The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Unrelated to Sony, related to the photo processing which I am currently doing - if there's some nasty background items that you cannot remove easily in LR because the spot replace tool is just making it look worse...

Use the LR brush, paint over it, full desaturate then apply a brush colour to match the surrounding area.

You could go into Photoshop and spend more time on it, but this is a time effective solution - time is money..
Make a YouTube video demonstrating it

How do people get videos of what you see through the EVF? Another small camera I guess?

Just noticed you're in Sussex, if it's not too far from where I am (Aldershot, Hampshire, Nr. Surrey ;))

Depending on when, I'd consider bringing my A9's on a shoot with you - use one each :)

very kind! Will look whats on the vents calender for the wife and other horsey friends too see when we are next around that way!

*I hope I hate the A9 :LOL:

Just noticed you're in Sussex, if it's not too far from where I am (Aldershot, Hampshire, Nr. Surrey ;))

Depending on when, I'd consider bringing my A9's on a shoot with you - use one each :)

Not far from me either, though I'd be more interested in touching Leica gear, couldn't care less about Sony/A9 :D

Unrelated to Sony, related to the photo processing which I am currently doing - if there's some nasty background items that you cannot remove easily in LR because the spot replace tool is just making it look worse...

Use the LR brush, paint over it, full desaturate then apply a brush colour to match the surrounding area.

You could go into Photoshop and spend more time on it, but this is a time effective solution - time is money..
I am impressed with Affinity photos impainting brush, one sweep and it seems to do the job so far in what ive tested irtwith

I sent my Rokkor 35mm f2.8 MC off to be cleaned as it had a bit of moisture inside. It came back today and I thought it was strange as there was no phone call or email. When I opened the box the note said it was unrepairable and it looks like they've sandblasted the front element. Maybe they gave it to the apprentice to clean? FFS. No wonder they didn't call me. All they had to do was take the front off and clean it and I sooooo wish I'd done it myself, 5 minute job when I did it today... and it's now a f-ing write off. B'stards.

That's what leaving it to the professionals gets me. F-ers.

:mad:

That was my favorite 35mm. It's in great condition apart from the front element being wazzed by some muppet.

Last edited:
I sent my Rokkor 35mm f2.8 MC off to be cleaned as it had a bit of moisture inside. It came back today and I thought it was strange as there was no phone call or email. When I opened the box the note said it was unrepairable and it looks like they've sandblasted the front element. Maybe they gave it to the apprentice to clean? FFS. No wonder they didn't call me. All they had to do was take the front off and clean it and I sooooo wish I'd done it myself, 5 minute job when I did it today... and it's now a f-ing write off. B'stards.

That's what leaving it to the professionals gets me. F-ers.

:mad:

That was my favorite 35mm. It's in great condition apart from the front element being wazzed by some muppet.

Name ? (so we can avoid them)

Me too.
Any Sony owners around Sheffield? :)
@ Jonneymendoza ? :)
Are you from Sheffield? I'm just down the road in Chez Vegas (y) I wouldn't mind trying the A9 out ;)

very kind! Will look whats on the vents calender for the wife and other horsey friends too see when we are next around that way!

*I hope I hate the A9 :LOL:

Hey Justin

I’d be interested in coming along as well. Will bring my D5 and you can try that out too !!!

Hey Justin

I’d be interested in coming along as well. Will bring my D5 and you can try that out too !!!
Don't suppose you guys fancy a trip up to Chesterfield, would love to try out the A9 and D5 side by side ;)

well that my a7r11 sold and all the glass. just didn't enjoy using sony. the sensor was good but the camera just didn't fit my hand well, and for some reason really didn't gel with it. glad i tried it but not sorry its sold. o well onwards and upwards!

Back