The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

What a laugh in here at the moment. f*** that I’ll keep the d500 now lol

I’m just p***ed some bright spark thought it would be a good idea to have international women’s day and mother’s day in the same week. #greedy
I'd like to know when international Men day is? Equality and all that (y)

Minor annoyances...

The cards.. slot 1 is the bottom, slot 2 is the top
The card bay requires a switch to open
The battery bay requires a switch to open AND close

Both insertion of the battery and cards feel unnatural in their difficulty :)

(on the SL you slide the card cover and it opens, and you press a lever and the battery ejects like a magazine from a gun)

I wanted to turn off the "AF Assist Lamp"

Ok so I went to the "Focus Assist Menu" pages 11/13 and 12/13 - no options...
I had to go to menu 4/13 for "AF1" and it was called "AF Illuminator" - I wasn't even convinced this was the right setting at first, I thought it might just enable illumination of the AF points....

Really minor.. but hey :D

What a laugh in here at the moment. f*** that I’ll keep the d500 now lol

Is there some kind of plan to troll this forum by people that really are happy with their Nikon/Olympus gear and can't find anything better to do than whinge in here?

I took a look at Snerkier's website and his/her landscapes and portraits were great (IMO except the last 3 portraits just not my cup of tea)
Really if you can do so well with your present gear as you obviously can what do you gain whinging in here except wasting your time when you could be out with the gear you have?

Is there some kind of plan to troll this forum by people that really are happy with their Nikon/Olympus gear and can't find anything better to do than whinge in here?

I took a look at Snerkier's website and his/her landscapes and portraits were great (IMO except the last 3 portraits just not my cup of tea)
Really if you can do so well with your present gear as you obviously can what do you gain whinging in here except wasting your time when you could be out with the gear you have?
Thanks for the compliment. I think we all know how good the A7/A9 are, most of us just like winding Jonney up ;)

Who’s actually trolling? And I don’t think anyone has said anything out of term?!

We are all potential A7iii buyers if you read way back before the wind up started.

And @rookies is just being rookies!! He will buy it, sell it, go back to it, but it again.

It’s like he is laundering camera gear!

Last edited:
Minor annoyances...

The cards.. slot 1 is the bottom, slot 2 is the top
The card bay requires a switch to open
The battery bay requires a switch to open AND close

Both insertion of the battery and cards feel unnatural in their difficulty :)

(on the SL you slide the card cover and it opens, and you press a lever and the battery ejects like a magazine from a gun)

I wanted to turn off the "AF Assist Lamp"

Ok so I went to the "Focus Assist Menu" pages 11/13 and 12/13 - no options...
I had to go to menu 4/13 for "AF1" and it was called "AF Illuminator" - I wasn't even convinced this was the right setting at first, I thought it might just enable illumination of the AF points....

Really minor.. but hey :D

You’ll get used to the Sony oddities and quirks, once you’ve setup your custom buttons, Fn and Fav menu life gets much simpler.
I still think Nikon & Fuji GUI’s are better looking and arranged but it’s not end of the world.

Its called having a bit of fun ,it involves all of us,your welcome to join in if you wish.most of what your reffering to is just tongue in cheek.we are all friends here.

Back