the 'Best Day of Your Life' thread

Ben

Edit My Images
No
One of the reasons I like this forum is the wonderful range of topics covered and the interesting 'unphotographic' threads! So here goes...

What was the best day of your life (so far)?

At the risk of sounding soppy ....

the birth of my first child :)

I haven't got any kids, so I think I've got lots of things that rank as being the best

biking to the top of Mt snowdon and then flying back down it :woot:
trackdays in my car

anything filled with adreneline and speed counts as being the best :LOL:

Asking Jill to marry me after our lunch of Egg & Chips on Christmas Day in 2004 ... (and after her Russian Doll (christmas presents !) trail of clues leading to her engagement ring) ... :D

We married in March last year 'cos Jill ... she said YES ... :p

BTB ... initiator should post FIRST Zenzy ... :thinking:

For me....hmmm

About a month after the birth of my Danny (I was their at the birth, but being an ex farmers boy didn't think much of the event, :shrug: pleased to take part though obviously)...no it was later that I looked into Danny's eyes and the reality of life the universe and my reason for being born became apparent...I serious blast of reality for me, I grew up that day....been loving the responsibility ever since

Another..

Dashing on fast bikes to a small hill in France late one night, to catch the full eclipse of the sun the next day...way better than any track day...and the main event was gobsmackingly stunning, and caused absolute silence to fall across the dark shadowed hill, whilst the rest of France could be seen bathing in sunshine all around the oval shadow, which ended aprox 40-60 miles away.

How about you then Ben, what’s yours...? :)

For me it would have to be the day I did a tandem skydive. The adrenalin rush was out of this world :D It was something I had ALWAYS wanted to do, and a day I'll never forget. I loved every minute of it.

hmmm

marriage and childbirth always spring to mind, cant beat being at the birth of your children i dont think

matty said:
cant beat being at the birth of your children i dont think

I don't have (and don't want) any children, but I get that special privilege on a regular basis :D It is a truly magical moment, and one I always feel honoured in being part of.

Has to be the births of my two sons. Missed out on being in the room because my wife had to have an emergency c- section, but I was one of the 1st to hold him after being cleaned up and weighed. Next day I went back to hospital early and collected my Dad from another ward in same hospital to go and see his first Grandchild.
I was present for the 2nd, another c-section, but again I was one of the first to hold him after being weighed and cleaned up.
I wouldn't swap any of those moments for anything.

the birth of my daughter just cant top that:)

A ha! I was waiting for the first few replies. Being travel mad, I have two amazing days to remember.

The first was a day in Cairo. Flew from Cyprus in the morning and just before landing we flew straight over the Pyramids, which was an amazing experience. I visted the Cairo Museum and saw many things including Tutankhamun's mask, then went to see the Pyramids and Sphinx. Then back to Cyprus in the evening. Fantastic!

The second was visiting a Roman archaeological site called Dougga, in Tunisia. Such an awe-inspiring place with an amphitheatre, temples and much more. It doesn't happen very often but sometimes you leave a place with that special feeling of content deep within, that day was one of those occasions.

few spring to mind.....

First kiss,
First time I met my current partner,
First time I managed to stay up all the way down on a snowboard,
my sisters wedding,
First time I saw one of my photos in print......

When my first son was born six weeks premature, my wife had to have an emergency caesarian under general anaesthetic and the first time I saw him was about 30 minutes later in an incubator with two doctors and a couple of nurses working on him, he only weighed three pounds, had pipes, tubes and wires everywhere and he looked like a boiled monkey. Bringing a lump to my throat just thinking about it!

Like most people agree the birth of children takes some beating - my first son was born with the cord round his neck & it took a bit of work to get him breathing etc so went through the ringer emotionally that day :crying:
On a purely selfish level I played in a Charity Golf Pro-Am (off 6 handicap at the time) and shot one over par including an albatross 2 on a par five :eek: - my score was only one shot worse than the best score by a professional on the day (y) - this was before digital cameras were the norm and my wife changed films in our SLR after a few shots but didn't wind the film in correctly so I have hardly any pictures from the best sporting day of my life :bang:
Paul

InaGlo said:
The day I saw the light & I told my ex ....'Youre leaving'

LOL, i bet that ranked as an all time winner for him :LOL:

After all these replies, I'm going to have to find a child and see if it's as good as you lot say :bonk:

Nah, i'm in no rush to have my own.......still too young and selfish for that :D

I think i'll gate crash the maternity unit with my 20d and check out the moment :naughty:

Tricky one but reckon waking up in intensive care and being told that I had not damaged my vital organs due to my overdose and finally getting the help I had be looking for for so long to understand depression and how to manage it.

Without it sounding like one of those 'i have a second chance threads'.

Snore :)

Hmmm. Tough one this one.

The day I got offered my first proper job. I was on the platform at Manchester Piccadilly station waiting to catch a train to Huddersfield for a Bon Jovi concert when I got the call. :)

Several things spring to mind... first and foremost, the moments that my boys decided to put in an appearance. For those that don't have that experience, your whole perspective on the world changes! (Apart from that, you can boast about the size of your knob, since it's evidently big enough to fill a pram!)

In the runners-up category...

All the usual 'firsts' - first kiss, etc... ;)
Seeing my eldest in his first nativity play (I was as proud as the balls on a tall dog!)
When I was asked by Guitarist mag to play in the Guitarist Of The Year finals at Wembley
Being told that Mike from Skynyrd was telling people that I was one of the finest guitar players he's ever worked with

That's just some of the highlights - obviously there are loads more...

Of course giving birth to my four beautiful children is high on my list......but.....

I reckon that the best day of my life was in August 2003 when I got my Desk Top Publishing job at Southampton University...I had worked hard the previous year and got 6 distinctions in a BTEC in computer graphic design which gave me the confidence to apply for the job in the first place...it was the first job I applied for aswell, so a few best days of my life I guess....not bad for someone aged 46 either! I could do with a job here in Cambs though ;)

Catdaddy said:
*snip*
Being told that Mike from Skynyrd was telling people that I was one of the finest guitar players he's ever worked with

:notworthy: :clap: (y)

The day I got married I think......I have an absolutely shockingly atrocious memory normally and forget everything,m but that day stays clear in my mind. The weather varied wildly through the day - we had bright sunshine, rain, thunder and lightning, hail.......everyone else was freezing cold apparently although I can't say I noticed! All in all a fantastic day - our friends still tell us that our reception was one of the best parties ever!

InaGlo said:
Err, you can when youre the one doing the 'birthing' :LOL:

The day I saw the light & I told my ex ....'Youre leaving'

Ok, so Im a cynical old mare :razz:

The best day of my life was when I told my ex I was leaving, he said 'go', so i did :LOL:

when were you in GOFT Chris? I followed that avidly all the time i played!

matty said:
when were you in GOFT Chris? I followed that avidly all the time i played!

Mid 90's, Matty. The one that Paul Rose won. (B**tard forgot to bring his own plectrum with him, and I lent him one of mine. Nice, ain't I?!)

I think Matty meant 'GOTY' - Guitarist Of The Year, Marianne (y)

Back