all my canon gear for a medium format hassleblad setup for studio work!!!!

o dear!

Do you really need more than the A7RII's resolution though for studio work?
24mp is the sweet spot for me, but thinking about upgrading my MacBook Pro to be able to handle files quicker.

o dear!

Hassleblad is MF why compare it to the others? I dont think youd buy the hassleblad for weddings!

At least the Hassy looks quite compact... there's no lenses on the comparison site though.

http://camerasize.com/compact/#579.394,678,639.497,ha,b

http://camerasize.com/compact/#579.394,678,639.497,ha,t

haha sony is so small thats why its cheap!

Haha well compared to the others ;) and hey I paid £1350 just sold the lens with it for £150 so £1200 for um a7r2!! Bargain.
Sure is :eek: the best I managed was a new A7RII with extended warranty for £2000 :(
How are you getting on with it compared to what you've had before?

Do you really need more than the A7RII's resolution though for studio work?
24mp is the sweet spot for me, but thinking about upgrading my MacBook Pro to be able to handle files quicker.
what you need is a nice 5k iMac only a few weeks old, oh hang on, there is one in the ads, what a surprise lol

I'll tell you when I get some lenses lol
Oh :D hehe have you decided which your going to go for... if I had to pick only one lens it would be the Sony Zeiss 55mm f1.8, there is one for cheap on the classifieds at the moment.

Oh :D hehe have you decided which your going to go for... if I had to pick only one lens it would be the Sony Zeiss 55mm f1.8, there is one for cheap on the classifieds at the moment.

Didn't that get snapped up after 5 mins?

Back