The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Yeah, that's it. The cable from the Samsung Galaxy doesn't fit the XT-1. It's a completely different shape. The cables that I have as micro(?) USB connectors that fit my 5D3 and other things don't fit the XT-1 either.

Canon use a Mini USB, not micro. Samsung (and other android) use micro

Just checked an assortment of Micro USB plugs in the X-T1 and they all fit. The X-Pro1 has a smaller USB socket though.

Thanks Nod. My Samsung android is nothing like a fit. I've got one on order from Amazon.

I'm intrigued as to which Samsung you have now?

The plug -in for tethering in Lightroom will hopefully be released at the beginning of May so at least you will have the lead in place before it comes.

I've got a Samsung Galaxy. Bought from Amazon UK. Managed to buy a second cable for it to use in the car no problem, so assumed it's a standard fitting. The connector looks like there are two micro bits side by side, if you can understand that?

What's this about a plug in for tethering? Is that just for the Fuji as I've been using tethered LR with my 5d3 today with no problems.

I've got a Samsung Galaxy. Bought from Amazon UK. Managed to buy a second cable for it to use in the car no problem, so assumed it's a standard fitting. The connector looks like there are two micro bits side by side, if you can understand that?

Which Samsung Galaxy?

What's this about a plug in for tethering? Is that just for the Fuji as I've been using tethered LR with my 5d3 today with no problems.

I think it's a Lightroom plugin.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and everything about it looks to be a genuine UK model.

The note 3 uses USB 3 which is why it is different,
And yes Fuji cannot shoot tethered at the moment. Hopefully news in the next week or so and hopefully can be done without purchasing their HS-V5 software.

Ah, thank you. That's solved a mystery and told me that I wouldn't have been able to do it anyway. At least I didn't get frustrated trying. I'll watch out for the news about this .

Many thanks.

Thanks Nod. My Samsung android is nothing like a fit. I've got one on order from Amazon.

The leads I tried included a Samsung one from my Galaxy Tab 3.

Just seen from your description that the lead you were trying to use is a USB3 one. Great for fast transfer to/from devices but sod all use for an X-T1!!!

Glad you're almost sorted, Frank.

I've been thinking of ordering a Meike MK-XT1 battery grip. I don't think I would use a battery grip very often but it would be handy for portraits with the 56mm.
Therefore ordering a Fuji one is an expense I can do without.

I don't suppose anyone else has got one yet but if someone does I would be interested on your views, or even the views of those that don't have one :)

The leads I tried included a Samsung one from my Galaxy Tab 3.

Just seen from your description that the lead you were trying to use is a USB3 one. Great for fast transfer to/from devices but sod all use for an X-T1!!!

Glad you're almost sorted, Frank.

Thanks Nod. I can't do what I wanted but at least I understand a lot more than I did.
You and the missus keeping well?

Who's first to take a plunge on the grip, always had 3rd party ones on my Canon cameras and they were fine.

I had an early Fuji one. The port door had a penchant for unlocking itself, swinging open, breaking the circuit and cutting all power to the camera at the most inoproriate times. if it wasn't for the battery retaining clip that would be away too and lost to the four cardinal points.

I've been thinking of ordering a Meike MK-XT1 battery grip. I don't think I would use a battery grip very often but it would be handy for portraits with the 56mm.
Therefore ordering a Fuji one is an expense I can do without.

I don't suppose anyone else has got one yet but if someone does I would be interested on your views, or even the views of those that don't have one :)

I've bit the bullet and ordered one. Don't usually like grips, but I've developed a shoulder problem which limits arm movement (including the ability to lift a pint) so we'll see. It's quite a long lead time - minimum 12 days - so I presume it's coming from the foreign.

......... but I've developed a shoulder problem which limits arm movement (including the ability to lift a pint) so we'll see. .......
Thats what straws are for :)

Was out a couple of days ago a quick walk around a local woods, bluebells a bit sparse and the area not the most attractive but I thought I would share anyway

Lens used on this was a 28mm f2.8 tokina, FD fit. Getting into using these legacy lenses, my 39-42 adapter arrived yesterday and I cant wait to give the Helios 44 a try.

DSCF9635.jpg by jakeblu, on Flickr

DSCF9632.jpg by jakeblu, on Flickr

Last edited:
So... Big GAS attack. Not really sure why. Can't decide on the 56 or the 50-140.

Difficult choice but ask yourself are you going to be shooting more portraits or other subjects ? This should influence your decision ? The 56 is lovely though......and fast !

Another question, what will i miss if i purchase the x-e2 over the x-t1 as a second body? Obviously having two identicle bodies would be preferable but there is a fair chunk of a difference between the two.

Thankyou please.

56 all the way. It's hardly any bigger than the 23 (never sure which is which when fumbling through my bag).

As for the X-E2, the viewfinder mainly, it's nice but not a patch on the X-T1. I thought about it as a second body for ages but just figured I would have GAS for another X-T1 down the line anyway.

Last edited:
Only one obvious answer David, If it's hard to choose between them you must need both.

Going back to your X-E2 question, the biggest problem I have when switching between the two is the different layout of the controls. Can never lay my finger on the Q button, or when lifting the X-T1 I'm trying to find the Fn button for the ISO. Just little things like that make it annoying and I would much rather have two bodies the same. Maybe the X-T10 will be a similar layout?

Back