The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Hmm, just checked out eglobal and reviews are very poor - another Simply Electronics!!
I have spent well over £10K at E Infinity and had no issues whatsoever. I've never used E Global.

I've used e-infin and they were fine. I returned a lens within the specified time period, no bother.

X-T3 + XF90mm f2 yesterday, Debs is a great friend from the music hall 1st image as she asked if I`d take some shots of her as she is off to live and work in Melbourne Australia so glad I have some of these as will miss her. Then it was Natalie.

Debs by Dave, on Flickr

In Full Song by Dave, on Flickr

Natalie by Dave, on Flickr

While I was out I took a hand held Focus bracket, setting the camera to 6 shots, step of 5 and zero interval. it was very murky. Exposure was 1/35 sec At F5.6 ISO 200 18mm on 18-55 lens. That was - 1.3 stops compensation so as not to burn out the sky.
I focused on the yellow bush, it reached infinity in three shots, (so it only took three exposures out of the six set.)
At least I know it is doable now.
yellow-web.jpg

Jonasraski Reveiw Link I will have a good think on whether to get this lens or not as imo it`s a great focal length.

It is certainly very attractive as a general purpose walk about lens, covering the equivalent of 24mm to 120mm that is if F4 is enough for you.
I would love to see some real world results and lens test data. I might be interested in a used one at some point.

It is certainly very attractive as a general purpose walk about lens, covering the equivalent of 24mm to 120mm that is if F4 is enough for you.
I would love to see some real world results and lens test data. I might be interested in a used one at some point.

Agree it would be great as a walk about lens, shame it`s not a Red Badge though and f4 might be fine with me also agree on seeing some more images it can put out. If it does prove to be a good/great lens it will be out for my birthday so a treat might be in store :cool:

Having a play with Silver Efex Pro 2, i'm finding Acros a little sterile lately..... didn't quite nail focus, they turned the bloody lights right down last night and I couldn't get close enough with the 23 1.4 so had to use the 16-55, that's my excuse anyway.

Dave-12 by Pete Downham Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
Anyone used the 50-230... had originally discounted this lens but getting this rather than the 55-200 saves a fair bit. Occasionally had the 70-200 on Nikon (2.8 & 4) but sold them as rarely used, so most of the time I didn't have that range. I did though have Tamron 150-600, 300mm f4 and the 200-500 f5.6 for aircraft and this is where this lens will be used most of the time. 100-400 out of budget for me at the moment as other lenses will get more use. The speed is not a concern, as normally shoot at f8-f11 to get the right shutter speed and normally only go when nice and sunny!

Anyone used the 50-230... had originally discounted this lens but getting this rather than the 55-200 saves a fair bit. Occasionally had the 70-200 on Nikon (2.8 & 4) but sold them as rarely used, so most of the time I didn't have that range. I did though have Tamron 150-600, 300mm f4 and the 200-500 f5.6 for aircraft and this is where this lens will be used most of the time. 100-400 out of budget for me at the moment as other lenses will get more use. The speed is not a concern, as normally shoot at f8-f11 to get the right shutter speed and normally only go when nice and sunny!

I use to have the 50-230mm and think it is a very under rated light weight lens, got many great shots using it at the local airshow.

Jonasraski Reveiw Link I will have a good think on whether to get this lens or not as imo it`s a great focal length.
I'm looking forward to getting this to replace my 18-55. Since moving from Canon 2 years ago, I have missed having the range of the 24-105 as my go-to lens. This will do the trick nicely, thank you.

Hi Guys,

Excluding the Fuji 80mm Macro lens and tubes, what other Macro lens would you pair with the Fuji X-series camera’s and with what adapter?

Cheers

Andy

I use to have the 50-230mm and think it is a very under rated light weight lens, got many great shots using it at the local airshow.

The XC50 230 punches well above it's weight. It is a very Sharp lens indeed. Don't be fooled by it's price.

sigma 105mm f2.8 with the fringer adapter.

This, or the later versions of the Tamron 90mm VC 2.8 if you want closer to the 80mm FL for portraits and general purpose. Been thinking on one myself, already got the adapter.

Hi Guys,

Excluding the Fuji 80mm Macro lens and tubes, what other Macro lens would you pair with the Fuji X-series camera’s and with what adapter?

Cheers

Andy

I have an ancient Pentax screw mount 50 F4 macro used with a cheapo eBay adapter. It is sharp and functions just fine in manual mode.

I have an ancient Pentax screw mount 50 F4 macro used with a cheapo eBay adapter. It is sharp and functions just fine in manual mode.

I had similar in the old Canon FD 50mm f/3.5 macro, lovely lens if you don't mind MF - which is fine for macro. It is a lot cheaper to go the 'dumb' adapter route for sure, but it's nice to have AF for other uses too.

I had similar in the old Canon FD 50mm f/3.5 macro, lovely lens if you don't mind MF - which is fine for macro. It is a lot cheaper to go the 'dumb' adapter route for sure, but it's nice to have AF for other uses too.

yeah there lenses double up as excellent portrait lenses too.

yeah there lenses double up as excellent portrait lenses too.

Only issue might be how well the Tamron lenses adopt, jonneymendoza told me the one he had - the latest Tamron 90mm VC, didn't adapt very well to Sony. I was looking to buy at the time. But the fringer is not the MC-11, it might be different on here.

Last nights impromptu visit to Port Edgar almost got called off for rain, it was literally hammering down! Thankfully at the last minute the clouds parted, the rain stopped and and the sun popped below the cloud cover long enough to get out the car and set up this shot. It's a shame about the netting on show in the shot but not much I can do about it either.

The Forth Bridges by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

Last nights impromptu visit to Port Edgar almost got called off for rain, it was literally hammering down! Thankfully at the last minute the clouds parted, the rain stopped and and the sun popped below the cloud cover long enough to get out the car and set up this shot. It's a shame about the netting on show in the shot but not much I can do about it either.

Superb image, nothing more to say!

Really like that !!!

Can somebody explain what these are all about, and why you would use them?

https://www.fujirumors.com/stc-opti...s-deal-and-gfx-clip-filters-coming-september/

I understand the concept of putting a filter before the lens, but surely it's too fidiley to do in the field if you need to make changes?

With my shaky hand it is positively foolish.
I can't see them being used by general photographers as the risk if smudges and dust bunnies are far too high.
Astro photographers are going to be finding far more less than heavenly bodies in their images.

Hi Guys,

Cheers

Andy

I bought the Samyang 100mm f2.8. Nice sharp ens and pure macro.

Back