The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

A7R3, 70-200 2.8 and something cheap like the 35mm 2.8 Samyang

What baffled me you were saying you wasn't happy with the A7iii AF when you went to try it am i right.. And now you looking at the A7riii which is not as quick as the A7iii

10 MP is fine for me it not that I am going to print them out but it handy have that feature I suppose.

I wouldn't buy the A7Riii just for that as it not something I would use enough
A7riii is still 18mp in DX mode which allows for further cropping in post (y)

Wouldn't shooting in this crop mode make it a clearer sharper image rather than cropping in post
No, it's the same (y). The only difference is that the camera may meter the scene differently.

Wouldn't shooting in this crop mode make it a clearer sharper image rather than cropping in post

It's exactly the same as cropping in post, except the camera is cropping from the centre of the frame instead of you. Whilst it gives you a cropped view in the EVF, you'd probably be better just shooting full frame and cropping later so you can change your mind and revert back to the FF image if you choose. I'm not sure about the RAW file but I imagine the jpg crop removes the extra data in camera.

Push all the dealers for a bit off, what about Harrisons, you're a good customer of theirs!

£1399 there! :)

When I left LCE having paid £2500 for the 100-400 - the guy said to me thank you, and I felt it was in a way that was "thank you for buying it at full price, i feel relieved"

What baffled me you were saying you wasn't happy with the A7iii AF when you went to try it am i right.. And now you looking at the A7riii which is not as quick as the A7iii

I said 'Indoor focus was not as fast as I wanted with the 70-200' but then I went on to say I was not ruling out the A7 as was only tested in a shop :D

£1399 there! :)

When I left LCE having paid £2500 for the 100-400 - the guy said to me thank you, and I felt it was in a way that was "thank you for buying it at full price, i feel relieved"

Go back to him for some discount and remind him

LOL everybody knows its coming...... :D

Yup but things are possibly moving forward a bit... the rumor site has been waiting for the camera to be registered and it looks like it has been now.

Or maybe not...

The rumor site says that the A7SIII may be coming soon...

https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/loo...sure-the-a7siii-is-coming-soon/#disqus_thread

It's almost certainly not a camera I'd be interested in and maybe people here would prefer more resolution than the A7S's have offered to date but it'll still be interesting to see what tech the new camera brings.

So is the S a video aimed model? A9 for sports, Ar for high res all round - standard A - jack of all trades?

So is the S a video aimed model? A9 for sports, Ar for high res all round - standard A - jack of all trades?

I think the A7S models have been aimed at low light shooting and have to date been less mp's.

Dunno about vid.

Pretty much yes although the A9 can be seen as a jack of all trades too.
Will Sony bring out a A9S and A9R... time will tell.

Yeah the cost of the Sony A9 is high :(

You only live once etc...

There's nothing Sony wise I want at the mo. I've just sold a manual lens and a Panny GX7 and the money will go towards a Panny GX9. The GX9 has a poor evf but almost everything else I want it there so it should keep me happy for a while :D

Not that I can get out and take any pictures at the mo.

Some nice images those last ones, I'm not the kind of person to talk about cropped bokeh balls and onion rings ;)

All this talk of new models is delaying my trip to the dark side :D

Perhaps an a9...lololol be nice with the 1DX2 and 5D4 :D I've 11mm - 1000mm coverage in Canon glass :D

Some nice images those last ones, I'm not the kind of person to talk about cropped bokeh balls and onion rings ;)

All this talk of new models is delaying my trip to the dark side :D

Perhaps an a9...lololol be nice with the 1DX2 and 5D4 :D I've 11mm - 1000mm coverage in Canon glass :D
Join that dark side my friend, many Nikon D4/5 and Canon 1DX II shooters have moved over...... :D

My next buy might need to be a pc as mine rattles when I pick it up. I think something's come off inside and is falling into the fan... considering the mess the professionals made of my Rokkor 35mm f2.8 it's put me off professionals for a while so I think I might strip the pc down myself.

I'd take a picture of my manual lenses for you but I haven't got a table big enough or lens wide enough, maybe I could fit just the 35mm's in.
Try and take some photos of them all, would be nice to share :)
You could spell a word with them all :D

Pretty much sums it up.

£1k cheaper grey :eek:

Which way round is the zoom and focus rings on the 70-200mm, is the zoom ring closest or farthest from the camera?

Closest - its actually a really nice lens in the hand. Better balanced than the VRII.

A9 - 3k Grey
A7R3 - 2.5k Grey

Makes more sense to go to Panamoz.

Last edited:
Back