The Drone Photo and Video Thread

That's seriously good editing and music accompaniment it could easily be used for BBC country file into, next you will be up in Yorkshire and they will be buying the footage for a new Emmerdale intro ;)

That's seriously good editing and music accompaniment it could easily be used for BBC country file into, next you will be up in Yorkshire and they will be buying the footage for a new Emmerdale intro ;)

Thanks!

The camera is basically the same, Inspire is modular and a 'better' one is available to change to or soon will be.
Phantom has slightly longer flight time but is a little slower.

I was in two minds whether to do this as light had really almost gone with the last glimpse of the sun hidden in cloud - turned out better than expected.
A further complication was that I knew there was a strong wind pushing it away once above the trees - took much longer than expected to get home!

image.jpg

And another of the same from a different view,

Attachments

• DJI_0043.jpg
    DJI_0043.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 15
Interesting video from Iceland.
They seem to be using the POI and follow feature very effectively - plus some bold and skilful flying!

Due to the extreme brightness I ran with ND8 on for this - mainly to get the video shutter speed slower.,
But for photos it was a bit slow and there's a subtle colour cast - how does it look here corrected?
So crucial with snow scenes.
BTW the horizon isn't skewed it's a perspective effect (I hope!)

23767591383_091f154b5a_o.jpg

Last edited:
Snowy video from yesterday.
No problems at all running below freezing, flight time was 17 minutes and first battery warning just sounded at 30% when I came in.

Last edited:
This was for the local History group who wanted a shot with snow thawing to highlight the features better.
It's an Iron Age enclosure from about 300BC, it looks to me like it was gouged into pre-existing ancient field system - the faint cross hair effect.

26790188728_bbd5c85813_b.jpg

Back