Beginner The common lizard

Name
Iain
Edit My Images
Yes
A couple from my local nature reserve. These were taken a fair while ago. This guy was sunning himself on the boardwalk across the moss. They are very shy and quick to bolt into the moss when they are disturbed. This fella was a bit braver than most. I couldn't frame these shots as I would like as I was scared he might make a dash for safety

Any comments ,critique welcome

Iain

by Flynndog on Talk Photography

Common lizard
by Flynndog on Talk Photography

I really like the first one. On the bottom one I feel like you are missing a lot of the detail that is being shown in the first photo.

No critique nor comment, just a suggestion! :)

common%20lizardpp.jpg

Thanks for the comments @Ronnie Mutch , I included the 2nd one because I liked the perspective, but I take your point about losing the detail, but at the time just wanted to grab some shots before he disappeared !

@Kodiak Qc Your suggestion is very much appreciated ! A considerable improvement , thank you.

@Xris Thanks for your comments, nothing controversial at all -I prefer the 2nd one as well !

The second one is good too, I just really liked the top one :)
No problem Ronnie :),
The feedback will hopefully make me think a bit harder next time about framing the shot and getting a better angle - if they stay still long enough !

Cheers

Iain

I prefer the second, but as a pair they work well as you see the shape and colours in 1 but the second is more of a portrait if that makes sense.

I prefer the second, but as a pair they work well as you see the shape and colours in 1 but the second is more of a portrait if that makes sense.
Hi Paul,
Thanks for your comments, I know exactly what you mean- I only wish I picked those two images for that reason :)

Iain

Back