The Classic Cliché

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
I used to shoot Ashness a lot, it was my go to place just to get an hour out the house away from it all....then I've barely shot the Lakes in the last 4 years or so, so dropped in last Sunday morning, conditions were just too nice to resist...
Ashness Jetty 2020 by Martin Steele, on Flickr

I think that's one of the best I've seen from there, superb. The sky, colours, reflections and composition are all great. If I had to grumble how would it have looked if you got a bit higher to avoid the post cutting into the reflection of the hill? Maybe would've lost some impact, hard to say... But exceptional anyway

Cliché it may be Martin, but that's a lovely take on a classic image. The light and conditions really make it :)

Classic shot for a reason, and beautifully executed too. (y)
That jetty is such an improvement over that yonky old thing

One of the best shots of yours and almost certainly one of the best from here.
The hotel we stay in in The Lakes is only a stones throw down the road from this jetty and I, somehow, forget to have a look every time we stay there.

Great picture with lovely colours. :)
Cliché it may be Martin, but that's a lovely take on a classic image. The light and conditions really make it :)
Thank you folks :)

I think that's one of the best I've seen from there, superb. The sky, colours, reflections and composition are all great. If I had to grumble how would it have looked if you got a bit higher to avoid the post cutting into the reflection of the hill? Maybe would've lost some impact, hard to say... But exceptional anyway
Thank you. When I got home and seen those 3 posts cutting into the reflection, I was furious with myself, as one thing I absolutely hate is anything cutting into anything else when it can be avoided.

Thank you. When I got home and seen those 3 posts cutting into the reflection, I was furious with myself, as one thing I absolutely hate is anything cutting into anything else when it can be avoided.

I wouldn't be too angry - ripples are worse....far worse. A very minor flaw in what is one of the finest images ever taken here.

I think the posts are perfectly lined up. They only cut into the fainter reflection whilst the other posts are perfectly placed giving the harder reflections a bit of space. If you'd moved one or the other there would always be a compromise. I think its amongst the best I've seen from there so I'll forgive you.

I still far prefer the old jetty, although it was so squint it was a pain to photograph.

Yup, me too.

Beautifully executed Martin.
Cheers Dale mate :)

I think the posts are perfectly lined up. They only cut into the fainter reflection whilst the other posts are perfectly placed giving the harder reflections a bit of space. If you'd moved one or the other there would always be a compromise. I think its amongst the best I've seen from there so I'll forgive you.

I still far prefer the old jetty, although it was so squint it was a pain to photograph.
Thank you very much Mark. I agree, the old wonky jetty was far far better, it had some sort of charm about it.

Excellent capture well executed and one for the wall.
I would like to see it in mono ?

Back