The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Great shot and love the Gull pose, seems like your enjoying the 90mm.

Thanks Dave, yes very much so. I want this lens and a 56mm f1.2 for my Weddings :). Love the way Fuji renders the colours. Auto White Balance seems to nail it!! I'm so disappointed the weather has been poor this weekend - and I haven't been able to use it in nice light. It's off back to Lenses For Hire on Monday.

Graham has it correct. You can only check focus completely reliably if you shoot RAW+FINE. But I never import the JPGs into LR any more, just sort by file type on Import and only select the RAW files for import. So they only take space on the card, and 64GB cards are pretty cheap these days. Alternatively you can use two cards all the time and set the camera to put RAWs on one and JPGs on the other. Personally I can't be bothered.
Thanks. The two card thing obviously can’t be done on the X-T30 though ;)

Thanks Dave, yes very much so. I want this lens and a 56mm f1.2 for my Weddings :). Love the way Fuji renders the colours. Auto White Balance seems to nail it!! I'm so disappointed the weather has been poor this weekend - and I haven't been able to use it in nice light. It's off back to Lenses For Hire on Monday.

Both the 56 & 90 would be a great wedding combo imo. I had a look at your site and got to say, outstanding wedding images you have taken.

2. I got mine set up to zoom in when you press the rear command dial I'm presuming its zoom to 100%. But doing forget to get 100% you got to be shooting either raw & jpeg or jpeg.

Is that the same for the X-H1? Not realised you can't zoom 1:1 when shooting in RAW only.

Haven't been able to get used to the placement of BBF yet on the X-H1. Just decided to keep focusing on the shutter as it's lightning fast to focus and when shooting action particularly as I'm not used to the placement of the buttons, it's another step that might mean missing the shot.

Both the 56 & 90 would be a great wedding combo imo. I had a look at your site and got to say, outstanding wedding images you have taken.

Thanks very much Dave, too kind. The ones on my website are my best of best - it would be good to get them all looking that good!! Almost all were taken with my D750 which I still find to be my preference when it comes to Low Light situations. My X-H1 is very much a casual shooter for now, although I did get the chance to take some photos with it alongside the D750 to compare results and get a bit more familiar with it at the Wedding on Thursday.

Last edited:
Pity about the light. Eyes were black so it was harder to nail the focus. Loving how responsive it is using the rear screen!! Great for this sort of stuff, just love my new Fuji for that.

DSCF0577 by Gilbo B, on Flickr

Last edited:
Thanks. The two card thing obviously can’t be done on the X-T30 though ;)
No you can't but I got the XT30 and XT3 and i do what David said shoot both to the same card and just important the RAW. If I'm out shooting street I normally just shoot RAW since for me critical focus in that case is not an issue.

Last edited:
Had a play with the X-T30 and X-T3 today, there's no doubt that I prefer the ergonomics X-T3 but if went that route then I'd not really be saving any bulk or weight over what I have now. Unfortunately the store didn't have a grip for the X-T30 to try as I'm sure that'd make a difference. The EVF of the X-T3 was very nice, very close to the Z7.

Looking for recommendations for half decent ND 10 stop screw on filter.
Not too expensive but not a really cheap crappy one.:p

Had a play with the X-T30 and X-T3 today, there's no doubt that I prefer the ergonomics X-T3 but if went that route then I'd not really be saving any bulk or weight over what I have now. Unfortunately the store didn't have a grip for the X-T30 to try as I'm sure that'd make a difference. The EVF of the X-T3 was very nice, very close to the Z7.

Toby, have you cracked the X Trans processing then ?

Toby, have you cracked the X Trans processing then ?
I believe so, although I'm not sure there's a general preset that works for everything so I have created a couple of presets for landscapes, one for city type shots, and one for 'portraits'.

I'm going to mull it over a bit, getting the X-T3 would mean a 'replacement' for the EM1-II rather than a weight saving alternative. I do prefer the rendering of the 18-55mm f2.8-4 over the Olly 12-40mm f2.8 for 'general' shots, but the X-T3 and 18-55mm only saves about 100g. But it would be a new toy to play with :ROFLMAO:

Also, I'm aware the X-T4 is imminent so even if I did decide on the X-T3 I'd wait to see what the prices did. I would first like to try the X-T20/30 with a grip though to see what that's like.

I believe so, although I'm not sure there's a general preset that works for everything so I have created a couple of presets for landscapes, one for city type shots, and one for 'portraits'.

I'm going to mull it over a bit, getting the X-T3 would mean a 'replacement' for the EM1-II rather than a weight saving alternative. I do prefer the rendering of the 18-55mm f2.8-4 over the Olly 12-40mm f2.8 for 'general' shots, but the X-T3 and 18-55mm only saves about 100g. But it would be a new toy to play with :ROFLMAO:

Also, I'm aware the X-T4 is imminent so even if I did decide on the X-T3 I'd wait to see what the prices did. I would first like to try the X-T20/30 with a grip though to see what that's like.

Isn't your m43 stuff for long shooting though?

I must've misread your post
That's why I put replacement in inverted commas (y). What I meant is that it would be a like for like camera rather than getting something smaller and lighter. I could've worded it better ;)

That's why I put replacement in inverted commas (y). What I meant is that it would be a like for like camera rather than getting something smaller and lighter. I could've worded it better ;)

So will you then be using 3 systems and a 1" compact? o_O

I'm pretty pleased with my SRB 10 stopper. Reasonably priced and very little colour cast, if any at all. My B&W 10 stopper had a quite heavy magenta cast.
Cheers for that,will have a look at it.

So will you then be using 3 systems and a 1" compact? o_O
No I'll be watching 3 systems collect dust whilst considering a 1" compact :ROFLMAO:

Still thinking Fuji then? I was thinking Fuji also, but gone proper retro now. I am using my Nikon film camera, so I think I have gone full frame also. :)
I’ve always liked the Fuji cameras and lenses, it’s just been the rendering but I ‘think’ I now have processing sorted so there’s no more plastic rocks, plastic faces or artificial trees.

The trouble is (and always has been) the weight/bulk vs IQ as well as ergonomics. I have quite large hands so small cameras with small grips don’t feel as good to use so I prefer a camera of a ‘certain size’, but then of course this tends to add weight, and of course the larger size can also be a nuisance such as when you have a spot of lunch and the camera takes half the table up (so to speak ;)).

If I’m purely out for photography then all of this is a none issue, I can pick whatever tool is best for the job, but it’s days out/holidays where photography isn’t the priority but I still want nice photos, better than the phone.

I’ve got some film for my OM1 but I’ve not loaded it yet, I do plan on getting out with it at some point this year though.

Back