The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Style isn’t their strong point. Probably still fcuk it up with some “steady shot inside” slogan branded all over it.
True but I found that with my Fuji XT-2 I spend more time faffing about with dial's and knobs which actually slowed down the capture process.....
With my Sony A9 I just use Auto-ISO, easy front and rear thumb dials for the other important settings, job done. Yes you can configure the Fuji to do this also but then whats the point of a nice looking ISO dial? :D

True but I found that with my Fuji XT-2 I spend more time faffing about with dial's and knobs which actually slowed down the capture process.....
With my Sony A9 I just use Auto-ISO, easy front and rear thumb dials for the other important settings, job done. Yes you can configure the Fuji to do this also but then whats the point of a nice looking ISO dial? :D

Who said anything about Fuji? Got some gas? ;)

Anyone got a spare $201k?!

leica-m7-titanium-3-lens-set-big_01-770x770.jpg

https://www.thephoblographer.com/2018/03/12/super-rare-leica-m7-titanium-3-lens-set/
Ask Dan,he seems loaded

I'm too busy finding a use case for this

https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/cha...autofocus-will-way-faster-canon-nikon-lenses/

Probably kids sports day.

:eek: Just buy it for the collection? :D It's going to be too expensive for me and I wouldn't even know what to use it for.
Even it is priced at £8000 which I highly doubt it will be, its too much for me.... I think it will be priced around the £12-13k mark. :eek:
If its true that Sony can offer a significant performance and IQ advantage over the rivals and come in at a lower price, it would help them vastly to secure more professional sports/wildlife shooters.

It won't be long until Sony starts teasing us with more lenses which the professional segment is wanting ....

105mm f2.8 GM Macro (1:1)
135mm f2.8 GM
200mm f2.8 GM
300mm f2.8 GM

:D

Last edited:
:eek: Just buy it for the collection? :D It's going to be too expensive for me and I wouldn't even know what to use it for.
Even it is priced at £8000 which I highly doubt it will be, its too much for me.... I think it will be priced around the £12-13k mark. :eek:
If its true that Sony can offer a significant performance and IQ advantage over the rivals and come in at a lower price, it would help them vastly to secure more professional sports/wildlife shooters.

It won't be long until Sony starts teasing us with more lenses which the professional segment is wanting ....

135mm f2.8 GM
200mm f2.8 GM
300mm f2.8 GM

200mm f2.. :)
135mm f1.4?

200mm f2.. :)
135mm f1.4?

Ooops correct, the current rumors suggest the 135mm GM will be f1.8.
Guess we'll have to wait and see..... :D

I could be tempted with the following..

135mm f1.8 GM
35mm f1.4 GM
50mm f1.4 GM

You can hit burglars with it if they come to steal your camera. Also self protection. Could also use it for weight lifting to maintain your fitness.

Sold!!!

Although it's lighter than the Canon - so is it as good for self defence.. Sony didn't think about that.

I’m going on Tuesday to do an interview with DIYPhotography about my Chroma but will be checking out the last day bargains while I’m there :0)
Wish I could make it..... @jonneymendoza , can you ask about Sony bargain's when you are there? Maybe I can quickly pop down on Sunday and feed my GAS if the prices are too good to refuse... lol :D
Snap up all the G Master lenses :D lol

Last edited:
Wish I could make it..... @dancook, can you ask about Sony bargain's when you are there? Maybe I can quickly pop down on Sunday and feed my GAS if the prices are too good to refuse... lol :D
Snap up all the G Master lenses :D lol

I reckon you’d be better off getting down to B&Q to buy some stronger shelves for your existing kit! [emoji6]

I’m in Barcelona this weekend. Was it this time last year you tried the 100mm stf lens?

What you interested in trying this year? D750?
100mm was brilliant.i wanna see if I can try the sigma art's and some of the Fuji stuff.also wanna try the canon 400 2.8 on my A9.

Wanna check out some gimbals too

I reckon you’d be better off getting down to B&Q to buy some stronger shelves for your existing kit! [emoji6]
That will come my friend... all in good time :D lol
There is still plenty of room left in my Vanguard Case.... extra body or two and some more lenses :D

I’m in Barcelona this weekend. Was it this time last year you tried the 100mm stf lens?

What you interested in trying this year? D750?
I was supposed to be in Barcelona this weekend too but I've literally just cancelled it as our dog's been diagnosed with cancer and having an op :( Fortunately prognosis is pretty good if they can remove it all :)

Might go to the photography show on Sunday now instead.

I was supposed to be in Barcelona this weekend too but I've literally just cancelled it as our dog's been diagnosed with cancer and having an op :( Fortunately prognosis is pretty good if they can remove it all :)

Sorry to hear that. Hope the op goes well.

Sorry to hear mate, if they said they can remove it all then that's a good prognosis.

Damm sorry to hear that also

Sorry to hear mate, if they said they can remove it all then that's a good prognosis.
Thanks, yes they're hoping so plus it's not one that tends to spread so fingers crossed :)

Until the Sony A9 II comes along :D lol Then we might get dual UHS-II card slots hahahahahah

Really I cannot see there being a better camera for what I want to do - silent, face detection, super autofocus, excessive fps..

If I was trying to spend less, I could probably have sourced a DSLR to do much the same job without the 'nice to haves' - but I'm not trying to spend less, and I want those features.

Now I don't have any concerns about whether another camera could have gotten a (fleeting) shot...

This is the A9 set to c-af, 20fps, wide area af with face detect - used without any real technique, just for demonstration

800 photos crammed into 25s.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaYbooGcj_A

As a complete aside, I was thinking - wow you have just used up 1/200th of your expected "shutter life". However, just checked some google and in an interview a Sony rep announced that the A7R II has a massive 500k shutter life.

Will be interesting to know what the A9 is. Obviously I know that "shutter life" and reality obviously don't mix but I'm a sucker for claimed statistics.

As a complete aside, I was thinking - wow you have just used up 1/200th of your expected "shutter life". However, just checked some google and in an interview a Sony rep announced that the A7R II has a massive 500k shutter life.

Will be interesting to know what the A9 is. Obviously I know that "shutter life" and reality obviously don't mix but I'm a sucker for claimed statistics.

it's electronic shutter, it's infinite!!

(don't quote me)

Back