The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Quite a few Lens were on offer that why I did it. Was a good deal.

No I just don’t understand you! But as you said you are happy. Upload some high iso low light pics? 10,000 iso if possible.

Do you take images that high?? I
Don’t

No I just don’t understand you! But as you said you are happy. Upload some high iso low light pics? 10,000 iso if possible.

Just ignore me then.

In other words you didn’t read my post properly - I never said I was happy lol

Let’s face facts - are you ever happy [emoji38]

Anyway, go take some really bad light action. I want too see what you get.
Still not seen a single photo from anyone here showing they shoot low light action.

High ISO usable clean files are one of Sony’s strong points.
I’d guess the Sony A7 III RAW files will be almost as good as the Sony A9 files if not pushed to the limits, however the Sony A7 III has better DR. (1 stop)

That’s what their job is, to sell cameras and like many of the Sony press launches most of the staged photo shoots aren’t that taxing on the bodies.
Many create real world scenes though. I you won't see a bmx stunt man doing his thing in pitch black lol or any professional or amateur athlete performing in the dark hehe

Just before I jump for the D750 I priced up an A7iii before, just can't do it.

Based it on 2 primes, general f4 zoom and a wide angle, here are sums:

Some not directly comparable and quality there may be some differences but these are what I would get for each system.

D750 + 24-120 (£1385) +18-35mm (£385) + 50mm 1.8 (£100 ish) + 85mm (£275 ish) = £2145

A7iii (£2000) + 24-105 (£1070 amazon deal) + 16-35mm (£650 ish) + (50mm 1.8 (£150 ish) + 85mm (400 ish) = £4270

Just cannot justify it when saving for a house!
Get the best deal for your budget. Simple really!

Many create real world scenes though. I you won't see a bmx stunt man doing his thing in pitch black lol or any professional or amateur athlete performing in the dark hehe

Neither will my Sony A9, it’s currently sat in pitch black as we speak lol :D

Still not seen a single photo from anyone here showing they shoot low light action.

Well I dont shoot low light action at all so that not going to bother me.. My action shoots are when out walking with the family with kid and dogs running like bonkers..

Low light I do is indoor of people and I know this be fine with IBIS and keeping the ISO a bit lower.. For my needs this camera suits me and I am impress with the Sharpness of the images I have taken

Well if you could have seen how dark the place was in my D750 photos then you would say otherwise!

But you can’t tell anyway!

Well I dont shoot low light action at all so that not going to bother me.. My action shoots are when out walking with the family with kid and dogs running like bonkers..

Low light I do is indoor of people and I know this be fine with IBIS and keeping the ISO a bit lower.. For my needs this camera suits me and I am impress with the Sharpness of the images I have taken

Surely ibis is irrelevant for action?

Dunno. Been shooting with A7rii in Barcelona this weekend. Thinking of getting some Fuji gear. Certainly won’t get an a73 until you guys have finished beta testing it ;)

Had a play with the Fuji too today and Nope I cant bond with it..

At the show some of the Batis lens were on offer too not too sure on price I was tempted to get the 85mm 1.8 but opted for the Sony version as it was cheaper. and I believe there isn't a huge difference

Dunno. Been shooting with A7rii in Barcelona this weekend. Thinking of getting some Fuji gear. Certainly won’t get an a73 until you guys have finished beta testing it ;)

Not me, I’m sticking with my Sony A9, going to see what Sony do with the next A9 series ;)

Joking aside, I didn’t bond with the A7iii but I’m not ruling it out 100%. There was no way I was going to rush in to buying before seeing some shots and feedback. Was just too much of a risk for me to take!

Joking aside, I didn’t bond with the A7iii but I’m not ruling it out 100%. There was no way I was going to rush in to buying before seeing some shots and feedback. Was just too much of a risk for me to take!

Fair enough I didn't bond the first time I handle one which was on Thursday... But I certainly did today.. When I get some images I will post some but these today are farting about ones learning the camera etc nothing worth posting..

Quite sensible. Well worth taking a step back sometimes. Easy to get carried away.

Quite sensible. Well worth taking a step back sometimes. Easy to get carried away.

I had everything in place, trade in at the ready - bull in a china shop!

I have done the right thing and can get a better idea from this thread what the camera can do. When people start back with the pics! Fully expect that to start tomorrow! As long as I see them from people not on my block list :ROFLMAO:

I have done the right thing and can get a better idea from this thread what the camera can do. When people start back with the pics! Fully expect that to start tomorrow! As long as I see them from people not on my block list :ROFLMAO:
Referring to me is it LOL

Take everything with a handful of salt. 9 out of 10 people will be happy with a new toy..

Although I do think the a7iii will be a great camera - image quality would be a step back for me from my A7rii. So I’m kind of thinking if I’m going to gas some money it should go on glass, or on a camera system I enjoy shooting with.

Back