The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Have you dropped down menu in photos and send to flikr.do you have account set up from photos to flikr,its working fine here

I dont use Apple Photo hate it...

So it not working from LR
and
Not working from Flickr website uploader either.. Might try it again using there old uploader

Interesting video that. Definitely more ‘black out’ than the D750 but also better than expected. I guess the A7R3 would share the same ‘look’ so to speak.
A7RIII looks like this at 10 fps but you are viewing last pic taken so about 1/10 sec behind real time. At 8 fps there is some blackout but the view is real time.

So you are seeing it a split second behind real time?

basically yes, you kinda learn to deal with it over time. certainly not ideal and I'd simply shoot at 8fps to avoid it but its not impossible either

So basically you need to predict the action or start your burst earlier!

No you don't need to predict any sooner or later for bursting since the effect doesn't start till after you start bursting at which point you are already in the action sequence. It does take a certain amount of time to get used to predicting the movement based on the slideshow effect but its not impossible or ideal.

basically yes, you kinda learn to deal with it over time. certainly not ideal and I'd simply shoot at 8fps to avoid it but its not impossible either

No you don't need to predict any sooner or later for bursting since the effect doesn't start till after you start bursting at which point you are already in the action sequence. It does take a certain amount of time to get used to predicting the movement based on the slideshow effect but its not impossible or ideal.

So at 8fps all is resolved? I can work with that! Just shifting bits and pieces. So many people watching stuff on eBay. No b*****d clicking buy!!!

So at 8fps all is resolved? I can work with that! Just shifting bits and pieces. So many people watching stuff on eBay. No b*****d clicking buy!!!

according what I've read so far yes at 8fps you get full liveview with the standard shutter blackout like in any camera.

Interesting video that. Definitely more ‘black out’ than the D750 but also better than expected. I guess the A7R3 would share the same ‘look’ so to speak.

Well there would be, it's shooting at 10fps vs 6.5.

I think you have also taken my comments out of context as well tbh. I think you will find over the past few pages how much I'm impressed with the new Sony's and if I could afford them I would swap. None of my comments have been bashing, just trying to understand and get the facts straight about what they can and can't do. Finding it odd that DR and mechanical shutter are not as good as the A7iii is not me bashing the A9, just a comment that I find it odd. However, it has since been explained why DR is lower and that's fine. The only comment I made that could have been construed as bashing was the bit about the van, but that was tongue in cheek banter like the rest of the posts. My comment to JJ about the frame rate being more like 8fps rather than 10fps was purely for him as he is concerned about the lag. But even 8fps is plenty, and of course better than the D750 (y)
ahh ok my bad homie!

carry on! :) Definitely found it weird as yes previously u was a nice bloke

So to Recap... Who is getting a A7iii and waiting for delivery like to see who joining the club

A7RIII looks like this at 10 fps but you are viewing last pic taken so about 1/10 sec behind real time. At 8 fps there is some blackout but the view is real time.

TBH it looks better at 10fps, virtually no black out. I'd be interested to see what it's like panning being that split second behind, but on the face of it it looks like it 'could' be easier to track in the VF rather than having the blackout (y)

Why would the A7R3 be worse?? You not watched all the above videos?!

Cos I tried one along side the A7iii at the show and the A7iii did a better job at tracking and taking images

Next you will be telling me the A73 is quicker than the A9!

Cos I tried one along side the A7iii at the show and the A7iii did a better job at tracking and taking images

how reliable is your 10 minute trial at the show with a camera system you have never used before? :p

how reliable is your 10 minute trial at the show with a camera system you have never used before? :p

1 hour with both camera with me walking around the show if you must know....

Here me pick..

If I was heavily into Landscape I get a A7Riii

But as I like to do a mixture the A7iii suite better

Back