The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Odd one,could you just switch to manual shutter at the wedding ? :)

Yep I will stick to Mechanical only just to be sure...although I really wanted the ES for the ceremony so I could shoot away without the vicar having any issues. I will try and do some testing in the next week (and will email Fuji), I've got a christening to shoot tomorrow so I will try and throw in some ES usage to see how that goes.

Right, @ukaskew how about this for some distortion? :D

I was walking at the time, not particularly quickly and the bloke was stood still. Beats yours, right? :D

See I told you the 23mm was a carp lens.

Loving this idea of a new style of shooting with the ES. Can't wait to try it myself.

Right, @ukaskew how about this for some distortion? :D

Electronic shutter, 1/20000, f2

I was walking at the time, not particularly quickly and the bloke was stood still. Beats yours, right? :D

Bloody hell, distortion alert, I thought that the Chris's were bad but yours are like from another dimension :eek:

Not used the electronic shutter yet but with resuts like that not sure I want to. Have you contacted Fuji?

Btw really enjoying your little box man set :)

Haha, it was the only one that it happened to. I have the camera set to MS & ES so most of them would have been took with the mechanical shutter i'm guessing. Might try setting it to just electronic and see what happens. I haven't contacted them, maybe i should. I have used it plenty before though and never had any issues. Will have to do some googling and some testing and see what i find. I was moving though where as Chris says he wasn't so I guess mine could be more understandable? Still, if it says 1/32000 electronic shutter then it should work in all circumstances i suppose.

Bloody Fuji and 23mm lens.

Righteo, a few more normal shots, nothing fancy though. Tried something different with a slow shutter but could i heck as like get the shot i wanted. Need a bus with more windows. :D

Nottingham
by David Raynham, on Flickr

Nottingham

Nottingham

A Normal Day

Clean Art

Cashing Out

Love the reflection in the Cashing Out shot David, and perhaps that was where the money was going to be spent. ;)

It would make sense to get distortion if you were moving because the capture time is much longer than the actual shutter speed.

For mine I was completely still and so was the subject, so in theory it should be fine.

Today I got banding at a christening in a totally naturally lit church, very odd. I know to switch it off in artificial light, so this surprised me a bit.

The weirdest thing just occurred to me, I shot 1451 frames on Saturday and didn't change the battery. Is that a record? It didn't even get to 'it's flashing red so will die any second'.

Just working through my static stuff, the Electronic Shutter has gone absolutely mental today, in very weird ways.

Perspective gone funny, particularly the car on the right...

rwm0km.jpg

Weird perspective thing at the front of the car...

242vfoz.jpg

I can't even begin to explain this one, it's turned it into a cartoon!

1z55e7c.jpg

Taken hundreds with it before with no issues, I'm very steady so unlikely to be movement during capture (although I can't explain it any other way)

Had the same issue over the weekend. What is weird is that only 1 image was affected with awful distortion while the rest are fine

What this camera like with kids running around ie CAF.

What lens a good starting point as torn between this and OMD em 1

Only ever use them on manual so may be taking the plunge.

Yep, me too. I have 2 (yes i know, 3 is better Colin) and the TX system and although i am still to use both at the same time I've no doubt that they'll be perfect for what i do at home. I do have a wedding to shoot in November though so i am considering buying a Nissin i40 so i can just use it in TTL and not have to worry.

Mine should be coming tomorrow. I am migrating to Fuji from Nikon so I have a nice bunch of kit on the way with oh so much to learn.

I'm looking for something to accompany my D800 but I'm reluctant to move purely back to primes, the 16-55 would broadly match my Tamron 24-70 so will be interested to see how you find it!

Back