The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I put it down to the X-T3 :)

Not at all, it might be inspiring you to get out and shoot more because it's new, but the images are all you! It is your unique style too, not Eggleston's - even he was influenced by the likes Frank and Bresson, but he moulded that influence into his own unique style. I think you have yours too ;) have more faith in you!

Love the recent images btw, the cafe table keeps catching my eye

Called into Jessops today to drop off my tradein and they had a hands-on session with the X-T3 plus the new 8-16mm XF lens. Only £2k (!) or thereabouts... This was the only one in the country allegedly . It's wide! But as big and as heavy as my 16-55 and no filter thread.

Haha allegedly? There was one at a WEX touch and try yesterday too.

Glad you found one used.

I almost sold my regular 56/1.2 a few months back until LCE only offered me £400 for it....I rather keep it for that price, glad I did now the X-T2 is so cheap.

thanks. me too!

its considerably faster on the newer cameras that the x-t1 too. The standard 56mm is worth at least £500 used.

thanks. me too!

its considerably faster on the newer cameras that the x-t1 too. The standard 56mm is worth at least £500 used.

I had to haggle to get it even to £400. I bought it new from the same store, put the box away and the lens has been sat on my desk untouched for 9 months so I thought I sell it instead of being a paperweight. I'd get the X-T2 when its price used hit under £500 like the X-T1 did.

View attachment 135352

56mm apd finally arrived this morning. Looks good as new too. Quick snap with it of the other parcel that arrived today too.

Nice, I need to decide what to buy for my XT3. Head say buy a 16-55 to accompany my 14mm and maybe a manual prime for some length (Canon FD maybe)

Heart says I want another 23mm f1.4 though...

OK, it's down to the battery. Put a 126S battery in the camera and all CH options available up to 30fps.

Put a 126 non 's' in it and only option is 8fps. And then, even if you have an 's' battery in camera, if you add battery grip with plain old Fuji own 126, or 3rd party batteries in the grip, it reverts back to 8fps maximum!!!

Bizarre. I wonder if that's intended...

Contacted Fuji about this who confirmed its deliberate.

So, if you have the grip on the camera you need 3 x ‘s’ batteries to access anything above 8fps.

I had to haggle to get it even to £400. I bought it new from the same store, put the box away and the lens has been sat on my desk untouched for 9 months so I thought I sell it instead of being a paperweight. I'd get the X-T2 when its price used hit under £500 like the X-T1 did.
I’m in the market for a 56 if you want to move it on, I’m out of the UK until Tuesday, let me know if you want to sell.....cheers

Shooting pretty much street exclusively at the moment, but quite enjoying playing William Eggleston whilst i'm out there...

That is an absolutely stunning image, I am blown away by the inter-play of light, colour, and shapes, wow, keep going down this route.

Is anyome aware of any reports of over heating issues with xt-3?

I have been uo in Birmingham today for work sontook it along with me in case u had time for a wander. I have just stooped off at services on the way home and thought i would just review the s***s i took while taking a bit of time out from the drive. Taking the camera out the bag will be immediately noticed that the whole body was hot.

Straight away checked that I hadn't accidentally left itnturned on but it was off. The battery which was almost full has completely depleted. Have let the body coolmdown before putting it on charge, it seems to be working fine now but is a bit concerning!

30543778718_e808572064_b.jpg

Lo fi Fuji kit,
XT-1 and 50-230 @190mm

Not at all, it might be inspiring you to get out and shoot more because it's new, but the images are all you! It is your unique style too, not Eggleston's - even he was influenced by the likes Frank and Bresson, but he moulded that influence into his own unique style. I think you have yours too ;) have more faith in you!

Love the recent images btw, the cafe table keeps catching my eye

Thanks mate, very kind of you to say and yes, I feel like my "style" is developing. Even since I've started shooting street "seriously", I've found i'm refining what I am looking for on the streets and what makes the better shots for me.

Do any of you guys use a X-T2 for wildlife, if so how do you find it.

Really hearing good feedback on the XT-3 in regards to AF, low-light AF, Eye-AF and the sensors colour output / ISO /DR abilities.
Wonder if it’s close enough to FF in high-ISO wedding scenario’s.

Really hearing good feedback on the XT-3 in regards to AF, low-light AF, Eye-AF and the sensors colour output / ISO /DR abilities.
Wonder if it’s close enough to FF in high-ISO wedding scenario’s.

