The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Yes 5d4 has terrific good dr.a9 is the same.im satisfied. can't tell Dr between A9 and R3!
FTFY :p

I don't think I need to A9 speed TBH! 10fps would probably be my sweet spot so the A7R3 or A73 will be the go to choices!
You keep forgetting that the A7iii and A7Riii don't really have 10fps as you can't shoot at that speed and still see what you're looking at. It's best to think of these cameras as 8fps (y)

Hmm something gone wrong somewhere with LR or Flickr I cant upload anymore via LR argh..

JJ for what it worth I really think you need to try and borrow a A7iii I honestly think you be please and impress with it..

I forgot one factor why my photos came out so much sharper yesterday, the IBIS. I literally don’t shoot any different but images just comes out sharper. Before I would say you can just shoot at an high enough shutter speed to eliminate shake but IBIS just makes it sharper, it’s hard to go back now...I want it in everything. It’s like “I can shoot MF, I don’t need AF” but once you tried AF, it’s hard to go back.

The images are so sharp I had to double check I haven’t turn on in camera sharpening to the max, if this camera has AA filter then I couldn’t tell. I’d be glad that it has because then I can clean the sensor in the safety of knowing I am not actually cleaning the sensor itself but a piece of glass.

I had a similar experience but for different reasons, sharper photos with a A73 + Tamron 90mm than a D810 + Sigma 105mm which isn't what I expecting at all.

You keep forgetting that the A7iii and A7Riii don't really have 10fps as you can't shoot at that speed and still see what you're looking at. It's best to think of these cameras as 8fps (y)

Strange one that! I wonder how it looks at 10fps tracking and what you actually see!

Strange one that! I wonder how it looks at 10fps tracking and what you actually see!

I have tried the Tracking and the Hi shutter and honestly i dont see a problem and since your doing it on Horse which are large you shouldn't have a problem. Even on your D750 you get a black out as the mirror flip

@snerkler you complain about issues with all the Sony cameras (based on hearsay and research), that they have not greatly improved on the D750 (95% vs 99%), you say that you prefer OVF and besides all that you cannot afford to make the move.

So what exactly is the appeal for you?

Hmm something gone wrong somewhere with LR or Flickr I cant upload anymore via LR argh..

JJ for what it worth I really think you need to try and borrow a A7iii I honestly think you be please and impress with it..
Andrew try sending to Photos then from there to flikr,thats what i find works ok

I have tried the Tracking and the Hi shutter and honestly i dont see a problem and since your doing it on Horse which are large you shouldn't have a problem. Even on your D750 you get a black out as the mirror flip

Stick your phone camera at the EVF and record some footage!

Andrew try sending to Photos then from there to flikr,thats what i find works ok

Never had a problem from LR why has it all the sudden started to not work.. I prefer to do it all in one software as in LR it tells me what is on Flickr etc

That 10fps looks perfectly fine for the sort of work I do, would have no problem with that at all!

Right Looks like Flickr upload from LR is Fecked.. So how are people doing it on here please

Nah they are still 10fps... I've shot with slideshow effect in the past it's not ideal but it's also not impossible... Kinda like with OVF it's not impossible to shoot with OVF but it's not Ideal :p

I thought you didn't get live view at 10fps?

@snerkler you complain about issues with all the Sony cameras (based on hearsay and research), that they have not greatly improved on the D750 (95% vs 99%), you say that you prefer OVF and besides all that you cannot afford to make the move.

So what exactly is the appeal for you?
Lol, I think you take my comments out of context :p

what problem is there supposed to be?

Oh, is it based on Toby's assumptions again - like the 1DX can't do high FPS sport because of the mirror blackout..
I've not got time to view the video, what assumption's that?

Nah they are still 10fps... I've shot with slideshow effect in the past it's not ideal but it's also not impossible... Kinda like with OVF it's not impossible to shoot with OVF but it's not Ideal :p
What's slideshow effect?

I thought you didn't get live view at 10fps?

Lol, I think you take my comments out of context [emoji14]

I've not got time to view the video, what assumption's that?
Your getting roasted here mate lol even twist has seen the light.

Just admit the MK3 bodies and the A9 does things better than your d750 and either jump on board or don't and just admire and chill here like Tom.

Not everyone has the budget for this system and nothing wrong with that but please stop bashing it when user's here have pointed out they are none existing issue's.

It's a great setup.so is Nikon and canon. just use your current gear and enjoy

:LOL::LOL:

Just admit the MK3 bodies and the A9 does things better than your d750 and either jump on board or don't and just admire and chill here like Tom.

Not everyone has the budget for this system and nothing wrong with that but please stop bashing it when user's here have pointed out they are none existing issue's.

Yes there are enough people bashing Canon on the M thread without you starting here:giggle::ROFLMAO:

Let's have a photo of the camera… :p

TUSnxPM.jpg

Well looks like Flickr borked as I cant even do it vie their own uploader on their website LOL

I think you have also taken my comments out of context as well tbh. I think you will find over the past few pages how much I'm impressed with the new Sony's and if I could afford them I would swap. None of my comments have been bashing, just trying to understand and get the facts straight about what they can and can't do. Finding it odd that DR and mechanical shutter are not as good as the A7iii is not me bashing the A9, just a comment that I find it odd. However, it has since been explained why DR is lower and that's fine. The only comment I made that could have been construed as bashing was the bit about the van, but that was tongue in cheek banter like the rest of the posts. My comment to JJ about the frame rate being more like 8fps rather than 10fps was purely for him as he is concerned about the lag. But even 8fps is plenty, and of course better than the D750 (y)

basically what happens when you shoot @10fps on A7(R)iii you don't see live view but the previous shot
So you are seeing it a split second behind real time?

basically what happens when you shoot @10fps on A7(R)iii you don't see live view but the previous shot

So basically you need to predict the action or start your burst earlier!

Back