The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Last edited:
I've just cancelled my Tamron 28-75 order at WEX. Should bump somebody else up the queue at least.

Arrived this morning. Tested for about an hour there. This is the way I wanted this lens to be when I bought it for Canon and Nikon DSLR. Insanely accurate and sharp. Over the moon

Attachments

• IMG_20180529_115557_064.jpg
    IMG_20180529_115557_064.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 34
Any stress tests of the AF of the FE Arts yet? Particularly low light where I've felt the MC-11 + Arts have struggled a bit.

Arrived this morning. Tested for about an hour there. This is the way I wanted this lens to be when I bought it for Canon and Nikon DSLR. Insanely accurate and sharp. Over the moon
No focus issues? does it hunt in low light? how is the af in video mode and is it audible?

The CAF isnt as fast as the FE 85 1.8 but that thing is super fast, the AF motor is audible up close, external mic will help, in comparison to the adapted versions its much quieter, it doesn't do that stepping grinding rattle thing in CAF, just nice and smooth sweeps.

And for low light does it focus well?
The CAF isnt as fast as the FE 85 1.8 but that thing is super fast, the AF motor is audible up close, external mic will help, in comparison to the adapted versions its much quieter, it doesn't do that stepping grinding rattle thing in CAF, just nice and smooth sweeps.

Last edited:
Spot AF is more accurate than eye AF in a simple test of subject walking towards me.... 33 shots, 23 in focus, with another 3 usable as only slightly out. 4m to MFD walk.

indoors exif was 1/500 iso 1600 f1.4. So fairly tricky, not once did it rack and lose focus entirely or the set wouldve been throw away

Back