The compact camera picture thread!

Panasonic's GM5 is amazingly compact, especially with the 12~32mm lens fitted. Oddly enough, the red version seems less noticeable than the black. :thinking:

Some examples...

Fisheye mirror on upper deck of bus GM5 P1210834.JPG

Chieftain tank at the Yorkshire Air Museum GM5 P1220743 copy.JPG

Flooding at Clyst St Mary GM5 P1210740.JPG

Kodak Pixpro bridge ( Runs on 4 AA bats) Moseley Old Hall where Charles the second made his escape from Britain from after the Battle of Worcester

mosley.jpg
Kodak Easy Share ( This runs on 2 AA bats) , Mrs Badger at Whitby Goth

wife.jpg

Test shot that I took when I first received the Kodak Easy share from eBay (£9)
bike.jpg

Wightwick Manor Wolverhampton . One of the above cameras, I had a habit of taking both of them with me
wit.jpg

One of my Jacks trying to Camouflage him self as Mud so he could sneak up on the rabiit poulation of this farm! This dog was a nutter and would take on any dog. I think from an Olympus
chester.jpg

Last edited:
Panasonic LX5. My 1st trip to Kazakhstan.

Weeeeeee....

9qXjOO5.jpg

The flight home.

tVzqCM2.jpg

3CrBPUY.jpg

PS.
Is your bum cold yet?

VPbo3ps.jpg

Last edited:
Today's Point and shoot adventures on a dog walk around Severn Valley country park , I again found myself struggling with subjects but came up with a few I'll maybe try the close to me Wyre forest in the future.

This one benefited from using flash
good1.JPG
A bit of wildlife and it stayed still
good5.JPG

I think the light was a bit weird in this one but I do like it
good7.JPGgood9.JPG

Medion compact. Taken in January 2006.

U5gTLvh.jpg

These were taken in January 2007.

REJUFZA.jpg

J0rN30I.jpg

nCX4qBu.jpg

I also found a video I took with this camera on 27th December 2005 of snow falling :D

PS.
What's the oldest digital compact picture you have? Mine seems to be Christmas day 2005 which I think is when I got this Medion, as a present.

Last edited:
C17 Globemaster over Swindon Panasonic TZ40...

C17 Globemaster over Swindon Panasonic TZ40 1010968.JPG

Medion compact. Taken in January 2006.

I also found a video I took with this camera on 27th December 2005 of snow falling :D

PS.
What's the oldest digital compact picture you have? Mine seems to be Christmas day 2005 which I think is when I got this Medion, as a present.
I thought it was Casio EX-P600, 4th July 2004, crack in my car's windscreen. But then I found this from 8th December 2002, Minolta Xi

PICT0005.JPG

I thought it was Casio EX-P600, 4th July 2004, crack in my car's windscreen. But then I found this from 8th December 2002, Minolta Xi

I thought I was a bit of a hold out as I carried on with film whilst people around me were going digital. My first digital camera was a Fuji F602 Pro Zoom and I've found some pictures taken with it in September 2003. They must be amongst my first digital pictures. I couldn't get on with that camera, sold it and bought a Canon 300D which was my first DSLR.

Although I was dabbling earlier, I switched when we went to NZ late in 2003 and I took a Minolta A1 plus the Xi. With its 28-200mm equivalent lens the A1 must be the forefather of Sony's RX10. Mrs S carried on with film for a while but then gave up and is now my artistic director......

Painted Lady.

Shot taken with my elderly Panasonic DMC-TZ3 camera.

View attachment 332648

Very nice shot John, well composed with some lovely colours. Must admit I'm not normally into Butterfly/Moth type shots but this one really appeals to me.

Why are you pointing that thing at me? Nikon Coolpix S10...

White and brown cat at Long Buckby Wharf S10_1603.jpg

Taken tonight on my way home with My Nikon Coolpix s4150

My attempt at adding a bit of drama ! Old parts of Enville Hall Taken over the fairly high fence!
enville1.JPG

enville4.jpg

enville3.JPG

St Peters Church Chelmarsh

pete2.JPG

Rotten Cross( with the zoomy thing all the way out) :)

cross1.JPG

Last edited:
Earliest I can find 2004 (My lad aged 7) So chilled he is asleep, Lucky there is no crime !

spiderman.JPG

My neighbor Big Kev fishing a Weir pool near Stourton

PC270028.JPG

His catch
PC270030.JPG

Last edited:
"The Old Signal Box"

Just a simple architectural type Snapograph taken at Kent UK of the "Old Signal Box" at the now disused Folkestone Harbour Stn. The signal box is now a cafeteria and the station has now been turned into a tourist attraction with weekly markets and other things held on the renovated platforms.

