The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

OK had to send the XT20 back to Park Cameras, because of the internal battery/capacitor problem. Fair play to Park they sorted it quickly. Just bought a used, excellent condition boxed XT2 for £699 from LCE, a bargain I think. Well, I'll know tomorrow.

Last edited:
On the way back from out trip to Suffolk we diverted to Flatford Mill. This is the site where Constable painted the Hay Wain (well he painted it in London, but the sketches were from here).

This is the current view from where the Hay Wain was painted...

Hay Wain by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

This is a shot taken a few steps to the right and lower down, where you get a great view up the river between the trees. That's not a halo around the tree tops on the right (had me fooled too); it's the tree flowering, and the white flowers give the impression of a halo.

Stour by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

And lastly, Bridge Cottage, which is next to the Mill House.

Flatford by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

It's a National Trust site, and I can't recommend it highly enough. It really is worth a visit, and the photography opportunities are numerous - shame I didn't do a better job!!

like the third photo , I think it would be even better if a bit was cropped of the bottom of pic.

On the way back from out trip to Suffolk we diverted to Flatford Mill. This is the site where Constable painted the Hay Wain (well he painted it in London, but the sketches were from here).

This is the current view from where the Hay Wain was painted...

Hay Wain by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

This is a shot taken a few steps to the right and lower down, where you get a great view up the river between the trees. That's not a halo around the tree tops on the right (had me fooled too); it's the tree flowering, and the white flowers give the impression of a halo.

Stour by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

And lastly, Bridge Cottage, which is next to the Mill House.

Flatford by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

It's a National Trust site, and I can't recommend it highly enough. It really is worth a visit, and the photography opportunities are numerous - shame I didn't do a better job!!

Love them Steve. It’s on my list...

OK had to send the XT20 back to Park Cameras, because of the internal battery/capacitor problem. Fair play to Park they sorted it quickly. Just bought a used, excellent condition boxed XT2 for £699 from LCE, a bargain I think. Well, I'll know tomorrow.
That's a bloody bargain that [emoji1360]

That's a result in my book Sir, "ENJOY".(y)

George.

LCE seem to price things inconsistently - there's a 5* one for £699.99 atm. More often you'd pay £900 for a 4*. I thought I did well at £800 a few months ago but you certainly scored there.

That's a great price. Doesn't help me if I want to PX one for an H1 though does it :(

LCE seem to price things inconsistently - there's a 5* one for £699.99 atm. More often you'd pay £900 for a 4*. I thought I did well at £800 a few months ago but you certainly scored there.
Mine is supposed to be a 5* I'll know for certain tomorrow. I was surprised at the price, nowhere else comes close.

That's a great price. Doesn't help me if I want to PX one for an H1 though does it :(
No, sorry, I suppose there might be a glut of XT2 with the release of the H1 but other places aren't reflecting that in their price. Park have an XT2 for £759 which I was going to buy until I saw the LCE one. Places like WEX and MPB are still much more expensive though. To be fair to WEX I find them the best on PX values, you could try there.

Your gain is my loss Steve. Im not currently in the market for an H1 anyway, just a GAS urge :rolleyes: I have decided to shoot a bit more landscape and not as much wildlife for a while, so the H1 isn't urgent.

You'll love the T2, it's the best camera I have ever had, merely because I want to go out and use it more often.

You can buy a new X-T2 body at Wex for under £900 at the moment. That might be why. £100 bonus on any P/X plus £270 off using their voucher code. That takes it from £1249 to £879. Is the X-T3 due? ;)

You can buy a new X-T2 body at Wex for under £900 at the moment. That might be why. £100 bonus on any P/X plus £270 off using their voucher code. That takes it from £1249 to £879. Is the X-T3 due? ;)
Interesting, other than a battered well used XT2, you can't buy a second hand one for that at WEX

Thank you fellow Fujigraphers.

As a result of seeing many fine Landscape Fujigraphs on this thread from the likes of people such as @Ian W @Jelster @ianmarsh @yamahatdm900 @Phiggys etc etc I've decided to try and get into a bit of Landscape photography which is something that's never really appealed to me in the past.

So there I was trying one or two things out at Dungeness when a guy with an American accent similar to mine approached me and started to ask me about my camera etc. At first I didn't look round but just responded to his conversation while taking my snaps. When I eventually looked round at the guy to chat with him I was absolutely stunned and speechless for a while but extremely pleased & happy to see him as he was to see me.

You see, this guy was my childhood buddy from school, and later became my co/plt for a time when we were both serving in the US Marines, he later went on to cpt his own chopper and a very good plt he was too. Unfortunately we lost touch a while after we left the Marines, and try as I may I just couldn't find him again.

To cut a long story short not only have I found my old buddy but he's living in the UK and has been for about eight years only a short distance from where my house is.

Sorry if this is all a bit boring for you but its made me one very happy guy. So a BIG BIG THANK YOU to you Landscape Fujigraphers that have inspired me to try this type of photography, because without your inspiration I probably would never have met up with my old buddy again.:banana::beer:(y)

George.

Last edited:
That’s a brilliant story George! Congratulations on your renewed friendship and the landscapes!

As a result of seeing many fine Landscape Fujigraphs on this thread from the likes of people such as @Ian W @Jelster @ianmarsh @yamahatdm900 @Phiggys etc etc I've decided to try and get into a bit of Landscape photography which is something that's never really appealed to me in the past.

So there I was trying one or two things out at Dungeness when a guy with an American accent similar to mine approached me and started to ask me about my camera etc. At first I didn't look round but just responded to his conversation while taking my snaps. When I eventually looked round at the guy to chat with him I was absolutely stunned and speechless for a while but extremely pleased & happy to see him as he was to see me.

You see, this guy was my childhood buddy from school, and later became my co/plt for a time when we were both serving in the US Marines, he later went on to cpt his own chopper and a very good plt he was too. Unfortunately we lost touch a while after we left the Marines, and try as I may I just couldn't find him again.

To cut a long story short not only have I found my old buddy but he's living in the UK and has been for about eight years only a short distance from where my house is.

Sorry if this is all a bit boring for you but its made me one very happy guy. So a BIG BIG THANK YOU to you Landscape Fujigraphers that have inspired me to try this type of photography, because without your inspiration I probably would never have met up with my old buddy again.:banana::beer:(y)

George.

Wow. What a result. Nice one George.

Sorry if this is all a bit boring for you but its made me one very happy guy. So a BIG BIG THANK YOU to you Landscape Fujigraphers that have inspired me to try this type of photography, because without your inspiration I probably would never have met up with my old buddy again.:banana:[emoji481](y)

George.
Now that's a story! Sounds like you should never have lost touch, George. Easier said than done to keep in touch with friends over long distances though (I've first hand experience of this too). Even better that they live so close to you!

Thanks for the mention also, delighted to know I may have had any influence at all on another photographer, no matter how small.

Ps
Where's your photo of Dungeness then? [emoji4]

Now that's a story! Sounds like you should never have lost touch, George. Easier said than done to keep in touch with friends over long distances though (I've first hand experience of this too). Even better that they live so close to you!

Thanks for the mention also, delighted to know I may have had any influence at all on another photographer, no matter how small.

Ps
Where's your photo of Dungeness then? [emoji4]

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate you takin' the time to reply.(y)

"Two of the Dungeness snaps have already been posted a few postings back, not up to your standard but hopefully I'll get there with practice"

George.

That’s a brilliant story George! Congratulations on your renewed friendship and the landscapes!

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate you takin' the time to reply.(y)

George.

Back