The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Anybody struggling with waxy skin in Lightroom from the XT3 RAW files?

I just don't like the way its handling the files..

Can anyone help. Considering telephoto zoom.
I want to know which is fastest focusing. 50-140 or 55-200
Actually I’ll be using it on H1 but thought I might get a better response in here.

Bit of a test shot, with my ball and lights, but quite liked it ... Daughters hands, and only a couple of minutes taken, so she was ok with that ;)

Ball of Dreams by Paulie-W, on Flickr
Love this shot excellent lighting and great execution (y)

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at London Trafalgar Square UK of a guy with his guitar doing a bit of street playing.

X-T2, 18-55mm Lens, 1/180th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Muso (25) (C)-03185C by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking.,(y):fuji:

George.

Excellent capture once again George (y)

Actually I’ll be using it on H1 but thought I might get a better response in here.
I’ve had both. Without a doubt, the 50-140. That was on the X-Pro2.

Very nice set of Fujigraphs, particularly liking the first one.(y)

George.
Thank you George, I have a few more to process, I enjoy low light photography a lot, still experimenting. I shot in jpg + RAW using Acros this time, very different experience in the EVF, easier to concentrate on highlights and shadows but not convinced I could do it full time that way.

50-140 is superb Trev, i've had both, 55-200 focus speed is decent in good light but the 50-140 shines when you need to drop that shutter speed, I think 95% of my shots have been at f2.8

I’ve had both. Without a doubt, the 50-140. That was on the X-Pro2.

50-140 is superb Trev, i've had both, 55-200 focus speed is decent in good light but the 50-140 shines when you need to drop that shutter speed, I think 95% of my shots have been at f2.8

Thanks very much. I guess it’s what I expected to hear.
Spending on this would mean I’d definitely not have enough money to go full frame Mirrorless (I know I don’t need it)

I’m lucky enough to have both at the moment, and while the 55-200mm is certainly no slouch with focus speed particularly on the X-H1 the 50-140mm is a bit quicker. Personally I very seldom use the 50-140mm unless I really need the constant F2.8 aperture, prefering the 55-200mm for its longer reach and less weight etc. The 50-140mm is marginally sharper at each compared aperture but for me not enough to be concerned about as the 55-200mm is very sharp at F5.6 & F8 these being the apertures that I like to shoot most of my snaps at.(y)

Hope this helps.,

George.

Thanks very much. I guess it’s what I expected to hear.
Spending on this would mean I’d definitely not have enough money to go full frame Mirrorless (I know I don’t need it)
What would you gain, in real-world terms, by going ff? Not knocking it, just wondering.

What would you gain, in real-world terms, by going ff? Not knocking it, just wondering.

Stephen, the only/main reason for considering returning to full frame is cleaner images at high ISO. Fair enough, I probably only need it for the coming holiday season. I like to snap the grandchildren and visitors indoors. although with my selection of fast Fuji primes I can still get perfectly acceptable results.

I guess its more GAS than anything else.

Stephen, the only/main reason for considering returning to full frame is cleaner images at high ISO. Fair enough, I probably only need it for the coming holiday season. I like to snap the grandchildren and visitors indoors. although with my selection of fast Fuji primes I can still get perfectly acceptable results.

I guess its more GAS than anything else.
Would the stabilisation properties of the XH1 allowing lower shutter speeds mitigate some of those issues? It could mean a reduction in your GAS bill. :D

Would the stabilisation properties of the XH1 allowing lower shutter speeds mitigate some of those issues? It could mean a reduction in your GAS bill. :D

Possibly. But often my targets are moving.

Back