X-30 (not X-T30), 1/800th @ F5.6, ISO-100, Bit Of Fill In Flash, Handheld.
The Old Signal Box-03557 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y)

Last edited:
These didn't quite work out as I was hoping , I'll blame it on the fact it was bright and I couldn't see the screen. Merry Hill Shopping centre taken from Netherton Dudley.Quick snaps while I was working to see if it was worth coming back with a better camera.

one.JPG

two.JPG

Last edited:
Lovely looking dogs Richard , your Power shot did well ! When I looked at your first shot I thought Plummer Terriers but the second proved me wrong.

Last edited:
A bit of a wrench,,, Gedit? :naughty:

(Panasonic TZ70)

Wrenches TZ70 P1030621.JPG

Lovely looking dogs Richard , your Power shot did well ! When I looked at your first shot I thought Plummer Terriers but the second proved me wrong.
Cheers. Rufus was (I nearly wrote ”is” :( ) a Fell Terier which is the local working breed round here.

The Powershot is appropriate because it was the first digicam I bought after seeing family snaps that Rufus’ breeder was taking with a Casio, I think 1 mega pixie camera and printing on his B&W cheapo inkjet on A4 laser paper. Obviously they were ‘rubbish’ but I was impressed — I’d always liked high contrast grainy monochrome (and colour no one seems to remember GAF 500 now :) ) anyway.

Last edited:
Just waiting for spring. (Panasonic TZ70)

Bird in tree TZ70 TZ70 P1030506.JPG

For another forum, I use this gun as a garden gun so I was attempting to make it look less threatening !

GUN1.JPG

gun4.JPG

I thought Plummer because of the colour but the ears didn’t work , still nice looking dog

I thought Plummer because of the colour but the ears didn’t work , still nice looking dog
The breeds people come up with always surprise me but given they are fairly rare you could go your whole life without seeing one :).

In the original pic it’s Rufus, Fell Terrier on the left and Pippin, Basenji on the right and Pippin again standing on his own.

The only connection between Basenjis and Brian Plummer that I know of is that in one of his books he relates working as a dog trainer to get some cash and that the one thing that taught him was that it is impossible to train a Basenji. That's fair comment, they will only do things they want to do and have no interest in pleasing you like other dogs :).

I can’t recommend anyone to get a Basenji as a companions though I would have no other. Ditto really for Fells as they have a hunting drive that has to be experienced to be believed. Basenji too, but it’s tempered by a scavenging drive as you might expect from an African village dog. :)

Plummer did use Fell Terriers (along with much else) developing his terrier but I think most them are more ‘bully’ than Fell’s, obvious in the jaws. That’s a common look among terriers I’ve seen at ‘working terrier’ shows but I’m not so sure most of them are worked.

The breeds people come up with always surprise me but given they are fairly rare you could go your whole life without seeing one :).

In the original pic it’s Rufus, Fell Terrier on the left and Pippin, Basenji on the right and Pippin again standing on his own.

The only connection between Basenjis and Brian Plummer that I know of is that in one of his books he relates working as a dog trainer to get some cash and that the one thing that taught him was that it is impossible to train a Basenji. That's fair comment, they will only do things they want to do and have no interest in pleasing you like other dogs :).

I can’t recommend anyone to get a Basenji as a companions though I would have no other. Ditto really for Fells as they have a hunting drive that has to be experienced to be believed. Basenji too, but it’s tempered by a scavenging drive as you might expect from an African village dog. :)

Plummer did use Fell Terriers (along with much else) developing his terrier but I think most them are more ‘bully’ than Fell’s, obvious in the jaws. That’s a common look among terriers I’ve seen at ‘working terrier’ shows but I’m not so sure most of them are worked.
Iv lost touch with the Plummer terriers clubs of late but I think the dna tests from a few years ago showed a little basenji blood in some of the lines , mr Plummer I’m reliable informed didn’t always write down exactly what he mated to what .

Iv lost touch with the Plummer terriers clubs of late but I think the dna tests from a few years ago showed a little basenji blood in some of the lines
Interesting. Actually my friend who bred my Fell Rufus, said he fancied he could see some ‘Basenji‘ in his feet -- he was familiar with my dogs. It was entirely possible as he’d been breeding them for decades and originally had them from the father of a friend who’d bred them for a long time and his friend told me his dad had tried basenjis in the past.

Funny thing is I know arguably less about Pippin’s ancestry despite being a KC breed. since his gggsire was born in the Congo (Zaire) around 1990 ;)and was one of what the Americans call the “New Africans” -- they opened their stud book to admit him and others. I may have a snap of one of his siblings somewhere which will also be with the Canon A40.

, mr Plummer I’m reliable informed didn’t always write down exactly what he mated to what .
Ha! I wouldn’t be surprised.

Back