The Dales or The Lakes is the question

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
On Saturday evening I'm dropping the other half off and I want to get out and use the camera, I know she won't be back till at least 3am so I don't mind staying out and making best use of my alone time!

I'd be leaving from South Sheilds at around 17:30-18:00 and I want to either go to the Dales or the Lakes

I'm quite familiar with the Lakes and got an idea where I'd go for sunset and before sunset but I've got it in my head I really want to try Ribblehead Viaduct for sunset but is there any good locations on the way or near Ribblehead for before sunset?

Thanks

Lots of places in Dentdale. Dent Station. Artengill Viaduct. Dent village itself.
If you can read a map there's a good ruined farmhouse at SD 78085 84172. Needs a bit of a hike but worth it when you get there.
Where the Dales Way goes East from Gearstones there is a good ford for catching the MTB gang coming flying down the hill and crossing it. You can get aerial shots from a bridge at the side of the ford.
All within easy distance of Riblehead. Unfortunately there are no steam trains scheduled for Saturday.

If you like to walk a path up Wernside starts just by the viaduct. If the weather's nice there are some good shots to be had on the way up.

Back