The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

None of the greys seem to be listing the Sigma 35mm f2 yet.

My stuff had always come direct with FedEx from Panamoz. Only E-infinity it goes somewhere then changes to royal mail.
My Panamoz stuff has previously come via a UK hub to be sorted, labelled, then “last mile” via DPD. Suppose it depends how much stuff they are shipping that day.

My stuff had always come direct with FedEx from Panamoz. Only E-infinity it goes somewhere then changes to royal mail.

Panamoz switched to sending to a U.K address before sending it on to the end user some time ago. I discussed it with them at length as I had 2 orders go missing.

They are now only sent direct to the customer if sent by TNT. They are reluctant to use TNT as it is more expensive although they have now marked my account as only send by TNT due to the previous issues I had.

Panamoz switched to sending to a U.K address before sending it on to the end user some time ago. I discussed it with them at length as I had 2 orders go missing.

They are now only sent direct to the customer if sent by TNT. They are reluctant to use TNT as it is more expensive although they have now marked my account as only send by TNT due to the previous issues I had.
My last order was only a week or so ago. Came all the via FedEx direct. So it must be dependent on something.

Mine’s definitely UPS. Tracking it now, with an estimated delivery time on Monday.

As a mainly 50mm Canon user, I never got on with the FE55 for some reason either when I switched to the A7.

When I first tested mine I thought it was fantastic as it was sharper than anything I'd used before not just in the central area but throughout the whole frame. Looked at like that it is IMO a very very good lens. There are things you can nit pick, some CA, the bokeh IMO isn't world beating etc. The main thing for me is that although it's a good modern lens I get more enjoyment from an old film era MF 50mm.

I've just been looking though all my stuff, MFT and Sony kit and old and new manual lenses too trying to decide what I can sell as I'm just not using most of it.

PS.
That should read what I can try and sell.

Last edited:
Talking of lenses, has anyone used a meike/neewer 37 f1.7 manual focus on an A7? It's designated APS-C and I wondered how bad the vignette would be.

Last edited:
When I first tested mine I thought it was fantastic as it was sharper than anything I'd used before not just in the central area but throughout the whole frame. Looked at like that it is IMO a very very good lens. There are things you can nit pick, some CA, the bokeh IMO isn't world beating etc. The main thing for me is that although it's a good modern lens I get more enjoyment from an old film era MF 50mm.

I've just been looking though all my stuff, MFT and Sony kit and old and new manual lenses too trying to decide what I can sell as I'm just not using most of it.

PS.
That should read what I can TRY and sell.

Good edit. Don't go committing yourself to anything now! :ROFLMAO:

I'm just going through my external drive. Sorting, organising and deleting before transferring everything to a new bigger one!

That's not a fun job!

Yes, the FE55 isn't a bad lens at all. I just didn't enjoy it.

Good edit. Don't go committing yourself to anything now! :ROFLMAO:

I'm just going through my external drive. Sorting, organising and deleting before transferring everything to a new bigger one!

That's not a fun job!

Yes, the FE55 isn't a bad lens at all. I just didn't enjoy it.
Same here, just something about it didn't sit right with me but can't put my finger on it. Maybe it's a bit too small and light. You also see a lot on the secondhand market like the 85 1.8.

Just been to WEX to pick up my partner’s telescope and bino’s, had a look round and I’d be blowed as I sat down in the car I noticed a Sigma 24mm f1.4 DG Art lens sitting on my lap... :banana::banana: well it was my birthday on Thursday. I’ll have a limited play around tomorrow due to breaking my big toe yesterday and me hobbling about for a while.

Just been to WEX to pick up my partner’s telescope and bino’s, had a look round and I’d be blowed as I sat down in the car I noticed a Sigma 24mm f1.4 DG Art lens sitting on my lap... :banana::banana: well it was my birthday on Thursday. I’ll have a limited play around tomorrow due to breaking my big toe yesterday and me hobbling about for a while.
Belated happy birthday. Maybe the lens had been there since Thursday and you just hadn’t noticed it in your excitement at breaking a toe. :D

Good news (I hope). My camera is now in the air thanks to Panamoz sending a replacement direct to me instead of via a UK depot, and due for delivery Monday morning. Fingers crossed! :p
about bl***y time too. I'm spending far too much time on this forum trying to find out if you've got the camera yet :D instead of being back on the Z6 where I belong......

mine took a pit stop in France too. but it was delayed by a day so arrived on Tuesday instead of the Monday like tracking initially said.

You're a master of woodland and tree colours, Lee. You always get a warm and natural tone to leaves, grass and tree bark. (y)

On another note, I installed the month free trial of Topaz Denoise AI. Very impressed with it, and there's a low light feature on it too. I'm going to buy it when the trial is over. Does anyone know of any discount codes?

You're a master of woodland and tree colours, Lee. You always get a warm and natural tone to leaves, grass and tree bark. (y)

On another note, I installed the month free trial of Topaz Denoise AI. Very impressed with it, and there's a low light feature on it too. I'm going to buy it when the trial is over. Does anyone know of any discount codes?

Well, I can't get across to the waterfalls & mountains of South Wales so local woodlands it has to be.... ;) Thank you though :)

I don't often bother with noise reduction editing.

Loyal15

Royal Mail tracked 24 is telling me they've been informed my item is on its way to them. It's remained at that status for over a day but fingers crossed it might get delivered tomorrow or Wednesday.

It's nice to have new toys arriving :D

Enjoy, you three :D

There's still nothing that's getting me to part with my money today. Things on the list include the A7c, Voigtlander 35 and 50mm f1.2 SE and those new Sigma lenses but I'll wait for now :D

Last edited:
Hopefully get it tomorrow.
It's been in France since Saturday.
Hasn't been updated since Saturday so you never know.... :LOL:
Could be worse Bob I ordered a watch from Germany last week that was sent from Italy to an address in Birmingham belonging to a steel import company, I live in Sunbury :rolleyes:

My comment would be "bring it - I'm bigger and uglier than you!".

But OTOH it's good not to disturb wildlife, though it looks like the wildlife disturbed itself.
The others were just doing the usual looking for bread from people and this bugger decided he'd come and have a go coz he thought he was hard enough.

Back