The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Out and about with the X-T2 yesterday afternoon. After this I went and tried some high ISO on the mean streets of Oxford after dark. Seemed to go fairly well, but haven't reviewed the results properly yet.

I had to push the ISO to 400 to get a 1/30 exposure here but I can't see that the quality suffered much, even viewing 1:1. X-T2 is a pleasure to use, just a few muscle memories to redo :)

Still waters
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Nice Fujigraph, well composed with good colour & detail.(y)

George.

Christmas Greetings Guys,

Can I ask if anyone has got or used the 18-135mm? How sharp is it and what we’re/are you thoughts on it?

TIA

Andy

Christmas Greetings Guys,

Can I ask if anyone has got or used the 18-135mm? How sharp is it and what we’re/are you thoughts on it?

TIA

Andy
I had one a few years ago and used it extensively on a trip to Italy and holidays in the UK with the XT-1, very versatile, pretty sharp to my eyes, a pleasure to use

Some images on my flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/petedownham/

From my high-ISO-by-night street test a couple of days ago. It's gone a bit painterly from the street lamps but I don't mind that at all. Don't think I would print it larger than A3 tops but that's not a bad result for "rather underexposed at ISO 3200".

Dichotomies
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Hi all,
As I no longer have my XT2 and am still undecided on the XH1 or XT3, I thought one of you may benefit from The Fujifilm X-T2 12 X-pert tips book.

It's Christmas (Well was and now the New Year is upon us,) I will pass it onto the first person to comment. FOC of course. It's a great read and a nice book to have handy by your side whilst you get to grips with your X-T2.

Happy New Year all,
Nick

Hi all,
As I no longer have my XT2 and am still undecided on the XH1 or XT3, I thought one of you may benefit from The Fujifilm X-T2 12 X-pert tips book.

It's Christmas (Well was and now the New Year is upon us,) I will pass it onto the first person to comment. FOC of course. It's a great read and a nice book to have handy by your side whilst you get to grips with your X-T2.

Happy New Year all,
Nick

This is actually on my amazon wish list ...

Hi all,

Happy New Year all,
Nick

I was about to purchase that version. :)

It’s yours if you want it Paul

Yes please, Nick ... Really nice gesture, thank you (y)

Have you decided on what it`ll be, are are you torn between the two still?

Yes please, Nick ... Really nice gesture, thank you (y)

Have you decided on what it`ll be, are are you torn between the two still?

I have the XT3 currently but have 10 days left to return it under Wex’ returns policy. I bought an XH1 and played with it but sent it straight back. I just think I was a little hasty so may send the XT3 back, give an XH1 a fairer crack of the whip and make a more informed decision.
Plus Wex are doing an XT3 and grip for £100 more than I paid for a used body only!
PM me your details mate and I’ll post the book off after New Years Day :)

Last edited:
I have the XT3 currently but have 10 days left to return it under Wex’ returns policy. I bought an XH1 and played with it but sent it straight back. I just think I was a little hasty so may send the XT3 back, give an XH1 a fairer crack of the whip and make a more informed decision.
Plus Wex are doing an XT3 and grip for £100 more than I paid for a used body only!

When I tried the H1, it just didn`t feel right in my hands, so put it down pretty fast. The T2 was a bit of a Goldilocks, and seemed right. My fingers fell on to the buttons so to speak.

PM incoming :)

When I tried the H1, it just didn`t feel right in my hands, so put it down pretty fast. The T2 was a bit of a Goldilocks, and seemed right. My fingers fell on to the buttons so to speak.

PM incoming :)
I actually liked the ergonomics as my hands are large, I was struggling with using “older” tech to the T3. Who knows, probably GAS anyway!

I actually liked the ergonomics as my hands are large, I was struggling with using “older” tech to the T3. Who knows, probably GAS anyway!

PMSL @ Older tech ... you geek ;)

Bloody annoying isn’t it, Fujifilm are a joke when it comes to setting margins and retail prices. At least Sony are consistently overpriced !!!

I’ve got a genuine Fuji metal hand grip I’ve acquired, will let you know how good or bad it is when it arrives.

Bloody annoying isn’t it, Fujifilm are a joke when it comes to setting margins and retail prices. At least Sony are consistently overpriced !!!
I’m starting realise that now!

@NickTB ..... don’t suppose you would be Interested in a trade for your XT3 with my Olympus OM-D EM1 MKII and my 12-100mm f4?

I’ve got a genuine Fuji metal hand grip I’ve acquired, will let you know how good or bad it is when it arrives.

I got one of those on my T2. Really like it, and the fact that the whole bottom is an arca mount. Makes the camera so much easier to hold on to.

Ridiculous right? That’s how we buy into these companies. Crazy

Yup, but for now the T2 does everything I need it to. Maybe a T4 in a few years ;)

I got one of those on my T2. Really like it, and the fact that the whole bottom is an arca mount. Makes the camera so much easier to hold on to.

Mine is an eBay special but I agree. And for landscape, having my camera fit the tripod mount in both landscape and portrait is a no-brainer.

Back