The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

2 full frame cameras, 35mm and 85mm lenses and a drone all in a small messenger bag. Love the portability of the Sony cams

The Mavic Air is unbelievable, what a marvel of engineering that is

Looks awesome, been checking these out, can't think of many uses at the moment, just want.

Looks awesome, been checking these out, can't think of many uses at the moment, just want.
The video quality is incredibly good. The automated intelligent flight shots is exactly what I wanted for wedding films ! So handy

I’m going to get another drone soon. Toss up between the air and the mavic pro.
I had the exact same dilemma. The range is better on the pro with the ocusync but the video quality is much better on the air with the 100mbps video at 4k.

The pro actually looks really big in comparison.

The intelligent flight modes, better video quality and tiny form factor made the Air a better choice for me

Also after abit if digging there seemed to be alot of QA issues with the pro

I had the exact same dilemma. The range is better on the pro with the ocusync but the video quality is much better on the air with the 100mbps video at 4k.

The pro actually looks really big in comparison.

The intelligent flight modes, better video quality and tiny form factor made the Air a better choice for me

Also after abit if digging there seemed to be alot of QA issues with the pro

I had the mavic pro last summer and took it away with me. Was great to fold it up and fit it with my A7r2 and couple of primes all in a man bag.

Was there a discussion recently about the 55mm f1.8 and that it's not that sharp? I can't comment on this but looking at sample images it does render nicely (y)

Was there a discussion recently about the 55mm f1.8 and that it's not that sharp? I can't comment on this but looking at sample images it does render nicely (y)
It's razor sharp. I really like it but I suspect I'll be mainly using 35-85 lenses for weddings.

Focus is lightning fast too

its one of the sharpest lenses around, brick wall shooters wet dream :D

and like most other zeiss it renders well :)

It's razor sharp. I really like it but I suspect I'll be mainly using 35-85 lenses for weddings.

Focus is lightning fast too

Who said that? Its very sharp but Dan and I agreed its a bit lifeless.
Must've been getting mixed up again ;) I thought it renders nicely from the images I've seen.

My mates had buyers remorse at thinking of cancelling his a73 order with Wilkinson’s. Now, do I take it off his hands..

My mates had buyers remorse at thinking of cancelling his a73 order with Wilkinson’s. Now, do I take it off his hands..
Forgive my memory, which A7 do you have at the mo?

What do you guys do with all those mp's?

Print very big? Crop a lot? Or just enjoy the ability to pixel peep and the whole luxury of it? :D

All are valid, I'm just wondering...

Print very big? Crop a lot? Or just enjoy the ability to pixel peep and the whole luxury of it? :D

Pixel peep, crop a lot (so my 85mm/1.8 works like 135mm/2.8 in APS-C mode), downsize for small which pretty much removes all the noise even at high ISO while maintaining sharpness and for comparing d**k sizes :D

Pixel peeping is of course lovely but as I was saying a few pages back I find I can crop to 100% or even a bit more and have a nice full screen or A4 print. I downsize quite a few pictures too.

Maybe if I tried a high resolution body I'd be hooked.

I crop. I shoot a lot of macro, mainly insects. I also shoot a lot of small birds. For both it is great to be able to crop. The depth of field on the macro shots is increased if I can shoot from further away and crop.

Back