The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Toby, it’s actually the Meier grip that we have, copy of the Fuji one, it weighs 79g
OK thanks for that much appreciated. I'd be surprised if the Fuji one weighs 4 times as much then.

May have already posted this one...

Storm chaser...

XT1 / 35mm 1.4 (probably my fav Fuji lens, only needs an AF motor update imo)

You have done, but worth posting again as it's a lovely shot. I like the 35mm but not usually hugely keen on the bokeh rendering.

You have done, but worth posting again as it's a lovely shot. I like the 35mm but not usually hugely keen on the bokeh rendering.

I dont really post my facing shots as you know, so have limited shots to share here.

Its much smoother close up than from a distance, I think for me its the whole package, it looks great, has a nice hood, great size, lightweight, nice IQ (Ive had 2 superb copies), it just makes for a nice setup on an XT... except for that AF. Add better linear motors and WR and its a winner IMO, was disappointed they brought out the F2 tbh.

Last edited:
I dont really post my facing shots as you know, so have limited shots to share here.

Its much smoother close up than from a distance, I think for me its the whole package, it looks great, has a nice hood, great size, lightweight, nice IQ (Ive had 2 superb copies), it just makes for a nice setup on an XT... except for that AF. Add better linear motors and WR and its a winner IMO, was disappointed they brought out the F2 tbh.

Have you tried on the newer bodies? I used it during a wedding in the autumn and it really did a great job. I'll try and post them later.

Have you tried on the newer bodies? I used it during a wedding in the autumn and it really did a great job. I'll try and post them later.

No, the latest Fuji I have used properly is the XT1 and briefly an XP2 (which I didnt really like). I might dip my toes again when the XT4 is out and buy a cheap XT3 if I can get one for around £500. Wont sell the A9 to buy into it as its just phenomenal but I do feel like Id like to go back to having a second pick up and go/leave laying around cam and not worry about damaging it.

What you using at the moment, see your 85 sold, was so close to buying!!

Yeah, please share a few or message me a link. I wont share anything.

I looked through my X100 variant photos and its still not for me, 23mm f2 is just to slow for my style.

Last edited:
This afternoon, I walked to John Lewis to try their Fujifilm cameras. Not many on display. I wanted to get a feel for the ergonomics of the control dials first and then the hybrid viewfinder. The X100F was on display and I tried that one. All good, except that the EV comp dial was quite stiff, to point I had to take the camera away from my eye and apply more turning force. Do they loosen up a bit over time?

Hard to tell in a shop setting, but either EVF or OVF was fine, but the optical with the little corner EVF was ... odd. Something you get used to?

Also, regarding the aperture ring on the lens - not all have engraved indicators, it seems? That's a pretty big draw for me. In particular I want to be able to see all of the exposure settings, and a lens with no markings is no better than having aperture on an unmarked control dial on the body.

This afternoon, I walked to John Lewis to try their Fujifilm cameras. Not many on display. I wanted to get a feel for the ergonomics of the control dials first and then the hybrid viewfinder. The X100F was on display and I tried that one. All good, except that the EV comp dial was quite stiff, to point I had to take the camera away from my eye and apply more turning force. Do they loosen up a bit over time?

Hard to tell in a shop setting, but either EVF or OVF was fine, but the optical with the little corner EVF was ... odd. Something you get used to?

Also, regarding the aperture ring on the lens - not all have engraved indicators, it seems? That's a pretty big draw for me. In particular I want to be able to see all of the exposure settings, and a lens with no markings is no better than having aperture on an unmarked control dial on the body.

Some are better than none, Sony is the same, only a few lenses have the markings or the digi display. I personally dont like it because its a slow way to work.

No, the latest Fuji I have used properly is the XT1 and briefly an XP2 (which I didnt really like). I might dip my toes again when the XT4 is out and buy a cheap XT3 if I can get one for around £500. Wont sell the A9 to buy into it as its just phenomenal but I do feel like Id like to go back to having a second pick up and go/leave laying around cam and not worry about damaging it.

I looked through my X100 variant photos and its still not for me, 23mm f2 is just to slow for my style.

I liked the Pro 2 the evf is too small for me.
How long you thinking it'll take for the T3 prices to tank down to £500? 10 months?

85 went. I nearly kept it. It works a damn sight better adapted than it does on Canon dslr. Have a7r3, xt3 and lenses for both. Going to get to play with dji ronin with both tomorrow.

I liked the Pro 2 the evf is too small for me.
How long you thinking it'll take for the T3 prices to tank down to £500? 10 months?

85 went. I nearly kept it. It works a damn sight better adapted than it does on Canon dslr. Have a7r3, xt3 and lenses for both. Going to get to play with dji ronin with both tomorrow.

My guess at the moment, the rate Fuji release kit and offers cashback, maybe as soon as 6-8 months. They are only £865 grey brand new and there will be a lot of them on the market soon. I think 500-550 mint as people offload for the next big thing, then Fuji will also be doing cashback and double cashback which will guarantee low used prices.

Nice, the drone or the gimbal?

Last edited:
My guess at the moment, the rate Fuji release kit and offers cashback, maybe as soon as 6-8 months. They are only £865 grey brand new and there will be a lot of them on the market soon. I think 500-550 mint as people offload for the next big thing, then Fuji will also be doing cashback and double cashback which will guarantee low used prices.

Nice, the drone or the gimbal?

Ronin gimbal. I've got the mavic Pro.

Mavic pro is awesome. Did you go for the SC?

Yeah I love it. Wish I could use it more often. Took it to Cornwall over Xmas and had a few goes on a couple of days when it wasn't too windy. So much fun. Love how it folds up too. Yeah it's the SC.

If the X-T3 comes down to £500 I might have to invest in one myself ;)

I've had the 23/35/56/60/40-150 and other zooms. The 16 looks great, so does the 90 but a bit long for me.

90mm is probably my favourite. Possibly my best shots/ones I like the most have been with that lens.

Do you think it's because of the longer FL = shallower dof?

probably. its very, very sharp wide open and i just love the way it renders. i haven't used it much over the last year, but i remember when i first got it and used it on the t1 i was blown away.

Do you think it's because of the longer FL = shallower dof?
For me, I think it is the compression of the longer FL, combined with he razor sharp images at F2.

Have to agree with the comments regarding the 90mm f2.0.

I also like the 56mm f1.2 too.

The new upcoming 50mm f1.0 looks like a beast of a lens too.

:D

Have to agree with the comments regarding the 90mm f2.0.

I also like the 56mm f1.2 too.

The new upcoming 50mm f1.0 looks like a beast of a lens too.

:D

I used the 90mm briefly last week and loved it. Maybe a tad long for what I'd use it for. Hoping to try out the 56mm f1.2 soon and maybe purchase one!!

If the X-T3 comes down to £500 I might have to invest in one myself ;)

People said the X-H1 dropped in price quickly { not fast enough for me at the time] , nothing close to the XT3 drop IMO. There's nothing between a new H1 and barely used T3 now.

Last edited:
Back