Name
Nigel
Edit My Images
No
Dawn shoot at the Giants Causeway ..

24612138049_f7e8acf1a3_z.jpg

Fuji XE2 + 10-24mm (10mm, ISO 200, 1/30 second, f13)

Processed from a single raw file. Had a 2 stop grad on tilted..... Perhaps not to everyones taste, especially in the era of super Ultra HDR no shadows allowed, but hey ho. At this time of year the sun doesn't really pop over the cliffs until much later in the afternoon ....

Some BTS footage from the morning shoot can be found here ..

cheers,

Nige

That's rather lovely Nigel.
Very nice composition and you resisted the urge for heavy handed shadow recovery.
Well shot and edited....hope you're chuffed with it.

iconic of the causeway
a lightening of the canopy would lift the mood and cause more interest in the sky
cheers
geof

Hi, I wasn't sure when I first viewed, mainly because of the lack of detail in the shadows....however, having been there (only once, unfortunately) I warmed to it.

For me it's the character of the FG rocks, almost look like elephant footprints :) Maybe I'm getting a little nostalgic :thinking:

I watched your first videos on Youtube and enjoyed them. I'll watch your latest over the weekend.

Cheers.

Composition is excellent for me. It's a taste thing but I don't like to see blocked shadows, especially in a place as beautiful as that.

Hooray for shadows, well done on resisting, excellent shot, full of the atmosphere of that time of day.

Thanks for the comment folks .. and as I thought, good old shadows dividing opinion..... even at times has me 50/50 :) In a few weeks I think the sun will strike the top of that cliff while keeping the front of the cliff in shadow which may make for a more interesting image ... I keep having to remind myself that I live here now so most images will be a journey ...

I've actually set myself a target over the coming year to create 10 images which I'm very happy with ... no mean feat given over the past 7 years I've probably taken around 10 in total which I'm really (really) happy with. I also want to try and make a number of those images from the less known locations ... difficult of course as you naturally gravitate towards the icons, at least I'm sure initially ...

Again, thanks for the feedback folks ...

Back