The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Again, as a paid photographer, I agree that making my life easier in the moment is a good thing. However, there's also a point where digital photography can become stale and boring because it's 'too easy' and that's where it just becomes another job. For me personally, that's why I spend more time shooting film but I understand we're all different. Then again, I've just sold 148 large format Chroma's via Kickstarter that will be shipping worldwide so maybe I'm not the only one ;)

I agree that the eye AF makes things easier, but for tracking in an EVF you have to sort of predict movement more than and OVF probably making it a bit harder?

I would love to try an old film camera just too see how bad my results would be!!! Then again some of my favourite pics at home are from in my youth when it was with one of these!

fqw50zo0axbmhyk6gicb.jpg

I agree that the eye AF makes things easier, but for tracking in an EVF you have to sort of predict movement more than and OVF probably making it a bit harder?

I would love to try an old film camera just too see how bad my results would be!!! Then again some of my favourite pics at home are from in my youth when it was with one of these!

I like simple cameras, I like fixed focus cameras you just compose with and take a picture. I've been using my A7 like that a bit recently, just set the focus and point and shoot :D

Lol not really banned but butchered for saying how lacklust the m series cameras are

just read the thread and there some rather silly comments.... like that guy saying sony dropped APS-C while in fact Sony have more APS-C lenses than EF-S and EF-M put together

but decided to leave it since posting there will only waste my time :p

I've been banned from posting in that thread
You should be banned from all threads :p

Na because canon are the best and you can't highlight and comment it's flaws.

Look at here.sony gets bashed but you don't see us Sony user's with our pitch forks out .we welcome all here who post positives and negatives of the camera and lenses
Pot, kettle, black springs to mind ;)

Got the Batis 85. They come in very appealing packaging !
Yes and if its new, you should be able to register it for 3 years warranty :)
I feel the Batis line is better built than the Sony Zeiss versions.
Just a shame they didn't build them with AF hold buttons.

Yep brand new

Yep brand new

Obtain the extended warranty
Product Registration
ZEISS grants a warranty period of two years from the date of purchase for all its photographic lenses. This may be extended to three years after registering with ZEISS Online Registration. Although the ZEISS extended warranty is already available in numerous countries, claims under warranty may only be made in the country in which the product was purchased.
https://www.zeiss.co.uk/camera-lens...ation/photo-lenses/europe/united-kingdom.html

I don't think any 3rd party lenses have this, I wonder why :thinking:

find the focus hold button to be in a useless position when held in portrait orientation. should have a 2nd one on the other side of the lens

The Zeiss Batis 85mm f1.8 was very quick to AF compared to the Sony 85mm f1.4 G Master.
I did like the Batis lenses... I had the 85mm and 25mm lenses! :)

What is this AF of which you all speak?

Maybe I can get it on my 35mm's with a firmware update?

Whilst the A9 is clearly the flagship, there's no denying that, the fact that a photographer using them side by side is seeing better performance from the A7iii in some areas is important. Paper specs don't always tell the full story.

I hate to nitpick but I don't agree with the use of the term flagship, the A9, A7R III and A7 III all cater to different needs. It shouldn't be too difficult for someone to figure out if they'd be better off with an A7R over the A9 or vice versa and not simply a question of buy the most expensive because it's the best.

If the A9 is worse than the A7 III at eye af I'd be willing to bet that's something they could correct with firmware, it doesn't sound like the hardware is holding it back.

I hate to nitpick but I don't agree with the use of the term flagship, the A9, A7R III and A7 III all cater to different needs. It shouldn't be too difficult for someone to figure out if they'd be better off with an A7R over the A9 or vice versa and not simply a question of buy the most expensive because it's the best.

If the A9 is worse than the A7 III at eye af I'd be willing to bet that's something they could correct with firmware, it doesn't sound like the hardware is holding it back.

"Flagship" is just he term usually used for the highest spec/price camera in a line up. A 1DX might not be as good at fitting in your pocket as an EOS-M but it's still the 'flagship' from Canon.

Back