The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Don't know about the pro 3 but the pro 2 is a league above the t series for build quality.

It remains to be seen if the xt3 can take the same images as it doesn't focus anywhere near -6 EV. Something that seems to be overlooked by a lot of people. Perhaps a firmware update could fix that, but otherwise that's a considerable advantage.
I can see me getting a XP2 on down the line, I love/adore that 'rangefinder' style/design of stealth/sleek body stuff, and I'm a left eye shooter.

Peter

Taken delivery of the Crane 3 gimbal today, and I have the focus / zoom motors coming tomorrow. I'll be having a play with this over the next week or so and will put up a video if anyone is interested. I'll be using the X-H1 as the T3 is still suffering issues with high F stops and focus hunting, we are awaiting a FW update to fix this.

If the pro2 now has fw v5, do we think there might be something in the pipe line for the T2?

Very pretty Jason, as stated already, very painterly indeed. Which Fooji film simulation did you use for this superb capture...?...Astia by chance...?

Regards;
Peter

Thanks Peter. It was just taken with the ‘standard’ setting, imported and edited in Capture One and then a couple of tweaks in PS. I must use the film simulations more tbh. I use the b&ws quite a bit but the colour ones not often enough.

Any recommendations for a compact lightweight travel tripod for the X-T3?

I’ve got a Manfrotto Befree, the aluminium one with the lever type leg locks. I’ve been happy enough with it. It straps to my camera bag easily and fits in a suitcase if flying. I used it with my D750 when I was a Nikon owner, the Fuji kit is obviously a lot lighter. The only thing it lacks, although it’s never bothered me, is a hook on the base of the centre column.

Any recommendations for a compact lightweight travel tripod for the X-T3?
I use a manfrotto 190 Go carbon, lightweight solid and compact, one for sale at Harrison’s used for £200. Nice solid tripod. Used to have a Manfrotto 55 CX, but it was quite a lump to carry.

I’ve got a Manfrotto Befree, the aluminium one with the lever type leg locks. I’ve been happy enough with it. It straps to my camera bag easily and fits in a suitcase if flying. I used it with my D750 when I was a Nikon owner, the Fuji kit is obviously a lot lighter. The only thing it lacks, although it’s never bothered me, is a hook on the base of the centre column.
I use a manfrotto 190 Go carbon, lightweight solid and compact, one for sale at Harrison’s used for £200. Nice solid tripod. Used to have a Manfrotto 55 CX, but it was quite a lump to carry.
I have a MeFoto Globetrotter (ali version), and am really happy with it. One leg can unscrew to use as a monopod too, should it be needed. Small light ish, and pretty sturdy. WEX have a used carbon one for sale (open box).
https://www.wexphotovideo.com/mefot...MI2PG64N-65QIVScreCh0Q7wI9EAYYAiABEgIl4PD_BwE
Great thank you, appreciate this. I will look at these.

I was supposed to go there today, but a family thing got in the way. Any good?
Not really, the usual manufacturers stands with some deals, Fujifilm had a small stand with nothing of interest. Managed to escape without buying anything.

Not really, the usual manufacturers stands with some deals, Fujifilm had a small stand with nothing of interest. Managed to escape without buying anything.

Looks like I dodged a bullet there then!

New convert to the Fuji X system here! I was up at the Cameraworld show yesterday and picked up an X-T3 and the 18-55. It was a good deal and included a free battery grip. There is also £90 cashback and a £100 trade-in bonus to come from Fuji as I traded in a Nikon D40X that has been sitting on the shelf at home for a few years.

First impressions? I love the build quality and the way it feels in the hand, but I can see it is going to take a while getting used to it after 12 years of Nikon.

New convert to the Fuji X system here! I was up at the Cameraworld show yesterday and picked up an X-T3 and the 18-55. It was a good deal and included a free battery grip. There is also £90 cashback and a £100 trade-in bonus to come from Fuji as I traded in a Nikon D40X that has been sitting on the shelf at home for a few years.

First impressions? I love the build quality and the way it feels in the hand, but I can see it is going to take a while getting used to it after 12 years of Nikon.

I came from Nikon, and surprisingly found it a very easy transition (y)

Still waiting for a misty morning to go to the woods, so I went on Saturday in the pouring rain instead - it's the next best thing! Last time I went here I took the 35mm f/2, but I found I was having to stitch a lot (limited room to back up without other stuff getting in shot) so this time I took the 10-24 f/4 intending that it would mostly be used at 24mm, and the 35mm as a backup. This worked out pretty well, and the 35mm never left my bag. It makes me think about the 23mm f/2, but realistically I doubt I'll often want to shoot wider than f/4 in woodland, and I doubt there's a noticeable difference in IQ.

Glisten
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Still waiting for a misty morning to go to the woods, so I went on Saturday in the pouring rain instead - it's the next best thing! Last time I went here I took the 35mm f/2, but I found I was having to stitch a lot (limited room to back up without other stuff getting in shot) so this time I took the 10-24 f/4 intending that it would mostly be used at 24mm, and the 35mm as a backup. This worked out pretty well, and the 35mm never left my bag. It makes me think about the 23mm f/2, but realistically I doubt I'll often want to shoot wider than f/4 in woodland, and I doubt there's a noticeable difference in IQ.

Glisten
by David Hallett, on Flickr

The 23 F2 would only make a difference to you if you also wanted to do some close up detail with shallow DOF - the problem then would be that the 23 is poor for this purpose wide open so you'd be stopping down anyway. The 35 is better for this purpose as it doesn't have that odd 'glow' on close ups at F2 or not near as noticeable.

That's a positive "RESULT" in my book, congrat's and "ENJOY".

George.

Popped out for a wander around the local woodland/park, and found mushrooms :) Most had been battered, but these looked ok.

T2 80mm @f8
Mushrooms by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Very nice close up Fujigraph, with some good detail & colours.

George.

Lovely autumn colours really popped in the afternoon sun.

X-E3 + 50-140 f2.8
Autumn Colours by Kyle, on Flickr

Autumn Colours by Kyle, on Flickr

Very nice. I don't think you can ever have too many Autumn leave images. But time is running out folks! There's less and less of these lovely coloured leaves by the day now, they're falling rapidly. Think I will head out and shoot some more myself tomorrow, bank Hol Monday over here so all should be nice and quiet

Reactions: Kei
Broadstairs 26.10.19

hwpHD9q.jpg

Regards my faulty Viltrox 85mm f1.8 lens which I returned today via Amazon, I'm giving thought to re-order another to give it a second chance.....(????)

Peter

Last edited:
Back