The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

So my A9 arrived from park cameras. The packaging was really underwhelming for a camera that cost over 4k. Really shoddy and didn't look well protected at all.

They also forgot to include the video monopod.

The camera flags as a recall on Sonys website (hot shoe issue). Havent even opened it out of the box, contacted them and they said all their ones they had in store flag as recalls too.

So my A9 arrived from park cameras. The packaging was really underwhelming for a camera that cost over 4k. Really shoddy and didn't look well protected at all.

They also forgot to include the video monopod.

The camera flags as a recall on Sonys website (hot shoe issue). Havent even opened it out of the box, contacted them and they said all their ones they had in store flag as recalls too.

thats annoying to spend so much and then feel disappointed.
so park are sending out gear that they are aware is part of the recall batch?

thats annoying to spend so much and then feel disappointed.
so park are sending out gear that they are aware is part of the recall batch?
Yep.

He is compensating me (not sure in what way yet) they're allowing me to use the one they have already sent and sending me a new non recall one from Sony on Tuesday next week

GRRRR. park cameras cant deal with the recall for me and the apparent sony repair centre in walthamstow dont do camera's!

wondering how many supposed listed from their list of ditrubution are actually able to fix the hot shoe?

i think Fixation can but its tricky to get to

GRRRR. park cameras cant deal with the recall for me and the apparent sony repair centre in walthamstow dont do camera's!

wondering how many supposed listed from their list of ditrubution are actually able to fix the hot shoe?

Where's that pro support gone?

That’s a bit rubbish, surely they can take it off you and send it to Sony directly.
That’s what’s happening with mine when I get a spare moment to drop it off. :)

Holy S**T

The A9 is absolutely unbelievable. Jawdropping. Now I know why Ryan Brenzier said this was the biggest jump since going digital.

Utterly amazing

Can any A9 owners that also own the A7r3 confirm if the AF is as good ? If so I'll be swapping my A7r2 out to one asap

Can any A9 owners that also own the A7r3 confirm if the AF is as good ? If so I'll be swapping my A7r2 out to one asap

I’m sure there’s been articles suggesting that the A7riii AF while excellent isn’t quite up to the same level as the A9

It really depends on what you're shooting.

So far, I've not been able to get much from shooting trackside with the A7R3 compared to the A9, where keepers are very high percentage. It's not as fast tracking objects moving towards you at speed, but in the pit and paddock it's perfect. Shooting with GM lenses and 35mm 1.4 Zeiss.

Holy S**T

The A9 is absolutely unbelievable. Jawdropping. Now I know why Ryan Brenzier said this was the biggest jump since going digital.

Utterly amazing
Not only is it fast at AF/AF tracking, the silent shutter with zero blackout is a game changer too in my opinion.

That’s a bit rubbish, surely they can take it off you and send it to Sony directly.
That’s what’s happening with mine when I get a spare moment to drop it off. :)
Yea that was what i was hoping for! useless

Where's that pro support gone?
Im not a pro member. need to have a limited company setup for photography purpose!

Link to Sony UK page on the A9 recall - includes a list of authorised service centres near the bottom.

http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/146410

yea but how many actually handle sony camera's? i called the one in walthamstow and they dont service camera devices

..yea but how many actually handle sony camera's? i called the one in walthamstow and they dont service camera devices

Well that's a bit rubbish!

You'd think on a page for a specific camera issue, when they gave a link for service centres it would be relevant.

Lol I will when I get a chance. I genuinely love it. The autofocus is just amazing.

I used it briefly and it was extremely impressive.
Still, at it’s price point I think it’s still in a bit of a niche market and the a7riii which has far superior image quality and decent enough focus is a really good option.

I used it briefly and it was extremely impressive.
Still, at it’s price point I think it’s still in a bit of a niche market and the a7riii which has far superior image quality and decent enough focus is a really good option.
The a7r3 doesn't have a far superior iq. The a9 is better in low light and the dynamic range is jus as good in real world taking a sunset image trying to get everything exposed in post

The a7r3 main advantage is cropping and studio work with fast 10fps mechanical shooting

Last edited:
The a7r3 doesn't have a far superior iq. The a9 is better in low light and the dynamic range is jus as good in real world taking a sunset image trying to get everything exposed in post

The a7r3 main advantage is cropping and studio work with fast 10fps mechanical shooting

A7r3 sensor is superior in every measurement. Maybe you just think its noisier because youre not downsampling to the same MP.

Back