The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

That's 1024 wide ^^^

Maybe 1600 wide large is too big a file size or something.....? I've always picked 'large' as opposed to 'original' in the BBCode drop down for that reason.

That's 1024 wide ^^^

Maybe 1600 wide large is too big a file size or something.....? I've always picked 'large' as opposed to 'original' in the BBCode drop down for that reason.
I’ve never figured the red crosses out, it sometimes happens to me and my images are always the same size.

I’ve never figured the red crosses out, it sometimes happens to me and my images are always the same size.
I think it's a fault with the forum software as I can post a number of links all with images exactly the same dimensions but some randomly show the red cross although they look fine when I edit the post. If I change the link to point to a different resolution version of the image file then that usually sorts it and the image shows.

Off in Sidmouth with the A65 / Tamron 16~300mm "pseudo bridge camera". I thought this was a really impressive evening sky...

Sidmouth evening sun and clouds A65 DSC00539.JPG

Later, the hotel's drive lights came on, something of a show in themselves...

Sidmouth Drive lights Mount Pleasant Hotel A65 DSC00544.JPG

That's it I've got to get myself one of these filters (my 1/8 doesn't appear to do anything)

Lovely shots in both sets.
Thanks Toby. I’ve also got the 1/8th. Not used it yet. Got mine from K&F

Some with the 50GM f1.2
Again with a 1/4 Black Mist Filter

Triumph Thunderbird by Trevor, on Flickr

Triumph Thunderbird-2 by Trevor, on Flickr

Ralphs Flat Track Triumph by Trevor, on Flickr

Moto Morini 350cc by Trevor, on Flickr

Honda CB750-4 by Trevor, on Flickr

Ducati Scrambler by Trevor, on Flickr
Some great photos (and bikes ) there Trevor. Reminds me that I should photograph my dad's collection of bikes, one day ! Really like the angles and light in these photos !

Gary

Some great photos (and bikes ) there Trevor. Reminds me that I should photograph my dad's collection of bikes, one day ! Really like the angles and light in these photos !

Gary
Thanks. And yes, definitely do it.

Thanks Toby. I’ve also got the 1/8th. Not used it yet. Got mine from K&F
I think mine’s K&F, only used it once but didn’t see a noticeable difference (probably would if I did a proper lab coat test :LOL:)

16-35mm f2.8 GM II said to be 2699 EURO, that’s me out then :LOL:

£2399 in the U.K would have maybe bit at under 2k but honestly that's a mental price for all the often I would use it so I am out.
Was just about to post this, crazy price.

A7cii and A7cR also a bit underwhelming. Seems Sony have moved to a strategy of recycled tech. Less innovation.

We knew it was coming and followed the A6700 - but still disappointing.

Lower res screen and viewfinder.

Not sure the weight saving of 200g over the A7rV is worth the loss of what the RV offers.

They have even ditched the Type A card slot.

I'll just wait a few years and get the RV for 50% of the price to replace my R3.
That’s my thought process now. Particularly with grey. RV is £2650 a saving of £1350.

I do like the thought of the smaller body as a second body to my A1. Particularly one that’s higher res. Take it places when I don’t want to carry as much stuff and still a cracking 2nd shooter.

As the A7RC is new it will take a few months for the price to drop grey. Maybe sit and see what the prices look like in January. A7CR would need to be close to £2300 to peak my interest over the RV. A7Cii is an option but really looking for 62mp.

A7cii and A7cR also a bit underwhelming. Seems Sony have moved to a strategy of recycled tech. Less innovation.

We knew it was coming and followed the A6700 - but still disappointing.

Lower res screen and viewfinder.

Not sure the weight saving of 200g over the A7rV is worth the loss of what the RV offers.

