The Camera Dealer Dead Pool

I agree with Hacker too be honest.

This forum does not exist in isolation and a bit of fun here can have ramifications elsewhere.

For example, someone will say "I heard xxxx might in trouble", this then gets repeated (and quickly thanks to Chinese Whispers) and before you know it the dealer is getting order cancellations due to someone "hearing" something on the Internet.

While its a bit of "harmess fun", personally I think it should be killed off.

I see your point, Andy and I suppose to an extent I agree, but as I said previously, the same arguement can be applied to lens selection or camera buying or anything else really.

I wonder, for example, how many people were put off buying a 1D MkIII when the rumours of AF issues started surfacing. Won't that have affected someone's business/orders in a similar way?

I agree with Hacker on this one.
It's really unkind to start rumours like this. Does this site want to have a reputation for this type of thing.
I think it deserves better.
I would like to see this thread put out of business.

Keith.

Last edited:
I'm beginning to agree with the dissenters here. Perhaps the thread should be closed. What sort of idiot would start something like this anyway? :thinking:

Oh.....wait...:bonk:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Line drawn under it

oh dear after all the praise i heeped on jessops Reading, i now wont shop with them ever again after not being able to sell me a D300 for £870 cash, i went to currys and got it cheaper their loss!!!! currys rang them tp confirm stock (or they cant do a deal) and they lied about having any on the shelf. so my son rang again and they told him they had three, they were on speaker phone at the time ,thanks currys jobs a good un(y) oh i hope its jessops by the way

If I knew currys were ringing me to do a price match i'd lie as well, all's fair in business

Back