The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Last one, (I promise!), from my wander around Talacre the other day. A little bit of morning sunshine..

..and my first image edited using only C1.

Talacre
by Jason, on Flickr

Great light ... Nice one (y)

I (stupidly stupidly) thought my "all singing/all dancing" Nikon system would have out performed the Fuji X system, how WRONG was I.....!!!!

Looking to sell/trade/swap my Nikon system back to the fabulous Fooji X camp when I return from holiday this weekend.

For me the Nikon cannot produce the goods colour wise against the Fuji files (raw/jpg), simple as that.

Think I'll start my search for a X-Pro1 body and follow on from that platform as I ADORE the output files.

Peter

I wondered why you swapped. You always got great results from your pro 1 set up

I woke to find a perfect spider's web in my garden. Not often I am up early enough to find one in such good condition, just a shame there was no dew. Fuji XT-2 and 90mm from far enough away I could be sure I could get back to the house and lock the door should the spider have made a lunge for me.

Web I by Ian, on Flickr

Love this shot.

First digit year, second digit quarter, ie 64 would be Q4 of 2016
That doesn't work for mine as my 50-140 starts with 85 and my X-E3 starts 8A. The 8 being 2018 makes sense but the second digit can't correspond to a quarter.

That doesn't work for mine as my 50-140 starts with 85 and my X-E3 starts 8A. The 8 being 2018 makes sense but the second digit can't correspond to a quarter.
Do a Google search, Fuji use a lot of numbers/letters for the quarter. I checked mine oddly enough last night as it starts 56, so made in 2015 and 2nd quarter, not 6th :), although in a way I suppose it is.

Reactions: Kei
2st digit/letter = Quarter:
I quarter = 1, 5, A, S, E, J, N
II quarter = 2, 6, B, T, F, K, P
III quarter = 3, 7, C, U, G, L, Q
IV quarter = 4, 8, D, W, H, M, R

There we go, so my XE-3 & 50-140 are 1st quarter of 2018.

I kinda was, but after much consideration, I opted for the 55-200 instead, as the 16-80 covered what I already have in primes. GAS, but only light ;)
I only got my X-T3 a couple of weeks ago too and was so set in my mind that I am waiting for the 16-80, but now you have thrown this into the mix! I was going to just have the 16-80 and my Tamron 100-400 and that is it... now in a quandary

I only got my X-T3 a couple of weeks ago too and was so set in my mind that I am waiting for the 16-80, but now you have thrown this into the mix! I was going to just have the 16-80 and my Tamron 100-400 and that is it... now in a quandary

Oops, sorry `bout that ;) But in all honesty, if I didn`t have the primes, I would have been soley tempted (pending hands on reviews etc) with the 16-80 :)

Testing for my daughters A Level media project on movie posters "The Last Witch" ... which we were scouting yesterday afternoon. She has to produce about four in various guises (dick covers etc). But I knida liked this view point, even though she wasn`t dressed up for it yet.

T2 23mm 1.4 @f3.2 with a fair amount of PS ;)
test1 by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Hi

I have another beginner question.

After a shooting session, how do you copy photos from your camera to your PC. Do you connect the camera to the PC via USB cable or do you put the SD card into the PC (or card reader) and copy direct from the card?

It strikes me that copying direct from the card (in the PC) is quicker, but is there more potential for files being corrupted?

Also, do you guys delete images from the card in camera or when the card is in the PC?

Finally, once a card is full, and you have backed up your images, do you keep the card as a ‘master’ and use a new card (expensive!) or do you reformat the card and reuse it? If so, is there a practical limit to how many times you can keep reformatting the SD card?

Cheers

Hi

After a shooting session, how do you copy photos from your camera to your PC. Do you connect the camera to the PC via USB cable or do you put the SD card into the PC (or card reader) and copy direct from the card?

It strikes me that copying direct from the card (in the PC) is quicker, but is there more potential for files being corrupted?

Also, do you guys delete images from the card in camera or when the card is in the PC?

Finally, once a card is full, and you have backed up your images, do you keep the card as a ‘master’ and use a new card (expensive!) or do you reformat the card and reuse it? If so, is there a practical limit to how many times you can keep reformatting the SD card?

Cheers

I use the USB, years ago I damaged a memory card putting it in my computer, so now I use the USB option. On copying to my compouter, the images are automatically backed up to my NAS drive (mirrored), so once they are on the computer there are 3 copies of them. Periodically I backup my photo folder to a fireproof/waterproof USB drive, I know this is a bit extreme, but its just what I do!!!

Always reformat in camera, before I go out shooting.

Hi

Cheers
I use a card reader but have used USB previously. I feel the card reader is faster.

Hi

Cheers
When I'm at home using my desktop I remove the card and use the card reader, when I'm on the road I use the USB lead straight to the camera from my laptop. I prefer to remove the card, as I shoot raw to one card and jpeg to the other - importing direct from the camera imports both.

I format the card, in camera after I have imported and backed up my shots. One of the SD cards I use (for jpeg backups) has been in use for over 10 years, being reformatted every time I use the camera and is still going strong.

Hi

Cheers
I've been removing the card from the camera and using a card reader for the last 16 years. Not had an issue doing it this way yet. Once I've copied the contents of the card and backed that up to my server, I usually just delete the entire contents of the card in windows rather than format. I also only use relatively small cards to reduce the loss in should a card fail. The biggest cards I have are 32GB which minimises the potential loss should a card fail. (I still get near 500 raws from my D810 on one) In cameras with dual slots, I always shoot with one being a backup.

In all this time, I've only ever had 3 card failures where 2 occurred in camera whilst out shooting. The 3rd was a card that I only used with my laptop. IIRC, they were all kingston cards, 2x CF and 1x SD. Thankfully I've only ever lost two images in total and they replaced the cards without any quibble. Lexar and sandisk are my preferred choice as I'm yet to have one fail.

Testing for my daughters A Level media project on movie posters "The Last Witch" ... which we were scouting yesterday afternoon. She has to produce about four in various guises (dick covers etc). But I knida liked this view point, even though she wasn`t dressed up for it yet.

T2 23mm 1.4 @f3.2 with a fair amount of PS ;)
test1 by Paulie-W, on Flickr

”Excellent” Fujigraph, with a really good atmoshere.

George.

When I'm at home using my desktop I remove the card and use the card reader, when I'm on the road I use the USB lead straight to the camera from my laptop. I prefer to remove the card, as I shoot raw to one card and jpeg to the other - importing direct from the camera imports both.

I format the card, in camera after I have imported and backed up my shots. One of the SD cards I use (for jpeg backups) has been in use for over 10 years, being reformatted every time I use the camera and is still going strong.

:plus1: to that.

George.

”Excellent” Fujigraph, with a really good atmoshere.

George.
Thank you, George :)
It's only around the corner from me too, which is a bonus. Just need a bit of fog or mist for the others now ;)

Back