The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Had a good play with the Sony A7 III today, it’s seriously impressive for the price. :)

Thoughts so far?

Menus are complex. Honestly not sure how I want this set up yet. I’ve always back button focused - with face/eye af, will that change? Secondly, the 35 1.4 is wayyyy heavier than the Zeiss 2.8. Didn’t realise it would be quite so big!

Won’t get a proper spin until I take it out tomorrow.

My Leather grip arrived today.

Aluminium base with a built in Arca Swiss compatible plate. Enough space for my fingers to go between the lens, even a 50/1.4, battery door opens, enough height for my pinky. Tile screen opens easily. The only downside is access to the micro USB and USB-C flap is a little restricted. I can get to the USB-C but not the micro USB. Not a problem as I can still charge via USB-C anyway. Not a design flaw as it was designed for the A9, not A7III, it just happens to fit.

Job done, pinky problem solved.

CSyBbRR.jpg

UX8Al78.jpg

orXROoe.jpg

UNEyZIO.jpg

P3CUCyN.jpg

vtKsWm9.jpg
What case is that?

Woah, did you pre-order you sneak? Actually they must love you.

They must love me to pre-order a Sony A7 III on the chance I might take it. To be fair they’ve known I’ve been wanting a second body since I sold off my 2x Sony A7R II’s but 2x Sony A9’s was out of the question.

Honestly for the money it’s a great package and I think the competition might find it hard to compete at the price point.

I’m still holding on my Sony A9 for now. :)

They must love me to pre-order a Sony A7 III on the chance I might take it. To be fair they’ve known I’ve been wanting a second body since I sold off my 2x Sony A7R II’s but 2x Sony A9’s was out of the question.

Honestly for the money it’s a great package and I think the competition might find it hard to compete at the price point.

I’m still holding on my Sony A9 for now. :)

Mate they knew for a fact you would buy it lol.

I think the competition will struggle at the pricepoint. Sony's bagging as many users before canikon release their mirrorless, canon will get marketshare for theirs wether it's good or not.

Last edited:
We had

Hand bags
Cars
Speakers

Now what watch people have

Have u tried the a7r3?

No as the high resolution files don’t appeal to me, 24mp is the sweet spot at the moment as I don’t print.
I can see the appeal of 42mp though having owned 2x A7R II’s in the past. :)

No as the high resolution files don’t appeal to me, 24mp is the sweet spot at the moment as I don’t print.
I can see the appeal of 42mp though having owned 2x A7R II’s in the past. :)
Good for crop and for me, My systems can handle the workflow.

Anyways enjoy your new purchase. Although you probably could have just bought twists a7mk3 once he puts it for sale tomorrow for a bit cheaper and get it in time for the weekend

Good for crop and for me, My systems can handle the workflow.

Anyways enjoy your new purchase. Although you probably could have just bought twists a7mk3 once he puts it for sale tomorrow for a bit cheaper and get it in time for the weekend

Why would I sell for less when I could make a huge profit, these things are like gold dust... what a turnip!

Note.... It's not for sale.

Last edited:
Dunno about that, according to diamonddec we don’t even discuss Sony cameras in this thread? Cars and speakers m8, get with the times eh? :D

Sounds like my sort of thread :D

My hifi is old, Linn Sondek LP12, Arcam Amp and CD player and Tannoy speakers. Upstairs I have a Garrard turntable, Creek 4040 amp and Monitor Audio speakers and a Sony CD recorder. The spare room is fill of LP's, dunno how many I have, 7" singles and I don't know how many CD's too :D

Sounds like my sort of thread [emoji1]

My hifi is old, Linn Sondek LP12, Arcam Amp and CD player and Tannoy speakers. Upstairs I have a Garrard turntable, Creek 4040 amp and Monitor Audio speakers and a Sony CD recorder. The spare room is fill of LP's, dunno how many I have, 7" singles and I don't know how many CD's too [emoji1]

A LP12? A proper.. LP12?! That would have cost as much as your Miata, surely? [emoji23]

Edit: Actually, naw - I was thinking of the Kilmax. Haha

Last edited:
A LP12? A proper.. LP12?! That would have cost as much as your Miata, surely? [emoji23]

I got it when I was 20/21 something like that. I'm 56 now :D so it's paid for itself. I wonder if they still make them. I've had the Garrard longer.

Back