The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

I got it when I was 20/21 something like that. I'm 56 now :D so it's paid for itself. I wonder if they still make them. I've had the Garrard longer.

Depends - which one did you get? The Kilmax is like £19k, Majik £2.3k.. normal LP12 is only like £1.5k. Still make em, yep!

Depends - which one did you get? The Kilmax is like £19k, Majik £2.3k.. normal LP12 is only like £1.5k. Still make em, yep!
It's just the normal LP12 as I suppose that's all they made back then. I've forgotten how much it cost and I can't remember what the arm is, I know the cartridge is an Audio Technica but which I've forgotten. I did have trouble finding a MC replacement when the cartridge needed replacing so I had to go for a MM but the sound quality didn't seem to be affected.

My LP12 is slightly modified with a Logic power supply which enables switching between 33 and 45 electronically rather than fitting the mechanical adapter. Actually none of it worked reliably when I got it so I had to strip it all down and redo quite a few dry joints but it's been up and working for well over thirty years.

We had

Hand bags
Cars
Speakers

Now what watch people have

I used to collect watches :D

I like mechanical watches, I don't like the massive watches that seem fashionable today, I like simple and this Oris is one of my favourites...

_1030135.jpg

I have a stainless steel automatic Everite which my parents bought me when I was a teenager and it's just gorgeous :D

This one is I think in the region of 100 years old...

_1030140.jpg

_1030143c2.jpg

It keeps good time :D

I like mechanical watches, I don't like the massive watches that seem fashionable today, I like simple and this Oris is one of my favourites...

View attachment 124598

I have a stainless steel automatic Everite which my parents bought me when I was a teenager and it's just gorgeous :D

View attachment 124601

View attachment 124602

wzJNY12.jpg

uCBAzAR.jpg

XjV8dHo.jpg

Good thing I never really look into it because knowing me I'll end up with a Panerai.

Yes it's slowly getting more reasonable :p

If you really want one mpb are selling excellent condition ones for £249 and good condition ones for £209 :D

I always look but MFT makes more sense for me as I prefer having the two control wheels up top (rather than the A6k and using one up top and the one on the back around the pads) and I have seven MFT lenses.

The A6k looks to be a bargain buy though and would make a lot of sense for anyone with an A7 as, obviously, you can share lenses between the two.

Same here... back in 1970! :confused: Went to Shanklin Chine and bought some different coloured sand in a test-tube from Sandown IIRC... all recorded on my Sony A1III ... (phew!) :D
I got some coloured sand in a test tube from there too :ROFLMAO: In fact, we actually got to fill the test tube with the sand to make our very own patterns :woot::LOL:

View attachment 124598

View attachment 124601

View attachment 124602

Saw a bloke wearing 5 wrist watches on each hand the other day,thought there’s a guy with time on his hands :p

I always look but MFT makes more sense for me as I prefer having the two control wheels up top (rather than the A6k and using one up top and the one on the back around the pads) and I have seven MFT lenses.

The A6k looks to be a bargain buy though and would make a lot of sense for anyone with an A7 as, obviously, you can share lenses between the two.
:popcorn::beer::jaffa::whistle:

Back