The eyes have it.

Name
Dave, Canada
Edit My Images
Yes
Guess I scared him a little with the lens so he pulled his legs in. How do you sneak up on a spider with 8 eyes.

DEA_3438.jpg

DEA_3433.jpg

Shield Bug
Bug%204-L.jpg

Last edited:
That first shot is rather nice

"How do you sneak up on a spider with 8 eyes."
Use ice to chill the subject.
Rink

How do you sneak up on a spider with 8 eyeys

Bug%204-L.jpg

DEA_3433.jpg

DEA_3438.jpg

The answer is, very slowly.
Now that pose of the shield bug is very nice, top stuff.
Dave, your new here, so what is your set-up please ?

Now that pose of the shield bug is very nice, top stuff.
Dave, your new here, so what is your set-up please ?

Thanks Graham. To answer your question I use one of 3 different setup. All with my Nikon D7200 and Nikon 85mm micro lens.

1- Most of the time I use the R1C1 Wireless Close-Up Speedlight System. But instead of the usual factory front of lens mount I use flexible arms to hold the two SB-R200's with added aftermarket diffusers. I do use the SU-800 Commander unit instead of the on-board camera commander option.
2- I also sometimes just use a Nikon SB-700 flash on the camera hot shoe with an 8 inch soft box diffuser.
3- Occasionally in bright sunlight I will just use what natural light is available.

R1C1 Wireless Speedlight system and long flexible arms and using the Nikon SU-800 Commander unit.
i-xCM6JH7.jpg

Basic softbox setup.
i-qm75MjQ.jpg

Thanks Graham. To answer your question I use one of 3 different setup. All with my Nikon D7200 and Nikon 85mm micro lens.

1- Most of the time I use the R1C1 Wireless Close-Up Speedlight System. But instead of the usual factory front of lens mount I use flexible arms to hold the two SB-R200's with added aftermarket diffusers. I do use the SU-800 Commander unit instead of the on-board camera commander option.
2- I also sometimes just use a Nikon SB-700 flash on the camera hot shoe with an 8 inch soft box diffuser.
3- Occasionally in bright sunlight I will just use what natural light is available.

R1C1 Wireless Speedlight system and long flexible arms and using the Nikon SU-800 Commander unit.
i-xCM6JH7.jpg

Basic softbox setup.
i-qm75MjQ.jpg
Thanks Dave, A nice set-up you have there and its a little different to see the RI not on the end of the lens (just wish I could afford it myself) Damn Nikon :mad:

By the time I would have set all that up the bug would have gone off for a tea break or a piddle if female,

Interesting setup have to say thanks for sharing

Thanks Dave, A nice set-up you have there and its a little different to see the RI not on the end of the lens (just wish I could afford it myself) Damn Nikon :mad:

One nice thing about the R1C1 setup is with the commander I can quickly tell my 2 flashes to fire just the left or right one, or even fire one at more or less output than the other.

Dave

Back