Name
Steven
Edit My Images
Yes
I have just returned from an amazing holiday to Croatia, visiting The Old Town Dubrovnik and the Elaphiti Islands. I took my camera with me but I didn't take as many images as I would've liked.

This image was taken on top of Srd Mountain before sunset.The islands you can see are part of the Elaphiti Islands. The humidity was so high this night that after 10 seconds my filters were covered in water and steamed up.

View from Srd Mountain, Dubrovnik Old Town

by Steven Fergus, on Flickr

This was the view from the end of the corridor in our hotel on Lopud Island. The island was beautiful and the water was crystal clear along the shoreline. It's a panorama of 9 images stitched together.

Lopud Island

Sunset on Lopud Island. I had to leave my girlfriend in a restaurant on her own to take this :p

Sunset Beach

The sunset on this night was beautiful and I really wanted to smooth the water out to compliment the scene. I don't have a 10stop filter and ended up using 2 hard graduated filters (one upside down) to cut the exposure in the sky and water. It ended up casting a strong colour to the scene and by the time I was finished I missed the sunset. After the sun had set, I moved to this section of rock and captured this image with only the one filter on the sky. I got eaten alive by mosquitoes!

Sunset on Luka Sipanska

A great set of images capturing the area well, I like the last one especially, you have captured the colour and atmosphere well.

I had a holiday there in '12 and visited these islands. We stayed in nearby Cavtat and I loved it there and vowed to return, just haven't managed it yet!

Thanks folks!

A great set of images capturing the area well, I like the last one especially, you have captured the colour and atmosphere well.

I had a holiday there in '12 and visited these islands. We stayed in nearby Cavtat and I loved it there and vowed to return, just haven't managed it yet!

Thanks. It's beautiful isn't it! We stayed in the old town, Sipanska, Lopud and went on a day trip to Kolocep, probably the best holiday I've been on. I'd love to go back and see more of the mainland.

1 and 2 for me. Great holiday vibe to me.

re 1. lovely image but watch for a slight magenta casts in your sky. I observed this with an image you took a while ago. What filters are you using?

Thanks Steven! You're right there is a bit of a magenta cast now that I look at it. I usually use Cokin P soft grad filters but I bought a set of Hitech hard grads for the holiday and that's what I used in this image. I think it was an ND6. I'd love a set of Lee filters.

Nice set, the Lopud Island pano for me.....looks just like places I'd love to visit.

Thank you - You definitely should, it's beautiful :0

What is that dragon in the sky in your first photograph, it is just wonderful and the whole atmosphere of the landscape is to die for.

I love the foreground which has detail running into that great seascape. It is without doubt one of my best seen photographs for many a year.

Well done on a beautiful rendition.

Last edited:
Nice set, we spent our first anniversary in the hotel on Lopud for a week.
Beautiful island and lovely pictures.

That'll be the same hotel we stayed in for the last three nights of our trip, it was lovely!

@Steven001 The lee filters are worth the outlay, you can double stack them and they just don't cast. Its the only thing holding back (some) of your images from a technical stand point.

You're right, I will definitely invest in them at some point. The trouble is I would have to reduce my collection, I currently have 3 ND soft grads and 3 ND hard grads which would cost a fortune to buy from Lee.

What is that dragon in the sky in your first photograph, it is just wonderful and the whole atmosphere of the landscape is to die for.

I love the foreground which has detail running into that great seascape. It is without doubt one of my best seen photographs for many a year.

Well done on a beautiful rendition.

Thank for you much, that means a lot :)

Back