The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Finally got out to try the 35mm on the street at the Camberly car show, tricky to isolate people as it was so busy, so had to be a bit creative with framing, but really enjoyed it...

DSCF3031-Edit by Ash Smith, on Flickr

DSCF3033-Edit-Edit by Ash Smith, on Flickr

DSCF3043-Edit by Ash Smith, on Flickr

DSCF3049-Edit by Ash Smith, on Flickr

DSCF3055-Edit by Ash Smith, on Flickr

and had to take this for the window text if nothing else...

DSCF3070-Edit by Ash Smith, on Flickr
Ash, fabulous processing, I can imagine any of these blown up as large prints and would look brilliant, very arty/creative.

Wonderful photography Sir!

Regards;
Peter

XT1 iso query;

If you select iso 'L' (low) setting on the XT1 does it only capture JPEG only.......(no RAW) ?

Thanks;
Peter
I think that's the case on the X-T2, so would assume the same on the X-T1 also, Peter.

I'm sure it's because it's not a genuine sub-200 ISO but a trick of in body software. Do you really need an ISO that low?

Finally got out to try the 35mm on the street at the Camberly car show, tricky to isolate people as it was so busy, so had to be a bit creative with framing, but really enjoyed it...

DSCF3031-Edit by Ash Smith, on Flickr

DSCF3033-Edit-Edit by Ash Smith, on Flickr

DSCF3043-Edit by Ash Smith, on Flickr

DSCF3049-Edit by Ash Smith, on Flickr

DSCF3055-Edit by Ash Smith, on Flickr

and had to take this for the window text if nothing else...

DSCF3070-Edit by Ash Smith, on Flickr

Lovely shots and processing style. Very cool.

XT1 iso query;

If you select iso 'L' (low) setting on the XT1 does it only capture JPEG only.......(no RAW) ?

Thanks;
Peter

Yes. You don't get raws if you use H iso or any of the effects, panorama etc either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone seen Steve @Jelster ?

Hope he’s ok.

Hi Trev,

Thanks for your concern. I've been lurking, but not been up to getting out & about with the camera recently, although I did attend the open day at Morgan cars last weekend, and I did get out with the camera to WWT Barnes yesterday. I'm due a minor operation next week which will see me laid up for a week, so maybe I'll have time to process some of the photos I have taken.

I think I may have a problem with either my 100-400, or one of the bodies as shooting at long range the focus seems off. I have played with manual focus and it seems a bit better, so I'll have to swap the bodies and see what that produces, and then swap lenses on the No1 body to rule that out.

I have been keeping up to date though... Maybe I'm looking for a bit of inspiration.

Hi Trev,

Thanks for your concern. I've been lurking, but not been up to getting out & about with the camera recently, although I did attend the open day at Morgan cars last weekend, and I did get out with the camera to WWT Barnes yesterday. I'm due a minor operation next week which will see me laid up for a week, so maybe I'll have time to process some of the photos I have taken.

I think I may have a problem with either my 100-400, or one of the bodies as shooting at long range the focus seems off. I have played with manual focus and it seems a bit better, so I'll have to swap the bodies and see what that produces, and then swap lenses on the No1 body to rule that out.

I have been keeping up to date though... Maybe I'm looking for a bit of inspiration.

Steve. Good to hear from you. Hope your health issues are sorted quickly.
It’s interesting about your long lens problem.
Keep us informed

Just pressed the button on X-H1...

Just pressed the button on X-H1...

Not until I get back into work Trev, and it will be right at the top of the list. However, before work happens, we need to get the house sold and move. Pretty pointless looking for work around here when we're planning on moving 2-3 hours away....

Yesterday we spent the day visiting family up in Oban on the West coast of Scotland, an idyllic location.

Family

Family by APM Photography, on Flickr

XT1 - XF56mm - @ f/5.6 - Provia film simulation - iso 400

Beautifully taken image and one to be framed imo.

I agree, good stuff.

Finally got out and about with the 35mm f2 this afternoon. Good lord that thing is sharp. I know sharpness isn't everything, but still...

Thanks mate.

Yeah, it is tack sharp - I've had an slight issue when wide open where the autofocus has picked a strand of hair or similar and therefore the face has been OoF because the depth of field is razor thin, but that's more my issue than the lens!

Thanks mate.

Yeah, it is tack sharp - I've had an slight issue when wide open where the autofocus has picked a strand of hair or similar and therefore the face has been OoF because the depth of field is razor thin, but that's more my issue than the lens!
I love the 35mm f2. Wish I could say the same for the 23mm. I want that focal length but the f2 is palpably softer than the 1.4, which is a bit expensive and not weather-tolerant.

OK brain problem here.
I've turned on the wireless setting and inputted my network password.
so, when I turn on the camera the orange light flashes in the thumbrest.
Problem is , I cannot find how to turn it off?

Ultimate aim is wireless tethered shooting on ipad 2018, but I don't want the orange light flashing when I am not using this function.

X-T2. Firmware 4.10.

Help/advice appreciated.

I visited this beautiful building today located less than half a mile from us, Gean House, just outside Alloa close to Stirling.
Such a fabulous old building full of character, we're renewing our wedding vows here in September.

Gean House by APM Photography, on Flickr

XT1 - XF10-24mm - @ f/10 - tripod - iso 200

I visited this beautiful building today located less than half a mile from us, Gean House, just outside Alloa close to Stirling.
Such a fabulous old building full of character, we're renewing our wedding vows here in September.

Gean House by APM Photography, on Flickr

XT1 - XF10-24mm - @ f/10 - tripod - iso 200

You old romantic...that’s wonderful Pete.

You old romantic...that’s wonderful Pete.
Cheers Trevor, we were actually meant to be married in September last year when my illness kicked in (very inconsiderate) and got married in hospital last July (in case I wouldn't make it), taken advice from my medical Consultant.

So this September it's just renewing our vows in a relaxed manor with thirty five family and friends turning up on the day. More like a ceremony of my survival, unbelievable. It's a fantastic grounding exercise to be honest, I so enjoy every minute of my life! God's been good to me.

Thank you;
Peter

Cheers Trevor, we were actually meant to be married in September last year when my illness kicked in (very inconsiderate) and got married in hospital last July (in case I wouldn't make it), taken advice from my medical Consultant.

So this September it's just renewing our vows in a relaxed manor with thirty five family and friends turning up on the day. More like a ceremony of my survival, unbelievable. It's a fantastic grounding exercise to be honest, I so enjoy every minute of my life! God's been good to me.

Thank you;
Peter

Inspiring. Good luck to you both.

Another start trails effort, this time over the moon-lit 12th century Chiesa di Santa Croce in Podalla:
SkyTrailChurch by Ian, on Flickr

I'm not sure why there is a slight Morse code effect at the start of these trails - I will investigate

Yep another brilliant shot.

OK brain problem here.
I've turned on the wireless setting and inputted my network password.
so, when I turn on the camera the orange light flashes in the thumbrest.
Problem is , I cannot find how to turn it off?

Ultimate aim is wireless tethered shooting on ipad 2018, but I don't want the orange light flashing when I am not using this function.

X-T2. Firmware 4.10.

Help/advice appreciated.

for anyone else who has this problem the solution is to change the pc connection mode (in connection settings in spanner) to USB card.

Back