The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

@nandbytes saw you're selling your A7C, didn't want to put this in that thread but are you aware you're trying to sell it higher than you can buy it new? Especially off putting to people that you even say you got it from such places. Just saying.
It's £150 cheaper than the new price on panamoz.
when I listed it was the same price as e-infin but my body still longer warranty and better customer service than e-infin, so I see no reason to match them.
if someone prefer's e-infin and want to take the risk they are welcome to buy from there.
Even I provide better after sales support than what I have heard from people using e-infinity.

Last edited:
I was thinking more of idiots cutting themselves by touching it rather than trying to steal the knives. I’m sure theres someone who’d be surprised that knives are sharp. After all we have to put ‘warning contents hot’ labels on coffee cups!
I’ve just read that all blades were blunted before adding to the sculpture (y)

I was thinking more of idiots cutting themselves by touching it rather than trying to steal the knives. I’m sure theres someone who’d be surprised that knives are sharp. After all we have to put ‘warning contents hot’ labels on coffee cups!
may be they deserve it for trying to steal :p

optically samyang lenses are pretty good (generally speaking). Their AF performance is the problem,
I've not had an issue with the AF on the lenses I've used (y) (18mm f2.8, 24mm f2.8 and 45mm f1.8)

RF version and tamron 70-180 doesn't
I know the Tammy doesn’t but I’m very surprised at the RF. It’s a step back if it doesn’t take TC’s.

I will be very interested in the 70/200 reviews my mk1 is super sharp but any improvement is always welcome

I know the Tammy doesn’t but I’m very surprised at the RF. It’s a step back if it doesn’t take TC’s.
Yep, it's the RF version is step back in terms of IQ and also features like TC compatibility. Even tamron is optically better than RF version which costs like £2.7K.

I hope Sony doesn't end up the same way.

First time ever I heard the term parfocal, so a quit wikipedia explained it to me.
Not something I have really thought about before, so are most zoom parfocal or not? I would have thought so but not something I have ever tested before.

First time ever I heard the term parfocal, so a quit wikipedia explained it to me.
Not something I have really thought about before, so are most zoom parfocal or not? I would have thought so but not something I have ever tested before.
I’m not sure but possibly not as it’s not often mentioned in the jargon. I expect it’s more for videographers than photographers.

Phew…. Not just me then :)

Most zooms aren't parfocal and moreover I am surprised they have managed to keep the lens as small as it is while designing it to be parfocal.

I can’t see any mention of weight? MTF’s look ‘ok’
Just took another look, I can't see it either. Didn't pay much attention to it tbh, 24-70mm is not a lens for me.

What caught my attention is that the samyangs release notes mention A7IV in a few places and I don't think it's a typo.

Parfocal seems a similar thing to First Focal Plane in scopes, in that your focal plane is in front of the zoom elements. Only downside with scopes is they cost more. Otherwise only advantages.

What caught my attention is that the samyangs release notes mention A7IV in a few places and I don't think it's a typo.
What caught my attention was this
Screenshot 2021-10-10 at 09.13.01.png

Why no mention of the A9's?

Went for a nice walk with my son yesterday, getting harder and harder to carry him so far but he loves it. Reminded me i really want a CameraClip not easy using a strap with a big rucksack.

DSC00538-Edit.jpg

DSC00528.jpg

Clearly people don't pay attention to this sign.

DSC00535.jpg

What's the best solution for W10 built in RAW support for Sony camera's when viewing in Explorer? Got a load of photos to edit and I usually do several waves of deleting in Explorer before I switch over to LR. However, it's a bit slow and cumbersome as I when I use the Photos app - I have to wait a second for the app to switch from a (Windows guessed) preview to what looks like the actual RAW. In the former of these two, I can't delete and have to wait for it to switch to the latter to do so. Also it always rotates my portraits the wrong way round (again doing it like the above, more lit up preview and a second later - to a darker version the wrong way round). Thanks :)

Back