The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Last edited:
I agree, its great value at £1999, also most places are throwing in free 3 years extended warranty if you ask, that adds even greater value especially as you can transfer ownership/warranty to the next owner (good for resale).
Do Nikon and Canon still lock down their warranty to the first original owners? :D

Can you transfer Sony warranty?

But does it have an AA?

My assumption was yes and that seems more typical for its market segment but I was waiting for the actual launch to get it confirmed. The only reason I had to assume is all these guys on video have been careful to point out they've been told rather than it does or doesn't.

It is a little weird this hasn't been confirmed either way, we're only a few days away from when people are supposed to be receiving pre-orders.

My assumption was yes and that seems more typical for its market segment but I was waiting for the actual launch to get it confirmed. The only reason I had to assume is all these guys on video have been careful to point out they've been told rather than it does or doesn't.

It is a little weird this hasn't been confirmed either way, we're only a few days away from when people are supposed to be receiving pre-orders.

People already have them in germany. My thinking is Sony would'e made a song and dance if it didn't so it does.

I doesn’t have a low-pass optical filter (AA). Check out the official Sony technical spec. Brian Smith has also confirmed this.

may be we should wait till we can get A7III RAW files and pixel peep. And my guess is we won't be able to tell if it has one or not. So does it really matter?

If a tree falls in forest and there's no one to hear it....

I doesn’t have a low-pass optical filter (AA). Check out the official Sony technical spec. Brian Smith has also confirmed this.

I'm not sure if that's good or bad news then, on the one hand if I truly wanted no AA filter there's always the A7R III (but I don't want to pay 50% more) and on the other having an AA filter means I'm less likely to run into moire (but then it's not that common for me anyway).

The smart thing to do is wait and see, we might hear about the Nikon mirrorless and the Sony bodies will get cheaper but it's bad for your body to hold in your GAS...

Why do Sony continue making new lenses with optical stabilisation? All of their latest bodies have stabilisation built in so why add more weight, complexity and cost to a lens when it’s not needed??

Why do Sony continue making new lenses with optical stabilisation? All of their latest bodies have stabilisation built in so why add more weight, complexity and cost to a lens when it’s not needed??

Ibis and os work together

- There are still current in-production Sony bodies with no IBIS
- OS+IBIS can work together to provide better stabilisation
- in many cases OS doesn't really add much bulk

And Sony marketing love it :D

Not arrive. To go and pick up after I tried a demo see if I like it. Sometime I wishes I did a online one then I could return it in 14 days

Most of the image were keepers. I compose shoot and keep

Wish they'd bloody hurry up but it makes far more sense to keep people in the dark and watch them shift to sony/Fuji etc. :rolleyes:

They're being stupid by not saying a thing especially with the a73 announcememt.

I agree, more people would hold fire if they knew what they were doing. But realistically how good is their first attempt at a FF mirrorless going to be?

I agree, more people would hold fire if they knew what they were doing. But realistically how good is their first attempt at a FF mirrorless going to be?
Going by their previous mirrorless not great ;) But on that basis Nikon's will be even worse :LOL:

TBH there's no reason that they can't bring something great out straight away. Sony have done the leg work, all they need to do is copy it then make the ergonomics and colours better and they'll have a winner (y)

Back