The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Where is the damn setting in the sony menu to set this button on the lens..

I am still charging mine, notice there isn't a separate charger in the box, dammit….
Yup they did say that in this thread too.. 2k camera and no separate charger lol..

Going to see how much a separate charger is for this a proper sony one..

Where is the damn setting in the sony menu to set this button on the lens..

The 1st annoyance, the mini (or micro) USB socket is really close to the flap so if you use it to charge it squeezes into the little stalk that holds it in place.

TBH mate I just dont know what you didn't like..

At the show there was a bloke on his BMX bike spinning around etc and wow the A7iii didn't not fail at all... There was a lass doing some spinning around but not as fast as the bloke was on the bike and again did not fail.. This what sold it me I was impress... I then went over to the other area of the sony stand to try several lens on the A7iii to make my choice of lens.. Ok GM lens are nice but for me I dont earn from photography I dont need that sort of lens so i gave those a miss.. Maybe one day but I doubt it..

I got the 24-70 F4 lens.. OK some says it not good but I ask questions about it and was assured the latest version are free from problem and I tried one there and I was very happy with it performance so that was fine for me..

85mm 1.8 I got this as I felt it the right lens for Portraits and I like it just need to find how to set that damn button on it to a Eye AF function i can only find custom button setting on the camera but not for the lens.

55mm 1.8 I know this a lovely lens but decided against it for now... keep eye open for a bargain used one.

70-200 F4 I got this again I know it a sharp lens and it ample for me...

I clearly told you why! But as long as you are happy. If you ever are!

I clearly told you why! But as long as you are happy. If you ever are!

Should of gone to the show that would of changed your mind.. The show really sold it me compare to in store

Should of gone to the show that would of changed your mind.. The show really sold it me compare to in store

Why would it have changed my mind? Please look at why I decided to stay with my D750 and then tell me why!

Why would it have changed my mind? Please look at why I decided to stay with my D750 and then tell me why!

No need your happy and i am happy

No need your happy and i am happy

In other words you didn’t read my post properly - I never said I was happy lol

Let’s face facts - are you ever happy :LOL:

Anyway, go take some really bad light action. I want too see what you get.

In other words you didn’t read my post properly - I never said I was happy lol

Let’s face facts - are you ever happy :LOL:

Anyway, go take some really bad light action. I want too see what you get.

Sorry

TBH mate I just dont know what you didn't like..

At the show there was a bloke on his BMX bike spinning around etc and wow the A7iii didn't not fail at all... There was a lass doing some spinning around but not as fast as the bloke was on the bike and again did not fail.. This what sold it me I was impress... I then went over to the other area of the sony stand to try several lens on the A7iii to make my choice of lens.. Ok GM lens are nice but for me I dont earn from photography I dont need that sort of lens so i gave those a miss.. Maybe one day but I doubt it..

I got the 24-70 F4 lens.. OK some says it not good but I ask questions about it and was assured the latest version are free from problem and I tried one there and I was very happy with it performance so that was fine for me..

85mm 1.8 I got this as I felt it the right lens for Portraits and I like it just need to find how to set that damn button on it to a Eye AF function i can only find custom button setting on the camera but not for the lens.

55mm 1.8 I know this a lovely lens but decided against it for now... keep eye open for a bargain used one.

70-200 F4 I got this again I know it a sharp lens and it ample for me...

We’re they discounted or full price?

I think they should do an A7iii + 24-105 combo for £3k.... would fly out

That’s what their job is, to sell cameras and like many of the Sony press launches most of the staged photo shoots aren’t that taxing on the bodies.

Last edited:
That’s what their job is, to sell cameras and like many of the Sony press launches most of the staged photo shoots aren’t that taxing on the bodies.
Try testing the A7 III back to back with your D500, this should highly it’s strengths and weaknesses. :)

My takeaway from the show is i want the new Sigma 105/1.4.

That thing is a beast !!! RIDICULOUS!

I would need an A9 anyway! I’m waiting for low light action shots. Maybe when @snerkler gets one he can take some

If you want the best Sony body for low light action shots, the Sony A9 is it. ;)
But it comes at a hefty price tag.

Last edited:

Yep same as the launch. It’s what they all do but fair play they got sales so all good! I’m looking forward too some user photos though!

So im back from the photo show.

Was great meeting up @Raymond Lin .

The layout of it was the same as last year so i wasnt that bothered with many of the stuff on display.

Here are a few things that caught my eye:

• Sigma adapter with 85,135 and 100-600 lenses seem to work like native in terms of af accuracy and speed on my A9
  • Sigma 105mm is HUGE. no THANKS!
  • DJI Ronin S has put me off any hint of buying a gimbal. Its too big and heavy!!!
  • Fiji xh-1 is decent. Good af and build quality of the Body
Overal i did not bother trying any sony gear as i have tried all the GM lenses previously and i know they all perform exceptional for obvious reasons.

I was disappointed that they did not have any of the sigma art e mounts there or the 400mm Sony f2.8 . Those i would have liked to try for sure.

When i went last year, someone mentioned how they should just combine both comi-con and this show together in one arena and this year they should have.

You got all these lovely toys to test but on crappy subjects while next door you have loads of lovely subjects to shoot!

Back