The Bees Passion

jgs001

Brian Cox
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
The shot I used for my 52 this week, the theme being Passion.

IMG_8962.jpg

55-250 + Raynox using focus priority.

Thanks for looking.

I like the colours on that John, the purples with the orange pollen is really nice. Composition wise I can't help thinking that it would have been better with a lower angle, so the bee more square on and the inside of the passion flower on a more vertical plane.

Just an idea.

thanks Sara... I see what you mean. I shall bear that in mind for a future oppo (should I find one ;)).

That is really nice, I love the pollen on the wings.
I think it's a difficult call on the angle, all depends on where things start getting obscured and by how much. Shouldn't really comment myself because I'm rather slap-dash and hurried, then I berate myself afterwards for being in too much of a hurry incase the subject flies away. I'm still learning patience.

Nice shot John, shows just how pollination works on these with the pads dabbing the bees back (y)

Thanks all..

Dan, I know what you mean. There was an element of making sure I got something going on here. The bee didn't hang around long afterwards, and I wasn't really thinking about getting the right angle, just not overhead, and to capture the bee.

Back