Considering the X-T2 was already good enough for weddings, I would think so. Hardly the most challenging conditions in the world, though the wedding togs would have us believe so

Considering the X-T2 was already good enough for weddings, I would think so. Hardly the most challenging conditions in the world, though the wedding togs would have us believe so
I guess from my point of view, I am just spoiled by full-frame and the technical specifications of the Sony's (Eye-AF etc) however the Fuji system is hard to ignore. :)

I guess from my point of view, I am just spoiled by full-frame and the technical specifications of the Sony's (Eye-AF etc) however the Fuji system is hard to ignore. :)

My camera has eye AF, I think I used it once, not sure ... :D

I'm attracted by the XT3 too, I personally don't see the huge leap from the XT2 everyone is claiming, but that's ok, it'll make the XT2 a proper bangin' bargain very soon. Keep shipping them off to the used dealers, they'll eventually get fed up and off them for £400 :LOL:

My camera has eye AF, I think I used it once, not sure ... :D

I'm attracted by the XT3 too, I personally don't see the huge leap from the XT2 everyone is claiming, but that's ok, it'll make the XT2 a proper bangin' bargain very soon. Keep shipping them off to the used dealers, they'll eventually get fed up and off them for £400 :LOL:
I was attracted to the Fuji XT-2 in the past and made the move from Sony once before, however when I used it at a wedding it fell short in some key area's regardless of what reviews said about it being good at AF-C etc.
I would be lying if I said the Fuji XT-3 hasn't sparked my interest in Fuji again, luckily I hardly lost anything on both my old Sony and Fuji kit on resale so it wasn't a costly exercise. :)

But depending on what setup you need, the Sony might end up being better value with the added bonus of having a full-frame sensor, better face/eye-AF. AF-C and ISO/DR abilities.... for £450 more......

Fuji XT-3 - £1349
Fujinon 56mm f1.2 - £789
Total = £2138

vs

Sony A7 III - £1999
Sony FE 85mm f1.8 - £589
£2588

Last edited:
I was attracted to the Fuji XT-2 in the past and made the move from Sony once before, however when I used it at a wedding it fell short in some key area's regardless of what reviews said about it being good at AF-C etc.
I would be lying if I said the Fuji XT-3 hasn't sparked my interest in Fuji again, luckily I hardly lost anything on both my old Sony and Fuji kit on resale so it wasn't a costly exercise. :)

Was that pre-firmware 4? It's apparently improved in many ways since, with many saying it's like a new camera. But, if you need faster and have the moolah then why not the 3?

I would want the grip, [enjoyed the T1 more so with the grip attached] which puts the 3 at too high a price for me right now, where I can get a 2 plus grip plus lens for cheaper.

Last edited:
Was that pre-firmware 4? It's apparently improved in many ways since, with many saying it's like a new camera. But, if you need faster and have the moolah then why not the 3?

I would want the grip, [enjoyed the T1 more so with the grip attached] which puts the 3 at too high a price for me right now, where I can get a 2 plus grip plus lens for cheaper.
Yes I think it was pre-firmware 4, I only had it for about 8 months and then moved back to the more costly Sony system........ there is just something about the Fuji system which attracts me from time to time. :)

Yes I think it was pre-firmware 4, I only had it for about 8 months and then moved back to the more costly Sony system........ there is just something about the Fuji system which attracts me from time to time. :)

Same here, the T1 is the only camera I 'missed' over the years. At the time the T2 and grip were out of reach, it was triple the cost of the T1 + grip. Now you can get the T2 grip for 1/3 the price used, same with the camera - almost. I'm in no rush though, and the prices will only go down

Yes I went for the silver as liked it on my X-T20 so much, the bloke said Jessops delivery can be between 9.30am and 4pm so I really hope it is today as then I have the weekend to suss some of it out.

Gah! I hate when they give delivery times like that, you wait in all day and then they cancel [happened to me only last Friday, but that was due to the storm] The Silver looks well cool, it stands out a bit more in a crowd but it's got style. Hope it arrives for you, I know the feeling, it's like waiting for Christmas as a kid when we order new gear :D

Gah! I hate when they give delivery times like that, you wait in all day and then they cancel [happened to me only last Friday, but that was due to the storm] The Silver looks well cool, it stands out a bit more in a crowd but it's got style. Hope it arrives for you, I know the feeling, it's like waiting for Christmas as a kid when we order new gear :D

Even though I`ve got a banging saw head from last nights gig in town and too much booze, I`d still go and get it today if it arrives plus I do feel like a big kid waiting for his new toy.

Back