The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

If 6400 is like Sony 4000 I really can't see how the XT1 is the equal of the Sony in low light as I can and do shoot at any ISO up to and including 25,600 so the Fuji files would need pushing post capture. I do wonder why the Fuji stick at 6400 when even my GX7 goes to 25,600 and the pictures are useable depending upon the scene and how much noise reduction I want to apply. It would be interesting to shoot an A7 and a Fuji side by side and see what the Fuji files look like when pushed to match, there may not be too great a real world difference.

Anyway, as I said, the relatively low upper ISO limit may not be a deal breaker. I'm just thinking about replacing MFT as I can't see Panasonic adding the options I want... auto ISO in manual exposure mode and constant preview.

Thanks for all the info. :D

You can go to 25,500 on the Fuji if you want to, but you can't have a Raw file (because it's just processing an ISO 6400 exposure).

The Fuji is fine in low light, as I've said before. If you can live with the Sony you'll live with the Fuji just fine.

Just e-mailed WEX this morning to confirm my trade in of the X-E2 and 50-230 against the X-T10. Just need to decide on silver or black now.
What's everyone's preference?

I know it's a personal choice which I can make myself. However I ask this knowing that at some point in the future this body will be in the for sale section and you are all my potential customers :D:D:D

Personally, if I were in the market Id rather spend the money on a used X-T1.

Me too, but it's a second body. Triple use: Mrs Sprout's camera on trips out / second body for me to save switching lenses / smaller camera to use with single zoom when traveling light (but needing more flexibility than X100s)

X-T10 fits all of these better than another X-T1

Sure, its loads smaller ;)
In nearly all the reviews I have read or watched they have all commented on how much smaller it is compared to the X-T1 and might be too small for those with small hands. For me the smaller size is the only reason I would buy one to replace my X-T1 but the X-E2 viewfinder is a deal breaker.

In nearly all the reviews I have read or watched they have all commented on how much smaller it is compared to the X-T1 and might be too small for those with small hands. For me the smaller size is the only reason I would buy one to replace my X-T1 but the X-E2 viewfinder is a deal breaker.

Yes as Twist pointed out it's only mm's difference, but it's mm's on something already quite small. The height and width are roughly 8% smaller and more than 10% smaller depth. It would have been nice to have the same viewfinder as the X-T1 but then they have to separate the models or lose X-T1 sales.

Thats the thing isnt it, size is subjective, to me 4mm at each side is nothing, to some its a huge difference. I think the XT1 size is perfect for a smaller camera.

From what I can tell the XT1 has better buffer, better EVF, better LCD, takes faster cards and has weather sealing. For me all that would add up to buying an XT1 instead for the extra £100-150.

Last edited:
If the difference (to get what I want) was only £100 I'd definitely be buying another X-T1. And if at any point I can trade the X-T10 up to another X-T1 for only £100 I probably will.

If the difference (to get what I want) was only £100 I'd definitely be buying another X-T1. And if at any point I can trade the X-T10 up to another X-T1 for only £100 I probably will.

An XT10 is 499 right? A used XT1 is usually around 550-575 or 630 from refurb store.

An XT10 is 499 right? A used XT1 is usually around 550-575 or 630 from refurb store.

This is what I have at the moment for Mrs Sprout's kit
X-E2 18-55 & 50-230

What I want to end up with is a new body X-T1 or 10, 18-55 & 55-200

By going the X-T10 route it's going to cost me £330 for a brand new camera and 2 brand new lenses.

So who is interested in the Fuji X-T1 being released tomorrow? Im thinking this will be a good step forward for Fuji but at the same time feel that the X Pro 2 is now due. Although its actually a year away still it feels weird they have no flagship body anymore as such. Im hoping the X-T1 will genuinely fix the slow autofocus problems, I worry Fuji never really seem to get there where Olympus find it easier. Regardless of that I think it looks like an interesting camera but bring on the 2.8 zooms please.

Clicked into the first page by mistake and was amused by the bold part of the initial post from 16 months ago. :)

Would jump at an X-T1 at £550 but you never see them advertised at that price!

It's funny also how grey import Fujis aren't much cheaper than UK stock (and more expensive than Fuji refurb) - very much unlike almost every other manufacturer :confused:

From what I can tell the XT1 has better buffer, better EVF, better LCD, takes faster cards and has weather sealing. For me all that would add up to buying an XT1 instead for the extra £100-150.
That pretty much sums up my position too (y)

Thats the thing isnt it, size is subjective, to me 4mm at each side is nothing, to some its a huge difference. I think the XT1 size is perfect for a smaller camera.

Looking at the comparison pictures there doesn't look to be a whole lot in it but as you say it may feel smaller in the plastic and metal. If there isn't really all that much difference in size maybe an X-T1 could be a better option but what about the firmware updates? Is it at all possible that Fuji could stop updating the X-T1 firmware at any point whilst continuing to release updates for newer models?

Back