The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Advice/experiences on a shoulder type strap please. Up till now I've been using a Black Rapid with my A7Riii and 100-400GM attached to an Arca Swiss plate on the lens foot but I'm looking for an alternative.
Ideally I'd like to leave all or part of my Arca plate available for mounting quickly onto a monopod or tripod while in the field, the Black Rapid, while being an excellent strap takes that option away. I'm looking for a strap that I can anchor one end to the plate and the other to the camera body strap lug.

Advice/experiences on a shoulder type strap please. Up till now I've been using a Black Rapid with my A7Riii and 100-400GM attached to an Arca Swiss plate on the lens foot but I'm looking for an alternative.
Ideally I'd like to leave all or part of my Arca plate available for mounting quickly onto a monopod or tripod while in the field, the Black Rapid, while being an excellent strap takes that option away. I'm looking for a strap that I can anchor one end to the plate and the other to the camera body strap lug.

Peak Design Slide

Did you guys notice that the Godox XproS latest FW now has AF grid assist enabled ;)

Last edited:
So action shots - what settings are people using? Apart from being in CAF what other settings - Spot, flexible spot etc?

So AFC with flexi spot for equestrian? This will take some practice lol

One thing I noticed today with my camera using live view and flex spot is that the box is black and I couldn't see it for s*** when I was moving it around trying to focus on things. Can we change the colour of it? [emoji16]

One thing I noticed today with my camera using live view and flex spot is that the box is black and I couldn't see it for s*** when I was moving it around trying to focus on things. Can we change the colour of it? [emoji16]

Nooooo

Yup, it sucks

Ive not found a camera yet where you can change the colour of the focus points,does anyone know if there is one.it would be most useful as sometimes on some cameras you cant see the dam focus points

Ive not found a camera yet where you can change the colour of the focus points,does anyone know if there is one.it would be most useful as sometimes on some cameras you cant see the dam focus points

Sony is grey when moving point... Could've made it green like acquisition but nooooooo.... Grey is the best. They could easily fix it in fw.

You mean like canikons new offerings, can't beat them single slots, 5fps, lack of eye af, poor buffer, poor af and small batteries. Try fix them with fw ;)

Lol, well said. :D
It seems that Sony’s head start in the full-frame mirrorless segment is safe for now.... I wonder if Nikon & Canon’s next mirrorless offerings can cause Sony some grief :)

I was waiting for both Nikon and canon offerings before going Sony. Neither suit my needs.

But 100% there will be Canon fanboys who were slagging off the Z now start defending the Canon for its 1 card slot and low FPS.

Lol, well said. :D
It seems that Sony’s head start in the full-frame mirrorless segment is safe for now.... I wonder if Nikon & Canon’s next mirrorless offerings can cause Sony some grief :)

I may be wrong but I think the half baked offerings from Canikon are going to hit Sony sales hard. Of course they may only sell to the Canikon faithful who would never buy anything else and Sony sales may stay the same. Place your bets now.

Does or has anyone had any issues with their Sony cameras? Reason I ask is because I was participating in a conversation about it on a Facebook group. People were saying that it seems lots of Sony users have issues with things going wrong on their camera's. I must admit, I have seen post from people with issues. I'm just curios really.

Back