The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Is that not some agreement/software limitation employed by Sony? 15fps is enough for me anyway, more than enough.
The general response from Sony is they use the Linier motors in their lens, hence why the defined list for the A1 is on their site, so they must move faster... However i do have the cheap as chips 50mm f1.8 which as you know is a noisy slow beast and that gets 20 FPS or so they say.... but lets be honest 15fps is enough for any man or beast.... be nice to get full 30 though on 3rd party

The general response from Sony is they use the Linier motors in their lens, hence why the defined list for the A1 is on their site, so they must move faster... However i do have the cheap as chips 50mm f1.8 which as you know is a noisy slow beast and that gets 20 FPS or so they say.... but lets be honest 15fps is enough for any man or beast.... be nice to get full 30 though on 3rd party
I can't cope sifting through 20fps let alone 30fps :eek:

I normally use 10fps unless I am shooting a particularly fast bird or fast action.
with lossless RAW I am limited to 20fps anyway

I normally use 10fps unless I am shooting a particularly fast bird or fast action.
with lossless RAW I am limited to 20fps anyway
I don't have lossless :dummy:

time to buy that A1 ;)
you know what else it can do.... change settings while the buffer clears.
I’ve not ran into issues yet with the A9ii ‘freezing’ whilst the buffer clears, maybe I’ve not been changing settings as much :thinking:

I would love the A1 but it’s seriously out of budget, and then I’d need to budget in a new laptop too :eek:

I’ve not ran into issues yet with the A9ii ‘freezing’ whilst the buffer clears, maybe I’ve not been changing settings as much :thinking:

I would love the A1 but it’s seriously out of budget, and then I’d need to budget in a new laptop too :eek:

buying an A1 was cheaper than moving systems :ROFLMAO:
Its my early mid-life crisis buy :LOL:

I am gonna get a Sony A1 and all the GM lenses when I am rich! :D lol

missed you Riz
I guess that means next pay day for you?
there is now even a 35GM and 50GM you so desperately wanted :D
I wish, I am knee deep up to my goolies in TSLA stock, in it for the long-term now so still no gadgets for me. Even sold off the Tesla Model 3 to buy more! lol
I have been keeping a eye on Sony's progress and knew they would eventually bring out a 35GM and 50GM.
The Sony A1 looks pretty epic..... but so does the new Nikon ZFc o_O
All I have these days is my iPhone XR :(

Did you not sell your Tesla Stocks when it hit 900? :D
Nope, I have tried the short-term / day trading style of investing but lost out more than winning, lost out on £60k+ last year in Sept! :(
I have been buying more and more this year as the price has been trending downwards.... :D It will easily be worth way more in 2025.... I reckon around Ark Invests $4200 bull case.
At the end of last year I had 160 shares ... this year I have gone full swing.... now at 368 :D

Nope, I have tried the short-term / day trading style of investing but lost out more than winning, lost out on £60k+ last year in Sept! :(
I have been buying more and more this year as the price has been trending downwards.... :D It will easily be worth way more in 2025.... I reckon around Ark Invests $4200 bull case.
At the end of last year I had 160 shares ... this year I have gone full swing.... now at 368 :D

I dipped my toes in crypto for a bit, tried day trading and lost £300 in 30seconds…i felt sick even with that…..£60k in a month, eeeeek ! After I recovered and then was about £100 or so up (I went in with $1k) i pulled everything out. The market then shot up about 3 fold since and then crashed right back down recently to where i started. With China banning mining and all that last month it's been weird.

I am going to stick to Index Fund!

I guess in some ways it's "good" you have that kinda money to "play with"
In comparison I have around £2k in a shares ISA with a safe portfolio :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I wish, I am knee deep up to my goolies in TSLA stock, in it for the long-term now so still no gadgets for me. Even sold off the Tesla Model 3 to buy more! lol
I have been keeping a eye on Sony's progress and knew they would eventually bring out a 35GM and 50GM.
The Sony A1 looks pretty epic..... but so does the new Nikon ZFc o_O
All I have these days is my iPhone XR :(
You got rid of the Fuji then?

nah too risky.
under the floorboards is how the pros do it.

Strange you should say that, I bought a flat to do up and flip a couple of years ago, the previous owner had died there.

In the bedroom was a built in wardrobe, I decided to rip it out out so grabbed a hammer and began attacking it, halfway through the job just under a grand in £20 notes fell to the floor right in front of me.

I have found that Guitar gears can be quite a good investment.

The pedal that i bought back in February for £300 sells for £1k used now. The one I got this week for £250 also worth around £800. I have a few that is worth £1k. Almost all my guitars are worth more than i paid for them.

The same thing can be said for some Lego sets too.

I can't say the same thing with my camera gear.

Last edited:
I actually managed to get 1 from eBay after you - they seemed to release one more around 7:30am the morning after and I managed to get it.

Anyway, I sent in my cashback claim, on 4th July and they have confirmed its valid today. Won't actually get it paid for up to another 28 days, but if you haven't already claimed the cashback I'd suggest you do as I expect they will accept it as they accepted mine (the invoice from eBay only says Currys PCWorld, and only hint of it coming from eBay is the reference number, hence why I expect its been accepted)
Just had my £200 cashback confirmed too. Unbelievable.

I had a bit of trouble with this 10 picture stitch. I started on the RHS with a lot of sky and took a series of pictures going left and then went back taking more foreground and less sky and when I did the stitch the sky was just awful with dark and light blue banding so I had to crop the sky from second series and stitch it again. At first I thought I'd forgot to lock the exposure but I hadn't and I think it was just down the the light changing in those few seconds. A cloud much have drifted across the sun. Oh well.

rx0zPg1.jpg

A lot more cloud in the other direction.

elUiI68.jpg

Last edited:
The preview button before submitting a reply has disappeared since the migration. Hopefully will return. I like to make sure a photo is not too big or small before posting plus checking typos.

Last edited:
The preview button before submitting a reply has disappeared since the migration. Hopefully will return. I like to make sure a photo is not too big or small before posting plus checking typos.
Photo rendering on here using my iPad is shocking compared to the originals, but I think it’s slightly better on my Mac than before
:thinking:

Is it me or does the sensor on mirrorless cameras attract the dust like a magnet?

I have cleaned the one on the A9 twice in a week, never done my 7D II and I think the Pentax sensor has had one clean in 3 years.
its certainly more exposed, but I have been using mirrorless so long I don't remember the pre-historic ages of DinoSLRs :ROFLMAO:

Is it me or does the sensor on mirrorless cameras attract the dust like a magnet?

I have cleaned the one on the A9 twice in a week, never done my 7D II and I think the Pentax sensor has had one clean in 3 years.

My A7III is MUCH better than the D610 I had before - had just 1 wet clean in 2 years.

Back