The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

As it seems a bit slow here.

Me, her and my A7 with Sony 35mm f2.8 and an AF lens! Cold, windy, grey, wet and miserable but I love this road at Marske. It leads straight down to the beach behind me.

s9BotW1.jpg

What was I saying about cold, wet, grey and miserable.

cxTn10k.jpg

Feeding the birds.

WFYV2vn.jpg

Signs of life and colour.

LGcvgVL.jpg

Resting with the windfarm in the background.

ed3YUlf.jpg

18,900 steps.

Last edited:
As it seems a bit slow here.

Me, her and my A7 with Sony 35mm f2.8, an AF lens! Cold, windy, grey, wet and miserable but I love this road at Marske. It leads straight down to the beach behind me.

s9BotW1.jpg

What was I saying about cold, wet, grey and miserable.

cxTn10k.jpg

Feeding the birds.

WFYV2vn.jpg

Signs of life and colour.

LGcvgVL.jpg

Resting with the windfarm in the background.

ed3YUlf.jpg

18,900 steps.

You might want to inform the folk they don't have to drive tractors.

Last 3 best for me.

Just for people who don't know...

They launch boats into the sea from the beach and of course recover them again. They use tractors to pull the boats on their trollies, or whatever they are.

8SizaVo.jpg

Last edited:
^ very atmospheric shots.
Sat outside Zizzi with the family Bank Holiday Monday and enjoyed a lovely pizza, it's a great area, our son lives in the road behind, lucky sod!
Always had good food there, surprisingly good for a chain

Right I want the Sigma 14-24 but the way that front element looks so exposed frightens me and you can't put a filter on the end, the fixed hood design doesn't float my boat either but bang for buck is excellent, am I being a pussy ?

Right I want the Sigma 14-24 but the way that front element looks so exposed frightens me and you can't put a filter on the end, the fixed hood design doesn't float my boat either but bang for buck is excellent, am I being a pussy ?

Should have taken my 16-35 zeiss

I found an old Tokina 80-200 F4.5 PK mount in my cupboard while clearing some crap out the other day.

From test shots it looks ok at 80mm & 135mm but a little soft at 200mm.

I'll have to try it properly as I have no AF zoom in this range.

To be fair, I've not really tested this one as such. Just used it a few times.

It's hazy here but we do have sun and light and shadows so there's some possibility of taking a decent picture! So out of the last three days the only time I could go out with a camera just happened to be the one with crap light. I took 59 pictures and some will be zapped off around the world by Mrs WW's but they're all flat and uninteresting and I probably wont look at any of them again.

Thanks God.

Last edited:
It's hazy here but we do have sun and light and shadows so there's some possibility of taking a decent picture! So out of the last three days the only time I could go out with a camera just happened to be the one with crap light. I took 59 pictures and some will be zapped off around the world by Mrs WW's but they're all flat and uninteresting and I probably wont look at any of them again.

Thanks God.

You really should change your name to Marvin you know.

Hi guys. I'm after a camera with the best animal and eye AF and IBIS. Those are the two most important things for me.

Can't afford the Canon R6 so have been considering the Sony A7 lll and the A6600. Can I assume the A6600 is much better than the A7lll for keeping up with moving subjects because of the real time tracking? The crop sensor also appeals to me as I can extend the reach of my 70-300mm lens.

I'm not overly keen on the small form factor but I could get used to it.
The viewfinder on the far left seems odd but maybe that helps see what's going on in front of me with my other eye.

Would you recommend the 6600? Seems to tick most boxes for me and is only £1200 used in 'like new' condition. How is the menu system and button layout compared to what I'm used to on my 5d mk2, is it easy and convenient to use? I've seen people say it's all a bit of a mess?

Last edited:
Just a simple candid street style Sonygraph taken at Kent UK of a guy siting on what I think is the top of a ventilation shaft or an old war time look out bunker just having a Relaxing Read. In the far off background you can see the French coastline.

RX10M4, 1/640th @ F5.6, ISO-100, Handheld.
Relaxing Read-03461 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):sony:

George.

You really should change your name to Marvin you know.

I'm looking after someone just about 24/7 and at times it's stressful, upsetting and sometimes exhausting, bed at between 00:00-1am and up at 6am are the regular hours. Add a married life to that and my free time to walk and use a camera (my two remaining hobbies) often amounts to a walk to the shops, an hour at the cost or park once a fortnight or half an hour in the garden and this goes on for months on end so a light hearted knock at God or mother nature has to be forgiven. They'll get over it and I'll knock less if they give me some nice light next time I'm free which could be next tuesday between 12:00 and 15:00, if I'm lucky. Actually, I'm busy tuesday too.

Last edited:
I'm looking after someone just about 24/7 and at times it's stressful, upsetting and sometimes exhausting, bed at between 00:00-1am and up at 6am are the regular hours. Add a married life to that and my free time to walk and use a camera (my two remaining hobbies) often amounts to a walk to the shops, an hour at the cost or park once a fortnight or half an hour in the garden and this goes on for months on end so a light hearted knock at God or mother nature has to be forgiven. They'll get over it and I'll knock less if they give me some nice light next time I'm free which could be next tuesday between 12:00 and 15:00, if I'm lucky. Actually, I'm busy tuesday too.

You should have some kids.

You should have some kids.

In previous relationships they've come with the package and were a doddle compared to looking after an adult who like a kid needs just about everything doing for them but also drifts in and out of realities. You hopefully don't have to explain to a kid multiple times a day that it's partner isn't due home any minute as they died in 1999 or repeatedly explain that despite the panic attack they're suffering there's nothing wrong and they're perfectly safe. Anyway. back to the cameras, lenses and pictures.

IMG_8455.jpg

5D and Sigma 50mm f1.4.

In previous relationships they've come with the package and were a doddle compared to looking after an adult who like a kid needs just about everything doing for them but also drifts in and out of realities. You hopefully don't have to explain to a kid multiple times a day that it's partner isn't due home any minute as they died in 1999 or repeatedly explain that despite the panic attack they're suffering there's nothing wrong and they're perfectly safe. Anyway. back to the cameras, lenses and pictures.

View attachment 292768

5D and Sigma 50mm f1.4.

Thats very sad. Must be terrible to deal with for both parties. :( NO SARCASM!

Last edited:
First visit to Leighton Moss (RSPB) today. Nothing rare sighted and unfortunately no sign of the Bearded Tits that were there this morning but had a good day anyway.

1 Robin

DSC05771 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

2 Robin

DSC05768 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

3 Blue Tit

DSC05686 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

4 Blue Tit

DSC05679 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

5 Dunnock

DSC05658 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

6 Great Tit

DSC05648 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

7 Great Tit

DSC05618 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

8 Peek a Boo Chaffinch

DSC05457 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

First visit to Leighton Moss (RSPB) today. Nothing rare sighted and unfortunately no sign of the Bearded Tits that were there this morning but had a good day anyway.

1 Robin

2 Robin

3 Blue Tit

4 Blue Tit

5 Dunnock

6 Great Tit

7 Great Tit

8 Peek a Boo Chaffinch

Great shots. Used to volunteer at Leighton Moss when I was a youngster. John Wilson was the warden. Happy days!

1 Robin

2 Robin

3 Blue Tit

4 Blue Tit

5 Dunnock

6 Great Tit

7 Great Tit

8 Peek a Boo Chaffinch

" Excellent" set of shots Ant, liking all of these very much.

George.

Back