They have even ditched the Type A card slot.
I haven’t looked at the C’s as they don’t interest me. I’ve never really seen the point of the C’s but clearly some people do as they must have sold for Sony to continue it o_O

I haven’t looked at the C’s as they don’t interest me. I’ve never really seen the point of the C’s but clearly some people do as they must have sold for Sony to continue it o_O
To me it's slightly odd that they are happy to make the smaller C models, but not a larger model with built in grip - looking at CaNikon it's clear that such a model would have a place in the market, and would be an easy addition to the line (it's a purely mechanical alteration, the electronics could be unchanged).

I'll just wait a few years and get the RV for 50% of the price to replace my R3.
That's me, these pretty much have all I want apart from the EVF, it is the same resolution and less magnification than my R2, Im going to wait for a a couple more years and either pick up a RV or get the A7Crii if they improve the EVF

I still love my A7C nothing on the new ones is enough to upgrade.

It’s a nice small package if you keep to the smaller lenses. Great for street. I think the A7CR sees the death of the RX1R.

I liked my original A7C - just the front wheel that I didn’t like. Which they added. Not sure if the eye piece is fixed - that was another stupid design.

If I can get one at a decent price lower than the A7RV it would suit me as a travel system.

It’s a nice small package if you keep to the smaller lenses. Great for street. I think the A7CR sees the death of the RX1R.

I liked my original A7C - just the front wheel that I didn’t like. Which they added. Not sure if the eye piece is fixed - that was another stupid design.

If I can get one at a decent price lower than the A7RV it would suit me as a travel system.
The A7c’s a lot bigger than the RX1R and not much smaller than the A7, I just don’t get why it feels like a significantly smaller package over the A7 but maybe I’d get it if I used one out in the field

The A7c’s a lot bigger than the RX1R and not much smaller than the A7, I just don’t get why it feels like a significantly smaller package over the A7 but maybe I’d get it if I used one out in the field
Sony Alpha A7,A9 and A1 are not big to start with as a system in comparison to other full frame.

Not massively bigger than RX - weigh about the same without a lens (507g v 514g). Stick the 40mm f2.5 on there at 173g (or 35mm zeiss at 120g) and you have a decent size carry round. 30% lighter than the A1. Just wonder if Sony gone down this route of interchangeable having not updated the RX since 2015.

RX1Rii - 113 x 65 x 72 (507g)
A7Cii - 124 x 71 x 63 (514g)
A1 - 129 x 97 x 81 (737g)

The A6700 has already dropped £200 grey - the bigger the RRP the bigger the saving on grey. So hopefully both new A7C’s will drop fairly quickly.

Will get both A7CR and A7RV in the hand later in the year and make my decision. A7RV may drop a little further in price - leaves this camera less to lose if I sell later down the line.

Have been putting my A7c through its paces over the last few months and the autofocus is just insane! Seems like cheating. I can just frame my pic and let the af do it’s thing and I’ve never experienced that before. Yes the D850 had great af but you were limited to central composure.

I shot a series of pics at a circus yesterday and the low light and fast moving subjects has challenged every camera I have taken before (have attended this circus many times - Giffords)

Attachments

• A6A826DC-E617-44CA-8858-E08832BC1D60.jpeg
    A6A826DC-E617-44CA-8858-E08832BC1D60.jpeg
    124.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 3DC0A5B8-7321-4DB2-90C9-916451B6B5B7.jpeg
    3DC0A5B8-7321-4DB2-90C9-916451B6B5B7.jpeg
    60.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 79DB900C-5493-414D-BC3D-2A65CF5099FC.jpeg
    79DB900C-5493-414D-BC3D-2A65CF5099FC.jpeg
    96.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 70ACBA95-0030-45CE-B7B0-7B2674517B68.jpeg
    70ACBA95-0030-45CE-B7B0-7B2674517B68.jpeg
    123.6 KB · Views: 11
I'm tempted to replace my stolen A7IV with the new A7CII but my only concern is the lower res EVF. There are some decent lens bundle offers when pre-ordering either new A7C cameras.

The 16-35mm GM II looks good as well. I just wished the zoom was internal and the price lower...

Back