The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

What's wrong with the Sony colours? Pretty minimal processing really. I'm really pleased overall with it. Certainly has been fun this week getting to know it.

45678469281_798af99648_b.jpg
[/url]

What's wrong with the Sony colours? Pretty minimal processing really. I'm really pleased overall with it. Certainly has been fun this week getting to know it.[/url]

They don't have the magic pixie dust which is applied at the same time as they apply the Canon / Nikon / Leica badge.

Just a heads up, I've listed 3 E mount lenses in the classifieds in my quest to feed the new lens GAS (Zeiss 55mm 1.8). I've listed my Voigtlander Nokton 40/1.4, Sony FE 50mm 1.8 and Samyang 85mm 1.4 :)

I have not tried the 24. I have been trying the 35mm 2.8 and Sony 2.8 and IQ wise the Samyang seems a little sharper, but the colours are very different. Let me see if I can find my post!
Thanks it would be good to see mainly interested in the 24 as have the samuang 35 1.4

Finally my 85mm f/1.8 arrived today from E-Infin, I'll be giving it a try this afternoon so expect more photos of my dog later :D

The size on my A7 III is just perfect, looks and feels great from initial impressions.

Finally my 85mm f/1.8 arrived today from E-Infin, I'll be giving it a try this afternoon so expect more photos of my dog later :D

The size on my A7 III is just perfect, looks and feels great from initial impressions.
you might find it worthwhile investing in a grip extension for it if you're shooting for prolonged periods. Unless you've got v small hands, you can end up with some unexpected hand/finger pain without one.

zb40mm.jpg

Eager to give this one a try, faster af and quieter than what I'm using and light enough to not really notice it, really nice in use.

So of course there's a problem, bloody thing front focuses, super happy to be having this problem with a mirrorless system.

They are the sensible option. Bought the GM last week and it’s reassuringly, stupid big [emoji3]

Yeah it's just a nice size tbh, though obviously things being different I would like the GM :D

you might find it worthwhile investing in a grip extension for it if you're shooting for prolonged periods. Unless you've got v small hands, you can end up with some unexpected hand/finger pain without one.

I am considering a 3rd party grip, if anyone wants to chirp up which is the best option?

Have just put in an order for an A73 & 24-105. Should be arriving next week. Looking forward to getting used to it!

Any decent YouTube videos / sites on recommended settings for it?

I’m only a week into mine and still working out what AF settings are best suited to. Eye AF is pretty good but definitely not perfect. Much will depend on lenses being used too I’d imagine. My two 1.4’s obviously aren’t as snappy as other options. Had my 3 year old run at me today and about 60% success rate. Generally using expandable small spot focus but the AF lock-on does seem to have its uses too.

I couldn’t get eye focus to lock on here because of the bars. Bare in mind though that I was leaning over the fence and had the camera upside down, using the tilted screen backwards to compose something. Seemed to really struggle. But hey, nothings ever perfect and it’s part of the learning process.

31807587758_62f68874a0_b.jpg

I haven’t watched any YouTube vids either. Lack of time and prefer to just get out there and try a few things myself.

View attachment 137865

Eager to give this one a try, faster af and quieter than what I'm using and light enough to not really notice it, really nice in use.

So of course there's a problem, bloody thing front focuses, super happy to be having this problem with a mirrorless system.
Will be interested to hear your thoughts, I’m thinking of swapping my 55 and 35mm art for one

Wow, I'm really happy with the 85mm f/1.8. My poor mother served as portrait practice (she'd go mental if she knew I put her photo online haha). Eye AF, low light, ISO 1250, handheld at 1/125s & wide open.

DSC03658 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

More from first day with the 85mm f/1.8 (Really dreadful light so I'm impressed with the DR of the A7 III :)

DSC03036-2 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

DSC03002 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

DSC03545 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

DSC03163 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

DSC03016 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

Nice shots, its a superb lens, Im mostly a 1.4 person but the 1.8 is such an amazing lens, sold my 1st copy and instantly regretted it and bought another. It punches well above its price.

Nice shots, its a superb lens, Im mostly a 1.4 person but the 1.8 is such an amazing lens, sold my 1st copy and instantly regretted it and bought another. It punches well above its price.

I can't wait to try in some decent light (y)

Sony A7 III - £1881.16 on Amazon UK.
;)

Nice!

I will wait a little bit more.
My 7R II is getting older, but I have the feeling that in the next few months there will be a new body.

May be it will worth to wait, you never know :)

And to make it more colorful post:

Here are two photos from my recent trip to Thailand end of Sept. ( I am getting obsessed with Thailand I know)

Sony A7R II + modified Sigma 60mm F/2.8:

Speed boat at the Koh Larn by Kalin Kalpachev, on Flickr

The local gas station by Kalin Kalpachev, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back